Race to the first i4

Jan

Reaction score
The only options listed on my final invoice were:
£400 for black leather with yellow stitching and TDC marker
£1,200 for Black pack

I think there was a delivery charge rolled into the base price but I don't remember there being a charge for any colour choices, wheels or trim. This seems wrong to me.
I just got of the phone with my dealer. He said the charges are wrong for people who bought the car a year ago, but are normal for people who want to buy today. He can't change it himself, because the invoice is from Lotus, not from him. Seems about right for Lotus. Great dealer, great car, but what a joke is the head office. Just keep it like it was for 70 something years: let dealers sell the cars. Don't try to sell them yourself if you can't handle it properly.

BTW: These new prices are also listed on the Belgian configurator, while this was not the case 2 week ago.

https://www.lotuscars.com/nl-BE/con...yQXk5KXx3h8n3sN96A-EAvx-OB-0Ye8EEfMBn0wN8tyAA

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow - that's sharp practice from Lotus if you ask me.
At least we are getting an idea on how the base model pricing is shaping up... Also seeing the V6 gone for the EU is a bit surprising. Looks like they are getting a different menu than the UK/US customers. This must have to do with ADAS regulations in EU that killed the Cayman commencing in July.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just got of the phone with my dealer. He said the charges are wrong for people who bought the car a year ago, but are normal for people who want to buy today. He can't change it himself, because the invoice is from Lotus, not from him. Seems about right for Lotus. Great dealer, great car, but what a joke is the head office. Just keep it like it was for 70 something years: let dealers sell the cars. Don't try to sell them yourself if you can't handle it properly.

BTW: These new prices are also listed on the Belgian configurator, while this was not the case 2 week ago.

https://www.lotuscars.com/nl-BE/con...yQXk5KXx3h8n3sN96A-EAvx-OB-0Ye8EEfMBn0wN8tyAA
Sorry to heat that Jan, not the best customer experience from Lotus at the moment. It's not an outrageous increase, but it is enough to give someone pause. The fact that they still call it a First Edition is very odd. Did you confirm with your dealer that your car is coming with ADAS as per EU regs. If so, that may be the reason for the increase as you will have additional tech than any other First Edition. If it is not coming with ADAS it would make this increase even more odd.

Jan

Reaction score
Sorry to heat that Jan, not the best customer experience from Lotus at the moment. It's not an outrageous increase, but it is enough to give someone pause. The fact that they still call it a First Edition is very odd. Did you confirm with your dealer that your car is coming with ADAS as per EU regs. If so, that may be the reason for the increase as you will have additional tech than any other First Edition. If it is not coming with ADAS it would make this increase even more odd.
Normally it should be without ADAS, since I agreed to change my spec a bit, so it would match with a car that was already built. As they told me: my car has been built for over a month now. I don't know why I still haven't recieved it yet. But normally it should be an "old" one without ADAS.

Last week my wife got her new Range Rover Sport with ADAS. I really hope my Emira comes without it. The traffic sign recognition with adaptive speed limiter is by far the most annoying thing. Super annoying to always have to push a button (twice) to turn it off. It resets every time you stop the engine of the car. I think I drove it 5 times. 4 times it started beeping because I forgot to turn it off in advance.

EMIRADILEMMA

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought FE was supposed to come with all the colours and wheel and brake caliper options as standard without additional costs. It's cheeky that they are still calling it a FE without giving the "FE package".

SCJ

Reaction score
My meridian blue i4 waiting for collection. :)
image006.jpeg
image007.jpeg

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just recieved my pro forma invoice and I have to say I was a bit surprised.

Prices are Belgian prices including 21% VAT:
Emira FE i4: 97 625 euro. OK, I knew this.
Exterior Paint: Hethel Yellow: 870 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Black pack: Full Black pack: 1 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Wheels: 20" V-spoke ultralightweight Gloss Black: 880 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Interior trim: Black Alcantara, Yellow stitch: 2 900 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Steering wheel: Black Alcantara with Yellow TDC inserts and contrast stitching: 470 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Equipment: Privacy Glass: 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Equipment: Lotus Vehicle Tracker: 650 euro. OK, I knew this.
Transport and delivery: 393 euro. I did not know this in advance, but I guess this is to be expected.
In total: 105 608 euros. While they have a similar V6 in stock for about 6 months now for only 101 965: https://www.lotus-verhiest.com/nl/new-stock/lotus-emira-v6-first-edition

So 870 + 880 + 2900 + 470 + 393 euros of unexpected costs. This is 5 513 euros more than I knew more than 1 year ago when I ordered.

