• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

PPF news

denk0815

Reaction score
Thanks to all three of you for the pictures!
You really can't see an edge or any other indication that there is a PPF on any of them.
The decision is made, I will wrap my Emira as well :)

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Answer today direct from Lotus about PPF

Currently we are discussing offering PPF, the details are yet to be confirmed but we will be able to advise closer to the time of our first deliveries in June.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a word of caution re PPF.

I have had a number of cars wrapped. A couple of issues. Sometimes the edges lift and you need to revisit the supplier for correction......Topaz have very good after service but most wrappers with experience know this can happen.

Some wrappers wrap around the panel edges, some wrap to the panel edges. You need to understand this and orientate expectations. The wrap around the panel edges is almost invisible but I suspect costs more.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Answer today direct from Lotus about PPF

Currently we are discussing offering PPF, the details are yet to be confirmed but we will be able to advise closer to the time of our first deliveries in June.
I received pretty much the same wording a few days ago. Looks like it’s being seriously considered.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As long as they are offering it and not just doing it I’m ok with it.
I definitely want a local professional to do complete paint prep and ppf unless they give some amazing deal from the factory.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Question: when I talked to some car wrapping companies in my region, they all told me that the PPF should only be added once the paint had at least 8 weeks to dry. Otherwise, removing the PPF later can damage the paint. Any experiences with that aspect and how this could relate to potential factory provided PPF? I have an Emira in order for June and would like to understand my PPF options.
this is true. I have received new sports cars that off-gas and smell up my garage for two months while they cure. In a colder climate, it really takes even longer