• Not proceeding with purchase

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Waiting to test drive/other reviews/undecided

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is NOT another thread to discuss the reasons for going ahead/withdrawing; we already hv tons of those.
Simply to gather data ;).

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do we really need 4 threads about chasing your mind/having doubts, etc.? This forum is becoming a very depressing place to visit.
Well this is meant purely as a poll. And if u look at it now, data suggest not as depressing as it really is.

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Those who have changed their mind probably won't be on this Forum any longer, and hence won't vote?🤷‍♂️
Eventually perhaps, but there are few active threads still going on so I suspect they could still vote?

Last edited:

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ironically, I've been building and budgeting C8 Stingray configurations the week preceding the Emira's embargo lift. I'm still leaning more toward the Emira but what gives me pause is one review said its steering has a dead spot on center, just like the C8. C8 has its strenghts/weaknesses but the Emira (now clearly) has its own set of strengths/weaknesses that are complementary/somewhat opposite to the C8. Cost, size/weight, driver engagement, power, sound, manual, serviceability, rarity vs ubiquity (and associated strengths/weaknesses in that respect), etc. And then there's the Z06 for which I'm on a waitlist at MSRP but its drawback is a ~4-year wait and higher cost (gives me more than sufficient time to save for the difference).

I voted still all-in for Emira but with slightly less conviction. Biggest pending factor is the cost of a BE configured how I want. But comparing FE price, the C8 configuration I'd want is about ~$13k less for all its associated strengths/weaknesses. I'm comparing what I get for each price, willing to pay a premium for the Emira up to a point where I don't feel shortchanged.

Last edited:

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Those who have changed their mind probably won't be on this Forum any longer, and hence won't vote?🤷‍♂️
They will, you'll notice they're telling everyone why they've changed their minds before driving one. No bad thing, might get the car a few months sooner at this rate :)

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Evo review put me off as I had seen that one first, the rest made me feel a bit better.

But given the complaints were mostly engine and gearbox my i4 is for now full steam ahead.
Yeah, I think, by then, it will be a super little car. I had intended to get both but that got sidelined.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ironically, I've been building and budgeting C8 Stingray configurations the week preceding the Emira's embargo lift. I'm still leaning more toward the Emira but what gives me pause is one review said its steering has a dead spot on center, just like the C8. C8 has its strenghts/weaknesses but the Emira (now clearly) has its own set of strengths/weaknesses that are complementary/somewhat opposite to the C8. Cost, size/weight, driver engagement, power, sound, manual, serviceability, rarity vs ubiquity (and associated strengths/weaknesses in that respect), etc. And then there's the Z06 for which I'm on a waitlist at MSRP but its drawback is a ~4-year wait and higher cost (gives me more than sufficient time to save for the difference).

I voted still all-in for Emira but with slightly less conviction. Biggest pending factor is the cost of a BE configured how I want. But comparing FE price, the C8 configuration I'd want is about ~$13k less for all its associated strengths/weaknesses. I'm comparing what I get for each price, willing to pay a premium for the Emira up to a point where I don't feel shortchanged.
corvettes are hot garbage. please man, just get this Emira. I mean hot freakin garbage. bucket of metal. dont do it. emira is a LOT cooler and in 2042 you could have any moron repair it. Look at its components! most solid indestructible super charger, engine, gearbox possible for 2022.