Price in Australia?

thunt

Reaction score
Hi all - hopefully I’ll be a first time Lotus owner with the Emira. I’ve been a long time fan and this finally looks like the car my wife and I could drive…for the right price though

Given the Cayman/Boxster S start at roughly 135k in Australia, Lotus (or the importer I should say) would surely have to at least match that price for the lower-variant Emira?

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all - hopefully I’ll be a first time Lotus owner with the Emira. I’ve been a long time fan and this finally looks like the car my wife and I could drive…for the right price though

Given the Cayman/Boxster S start at roughly 135k in Australia, Lotus (or the importer I should say) would surely have to at least match that price for the lower-variant Emira?
All Aus pricing will be released the 1st of September. But early indications from my dealer in Sydney is that 200k fully loaded for an edition 1 V6 on road plus or minus 10k his words.

OP
T

thunt

Reaction score
All Aus pricing will be released the 1st of September. But early indications from my dealer in Sydney is that 200k fully loaded for an edition 1 V6 on road plus or minus 10k his words.
Good to know the pricing will be available soon. Looks like the FEs will be a little pricey… hopefully the non-FEs are a little more reasonable

MMV

Reaction score
Good to know the pricing will be available soon. Looks like the FEs will be a little pricey… hopefully the non-FEs are a little more reasonable
Screenshot_20210824-080904_Gmail.jpg

This is from the dealer in Perth...

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I still hope they’re wrong haha. At that price for the i4, I’m out (for now)
Unfortunately I’ve received the same info. I was never expecting a Lotus of that caliber to be the same price as a Toyota Supra at 110k. For $150k it’s actually a lot of car and looks twice the price, with super car styling and sound.
Even the base corvette C8 is at 149k, price you pay when you line in AUS with tax on top of tax…..

OP
T

thunt

Reaction score
Unfortunately I’ve received the same info. I was never expecting a Lotus of that caliber to be the same price as a Toyota Supra at 110k. For $150k it’s actually a lot of car and looks twice the price, with super car styling and sound.
Even the base corvette C8 is at 149k, price you pay when you line in AUS with tax on top of tax…..
I can understand why people would think that. But at the same time, Matt Windle was talking about the reduced production costs and that people would be “surprised at the price” (or something along those lines).

I’m not surprised :/

I do agree that it would be marketed as a more premium product to say a Supra, so I was thinking/hoping around 130ish