Emira Fan
Reaction score
1650433913443.png

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Only if it’s a cheap job. A good installer will fold the PPF under the panels so it’s invisible.
How would you fold around the front panel gap without removing? What about mirrors? Does anyone have pictures of how this is done?

Reactions: Liz

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I like the idea of wrap-around PPF but don't like the idea of panel removal. So if that means i see some PPF edges then I'll be content with that as I know the car will remain perfect.

For me its likely PPF on full front, mirrors, partial sides (lower black pack and front of rear wheel) and rear bumper behind the rear wheels. Ceramic sounds good but I'm happy to do all the coatings myself. Consumer coatings have come a long way and commercial ones aren't as good as they're hyped up to be.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@digilotus Totally with you on that. ceramic coatings, as nice as they are, is a way for detailers to generate recurring revenue. You keep going back to “top off” protection every year. Good for them.

I ask for panel wrap where possible without panel removal. I also ask for template cut, as opposed to using a hand blade.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How would you fold around the front panel gap without removing? What about mirrors? Does anyone have pictures of how this is done?
There is probably a huge increase in cost to fold around all the edges and some are not easy or perhaps even possible, most PPF is profile cut to the car and some edges are visible, my hood is wrapped around but mirrors not so. Bumpers and wheel arches are wrapped around as well but the Porsche crest has a small gap around it, the strip along the top pf my roof has an edge both front and rear.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I like the idea of wrap-around PPF but don't like the idea of panel removal. So if that means i see some PPF edges then I'll be content with that as I know the car will remain perfect.

For me its likely PPF on full front, mirrors, partial sides (lower black pack and front of rear wheel) and rear bumper behind the rear wheels. Ceramic sounds good but I'm happy to do all the coatings myself. Consumer coatings have come a long way and commercial ones aren't as good as they're hyped up to be.
I think I'm with you. I've had panels removed before, and from multiple companies. The finish is good, but the panels never seem to go back perfectly.

r1lee

Reaction score
Suntek reaction ppf comes with a ceramic coating. Plan on doing the whole car, totally worth it.

InvasiveSpecies

Reaction score
Planning on PPF on the entire car as soon as I get it. Same installer I've used on previous cars. So far every job I've had done by them was nearly invisible, you would have to put in some serious work to find the edges. The PPF used has ceramic coating already included as well.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I can’t get past how the edge of the ppf spoils the look. For what? So the next owner has a new looking car?
A properly done PPF isn't really all that visible unless you are really getting up close to look at it. Personally, I'm slightly OCD and having PPF will keep me from having to think about paint swirls. That peace of mind is worth ~$1500.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Which PPF do you folks recommend? Xpel, SunTek, 3M, other?

I want something with self-healing properties when pouring hot water on it or leaving it to bake in the sun.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Which PPF do you folks recommend? Xpel, SunTek, 3M, other?

I want something with self-healing properties when pouring hot water on it or leaving it to bake in the sun.
I’ve had a quote for Xpel ultimate plus, watched a YouTube video and it looks good but I’m no expert

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Full front £1295
Extended kit with sills £1595 (most popular kits)
A Pillar and roof £125
Full Car £3795

EVO coatings £300
Not sure if these prices are competitive or not but he is local to me so I’m able to go and view his work, which must be a good thing

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts