• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Racing stripes anyone?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I love all the gold pinstripe work 🤩

f9d74f2d-d200-4a5e-94b9-47198436968e-jpeg.354

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Stripes work on some cars. Brock transformed the Shelby Mustang with blue stripes on white cars.

Some look good on the Elige. The Evora. But if ever there was a Lotus that cried "don't effing put stripes on me" it is the Emira.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Stripes work on some cars. Brock transformed the Shelby Mustang with blue stripes on white cars.

Some look good on the Elige. The Evora. But if ever there was a Lotus that cried "don't effing put stripes on me" it is the Emira.
I agree. The Emira has such an organic flowing design that putting hard straight lines on it doesn't fit its character.

From a decal perspective, the only thing that will work is shaped non-linear decals like on the Emira GT4.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

See @dgrace 's post above for a rebuttal of your argument. 😆

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree. The Emira has such an organic flowing design that putting hard straight lines on it doesn't fit its character.

From a decal perspective, the only thing that will work is shaped non-linear decals like on the Emira GT4.
Oh I dunno, the original Ford GT40 was pretty swoopy but also looked great with stripes! To each their own. :p

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

They work on the 488 pista which has a similar shape

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m not planning on it, but anyone have any view on stripes they think would look good on the Seneca blue? Would be curious to see what others had in mind? Personally I think the other colours are better suited (red, yellow), but I’d like to be proven wrong.