Real 0-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapacubra

Reaction score
After driving the Emira, I canceled my order.
0-60 is not 4.3" as advertised.
Its at 6 seconds. The car is extremely slow. The reason Lotus is not allowing 0-60 tests.
People are dissapointed thinking 4.3" but in reality its 6.0".
There are a couple of 0-60s on youtube performed by racing drivers who had to try multiple times because they were getting 6 seconds times.
A golf gti can smoke that toyota camry!
I am not trolling here. I was going to buy one and I feel fooled giving a deposit Lotus made money from the interest, believing in false specs.
If you want one, try to drive it first. The supercharger feeling is non existing. Its like a heavy v6 sedan...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Its at 6 seconds. The car is extremely slow. The reason Lotus is not allowing 0-60 tests.
There are a couple of 0-60s on youtube performed by racing drivers who had to try multiple times because they were getting 6 seconds times.
I am not trolling here. I was going to buy one and I feel fooled giving a deposit Lotus made money from the interest, believing in false specs.
If you want one, try to drive it first. The supercharger feeling is non existing. Its like a heavy v6 sedan...

Welcome to the forum @chapacubra. Interesting first post... Did you join just to tell us your opinion or did you actually properly test the Emira's 0-60?

The Emira certainly doesn't feel like "a heavy v6 sedan" and the supercharger is noticeably effective, but I'm interested to know why you think the 0-60 is closer to 6 seconds than the advertised 4.3. What did you use to test it? What were the conditions? There were/are only demos in the US and most dealers didn't allow test drives in track mode and especially not 0-60 launch tests, so please tell us more...

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There's a forum member self tested at 4.5 I believe. It's a tricky car to launch granted but it's there or there abouts when you get it right. In the move, point to point its plenty fast enough (i say this having driven with Maclarens, ferrari , new m3 etc...), which is as its intended, if you want a drag strip car this isn't for you.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Links to those racing drivers on youtube please. Thanks in advance.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t think anyone is buying a Lotus for 0-60 times, but yes their manual v6 0-60 time is optimistic — doesn’t mean it’s not a great sports car though.

Maybe you’d be interested in an EV instead for repeatable 0-60 times without much skill?

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There's a forum member self tested at 4.5 I believe. It's a tricky car to launch granted but it's there or there abouts when you get it right. In the move, point to point its plenty fast enough (i say this having driven with Maclarens, ferrari , new m3 etc...), which is as its intended, if you want a drag strip car this isn't for you.
That is interesting, I must have missed that! Do you remember who it was/ what thread?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Related question though: I don't think Lotus has ever received any funds from US depositors - my impression was that all that cash is still sitting in your dealer's account. (based on the fact that deposit amounts and terms seem to vary widely among US dealers) Anyone know for sure?

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When Chapacubra posts up a 'censored' picture of the deposit form and dealership receipt we can then begin to take her post seriously.

My guess is that they got lost and wandered over here from vwvortex by accident.

Last edited:

schorsch

Reaction score
I timed my Emira (manual) with a Qstarz GPS gear. Got 4.6s at the best run (see my journals thread). However, usually around 5s unless you want to smoke your clutch.
Also getting the timing on the gear change to 2nd right, is a challenge.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I timed my Emira (manual) with a Qstarz GPS gear. Got 4.6s at the best run (see my journals thread). However, usually around 5s unless you want to smoke your clutch.
How does it feel to be 1.4 seconds faster to 60 than multiple racing drivers? Maybe you need to consider a new career!

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think you are referring to this by @hml_xy recently:

full

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just booked a test drive for June 12th 30mins. We shall see.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Obvious not-trolling aside, this thread should be renamed to "Real zero-to-missing-the-point-while-simultaneously-admitting-I-am-not-a-very-good-driver"... but I guess there might be a character limit on thread names, so 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.