Privacy glass

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The more I see pictures of cars with and without black pack, black pack is definitely the way to go with this car, makes it look so much more aggressive with a fighter jet look.

The privacy glass just accentuates that black pack look.
I would have preferred it if the full black pack was actually a dark tinted panoramic glass roof...I actually think the shiny nature of the black pack means that it shows up dust and dirt and fingerprints so much that it only looks good for about half an hour or so after it has been cleaned...it you are minded to keep it that way then it does look good I grant you...but I also fear that it will show up swirls and scratches a lot more than any of the alternative paint jobs (especially nimbus paint)...so you may need to ppf/ceramic it to retain its good looks.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would have preferred it if the full black pack was actually a dark tinted panoramic glass roof...I actually think the shiny nature of the black pack means that it shows up dust and dirt and fingerprints so much that it only looks good for about half an hour or so after it has been cleaned...it you are minded to keep it that way then it does look good I grant you...but I also fear that it will show up swirls and scratches a lot more than any of the alternative paint jobs (especially nimbus paint)...so you may need to ppf/ceramic it to retain its good looks.
Yes they were constantly cleaning and polishing the black roof on the Goodwood stand, it showed up every single spec of dust!!. No black top for me! :)

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes they were constantly cleaning and polishing the black roof on the Goodwood stand, it showed up every single spec of dust!!. No black top for me! :)
Iā€™m totally screwed then. Blue/ black pack and live down a dirt track leading into the woods where my dusty gravel drive awaits. šŸ˜‚

PhilCP

Reaction score
Why should black pack be any worse than the roof of a black car?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If you've ever had a black or dark blue car you'll live with the dust and swirl marks.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Use a good treatment on the roof. I use Formula 303 and it does a great job on everything on the outside of the car except glass. It works wonders on plastic, vinyl and rubber.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As I posted elsewhere, I did have 4 of them at one point tracking down answers for me/us. My post on child seats, LATCH anchors and ISOFIX also coming soon...

#ForTheDetails
Tom, you absolute legend. Many thanks!

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks like the privacy glass is like a very dark tint. You'll certainly have more aftermarket options if you delete it. I'm sure you can still see the engine if you are standing right on top of it during the day, but it won't be clear. It's not a 100% block of visibility.
Do not use after market tints on your engine bay glass or your car may be soon looking more like a Tesla! lol

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread now that customers have their cars in hopes they'll post pics of the factory tint in various lighting (specifically the engine glass).

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure, it may be in the glass. I didn't ask at the roadshows and I've been trying to work out if any of the show cars or pre-prod cars have privacy glass. I don't think they do, which makes it hard to gauge how dark it will be. The configurator also doesn't change if you toggle it!

I'm going for no privacy glass, on the basis the headlining is black and hence more natural light is good plus clear over the engine bay. If I lived in Florida I might think about tinting due to the solar load, but not in the UK šŸ˜Ž

That's why I have gone for privacy, to enhance the effects of the black pack.
Me too!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Reviving this thread now that customers have their cars in hopes they'll post pics of the factory tint in various lighting (specifically the engine glass).
Photo of engine glass tint taken a few moments ago on a cold snowy dull miserable afternoon in Norfolk

1678287951136.jpeg

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think I have posted these before on here but perhaps not. Attached are three photos of the hatch on the
23EB5CAF-2C64-44A7-874F-13970756CBD0.jpeg
DADCF867-CD65-4377-BA19-5228C8B42AC3.jpeg
1E7B6D2F-5117-4086-93D4-25F4EFB70F93.jpeg
C8FB0F57-8BD0-48B8-A808-B97B5935706D.jpeg
same car with tinted glass on the stand at Goodwood. It was so show that depending on the angle you view the tinted hatch from you can see different amounts through it. Obviously ambient light has an impact.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The tailgate glass is a 50/50 preference thing. With the black roof it flows into one piece.
It also works fine not tinted as even that has a tinted border.

Itā€™s the privacy side windows that look completely wrong, clashing against the main side glass, breaking up the flow of the side profile.

imho, obvs.

schorsch

Reaction score
The tailgate glass is a 50/50 preference thing. With the black roof it flows into one piece.
It also works fine not tinted as even that has a tinted border.

Itā€™s the privacy side windows that look completely wrong, clashing against the main side glass, breaking up the flow of the side profile.

imho, obvs.
I agree, but even without the privacy glass the small side windows are 50% completely black as they have such a wide black frame. With that, the privacy glass looks even better from the side imo.