Where these extras counted for everybody? It feels unfair to me.
What was the original price you receive and when?

I did the reservation on November 22 and my total is 107K€ with exactly the same configuration. it says that extars were inside the price, but It could be that they work on the pro forma that way?

Neil D.

Reaction score
I just recieved my pro forma invoice and I have to say I was a bit surprised.

Prices are Belgian prices including 21% VAT:
Emira FE i4: 97 625 euro. OK, I knew this.
Exterior Paint: Hethel Yellow: 870 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Black pack: Full Black pack: 1 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Wheels: 20" V-spoke ultralightweight Gloss Black: 880 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Interior trim: Black Alcantara, Yellow stitch: 2 900 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Steering wheel: Black Alcantara with Yellow TDC inserts and contrast stitching: 470 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Equipment: Privacy Glass: 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Equipment: Lotus Vehicle Tracker: 650 euro. OK, I knew this.
Transport and delivery: 393 euro. I did not know this in advance, but I guess this is to be expected.
In total: 105 608 euros. While they have a similar V6 in stock for about 6 months now for only 101 965: https://www.lotus-verhiest.com/nl/new-stock/lotus-emira-v6-first-edition

So 870 + 880 + 2900 + 470 + 393 euros of unexpected costs. This is 5 513 euros more than I knew more than 1 year ago when I ordered.

Where these extras counted for everybody? It feels unfair to me.
You are safe if you ordered before April 1st. What Lotus are not telling is, is that the cars sold now, are NOT First Edition, even though they have the badge. We are buying base models and paying for the options. I feel sorry for buyers who wnat magma, Alcantara, alcantara steering and diamond cut wheels...Yes the V6 ( there are many new ones in Europe) are becomming interesting.
Neil

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You are safe if you ordered before April 1st. What Lotus are not telling is, is that the cars sold now, are NOT First Edition, even though they have the badge. We are buying base models and paying for the options. I feel sorry for buyers who wnat magma, Alcantara, alcantara steering and diamond cut wheels...Yes the V6 ( there are many new ones in Europe) are becomming interesting.
Neil
I thought this as well, that this is now the base version. However, the base version did not include the following;

- KEF Audio
- 12-way seats
- Alcantara headliner
- Sport Pedals
- Leather interior (suppose to be a technical fabric)
- Cast Alloy wheels (not forged)
- memory seats / heated seats
- sport chassis option was to be part of the driver's pack

However these options are included for Jon / anyone in Belgium and Germany.

It's like an in-between the base model and First Edition. Unless the Base model is now significantly more upgraded than they originally planned? All very odd.

Is it possible the configurator is not fully operational and will be updated, removing the First Edition and finishing off the pricing?

Jan

Reaction score
What was the original price you receive and when?

I did the reservation on November 22 and my total is 107K€ with exactly the same configuration. it says that extars were inside the price, but It could be that they work on the pro forma that way?

I placed my deposit on the Brussels Motorshow (23/01/2023). I didn't have an exact price at that time. Nobody did.

In march this year the salesman of my dealer called to change my desired spec a bit so it would be the same as a car that was available. Price would be 97 625 + 1410 black pack + 410 Privacy Glass + 650 Vehicle Tracker = 100 095. I never received this quote on paper. Only on the phone. I never actually counted the total. He said on the phone 98-99.000ish, something like that.

Only just yesterday I recieved for the first time a confirmation that my Emira FE I4 was ordered. I still haven't signed anything. Everything happens on good faith. I shook hands with the salesman and paid the deposit.

Jan

Reaction score
I thought this as well, that this is now the base version. However, the base version did not include the following;

- KEF Audio
- 12-way seats
- Alcantara headliner
- Sport Pedals
- Leather interior (suppose to be a technical fabric)
- Cast Alloy wheels (not forged)
- memory seats / heated seats
- sport chassis option was to be part of the driver's pack

However these options are included for Jon / anyone in Belgium and Germany.

It's like an in-between the base model and First Edition. Unless the Base model is now significantly more upgraded than they originally planned? All very odd.

Is it possible the configurator is not fully operational and will be updated, removing the First Edition and finishing off the pricing?

If I go on the Belgian configurator and click on the "i" this informations comes up:

EMIRA FIRST EDITION
Overzicht standaarduitrusting

Interior

12 way adjustable seating inc. 2 memory functions (seat & mirrors)

Nappa leather / Alcantara trim

Heated seats

Black Alcantara headlining

Black leather steering wheel

Exterior

20" V-spoke Forged alloy wheels

Two-Piece Brake Discs

Powerfold mirrors

Infotainment

KEF Premium Audio (560w)

Apple Car Play / Android Auto compatible

7-speaker speaker audio system (128w)

Comfort and convenience

LED automatic headlights

Climate Control

Keyless Go

Cruise Control

Electric folding door mirrors

Rear parking sensors

Twin cup holders

Central armrest and storage compartment

2x USB ports

1x Type-C port

12v Power socket

Technology

12.3" TFT instrument display

10.25" HMI Touch screen

Satellite Navigation (Market specific)

Tour and Sport Drive modes

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Packs

Lotus Drivers Pack

• Track Mode (ESP)

• Track Mode HMI / TFT Display

• Switchable exhaust sound based on drive mode

• Choice of:

• Track tyre and sports suspension

• Touring tyre and sports suspension

• Touring tyre and touring suspension

Convenience Pack

• Front parking sensors

• Rear reversing camera

• Rain sensing wipers with aero blades

• Automatic dimming rear view mirror

• Automatic dimming wing mirrors

• Boot compartment stowage net

• Passenger footwell stowage net

Lotus Design Pack

• Lightweight 10-spoke V-design, Forged wheel - Front 20x8.5J and Rear 20x10J

• Privacy glass to rear three quarter windows and rear windscreen

• Sports pedal pads, Aluminium with rubber insert

• Choice of: Red, Black, or Yellow brake calipers

• Black Lotus branded premium carpet over mats

So the alcantara trim is still listed as included, while the configurator itself mentions an extra price.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I go on the Belgian configurator and click on the "i" this informations comes up:

EMIRA FIRST EDITION
Overzicht standaarduitrusting

Interior

12 way adjustable seating inc. 2 memory functions (seat & mirrors)

Nappa leather / Alcantara trim

Heated seats

Black Alcantara headlining

Black leather steering wheel

Exterior

20" V-spoke Forged alloy wheels

Two-Piece Brake Discs

Powerfold mirrors

Infotainment

KEF Premium Audio (560w)

Apple Car Play / Android Auto compatible

7-speaker speaker audio system (128w)

Comfort and convenience

LED automatic headlights

Climate Control

Keyless Go

Cruise Control

Electric folding door mirrors

Rear parking sensors

Twin cup holders

Central armrest and storage compartment

2x USB ports

1x Type-C port

12v Power socket

Technology

12.3" TFT instrument display

10.25" HMI Touch screen

Satellite Navigation (Market specific)

Tour and Sport Drive modes

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Packs

Lotus Drivers Pack

• Track Mode (ESP)

• Track Mode HMI / TFT Display

• Switchable exhaust sound based on drive mode

• Choice of:

• Track tyre and sports suspension

• Touring tyre and sports suspension

• Touring tyre and touring suspension

Convenience Pack

• Front parking sensors

• Rear reversing camera

• Rain sensing wipers with aero blades

• Automatic dimming rear view mirror

• Automatic dimming wing mirrors

• Boot compartment stowage net

• Passenger footwell stowage net

Lotus Design Pack

• Lightweight 10-spoke V-design, Forged wheel - Front 20x8.5J and Rear 20x10J

• Privacy glass to rear three quarter windows and rear windscreen

• Sports pedal pads, Aluminium with rubber insert

• Choice of: Red, Black, or Yellow brake calipers

• Black Lotus branded premium carpet over mats

So the alcantara trim is still listed as included, while the configurator itself mentions an extra price.

My only guess is they are updating the configurator for the base unit and it is partially completed? Or Lotus is incapable of advertising correctly.

In fairness I have seen errors in Porsche's configurator before when there is a model change over occurring and takes them a couple weeks to sort it. What is the dealer saying? Are they still producing first editions with different pricing than advertised? Perhpas an email directly to Lotus CS to ask will get the best answer.

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As requested, my Emira alternative was picked up today. Very happy with it but still a little regretful on the Emira. Also by strange coincidence the 4 week wait to get my deposits refunded by Lotus finally resolved today, just as I was making the final payment for the 650s.

I will for sure keep popping in here as I would like to get an Emira at some point. Hope to see some of you at a cars and coffee event or maybe in the super-car parking at Goodwood/Silverstone etc.

53649511619_332fc5e5d2_c.jpg