one less Emira on the road RIP

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why? What was the cause of this Emira pulling left into the trees? Are the Cup 2s that dodgy in the wet? Were those F1's? Don't understand....

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably never drove a RWD in the rain and never hydroplaned in his life. A very expensive life lesson! I'm glad he walked way without harming himself or anyone else.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what you can hear is he/she pulls hard on wet road, then the rears light up/ you can hear the revs suddenly go high, losing traction without a steering response.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A lot of cars were delivered with Cup 2 tyres in China, most demo cars were cup 2. In fact, if you ordered a V6 manual in China, it came sport with Cup 2, no other option.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All the totalled cars are in China so far? Who will volunteer to be first elsewhere?

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
All the totalled cars are in China so far? Who will volunteer to be first elsewhere?
Not all in China.
This one was in the UK not far from me.
Sadly the driver was killed.

If I have the location correct where this accident occurred the bend in the dual carriageway is easy to take at 70mph in any ordinary car even at night so something else was contributing to the crash.

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Driver was going way too fast. Took off like a bat out of hell on a slick surface. Stayed in the throttle as the turbo spooled and lost traction.

I've been there too. RWD cars have to be treated with care!

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not all in China.
This one was in the UK not far from me.
Sadly the driver was killed.

If I have the location correct where this accident occurred the bend in the dual carriageway is easy to take at 70mph in any ordinary car even at night so something else was contributing to the crash.
Yes, to the west of Bury if i recall. Also late evening so traffic would have been light. Always sad to hear about such an occurrence.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The cup 2 need to be treated with caution if cold and/or wet. Had a test drive in an I4 on Cup 2. It was a little cold that day. Car stepped out on me on a bend with moderate acceleration. I was pretty surprised as I wasn’t going hard. My I4, sport with F1 is very surefooted and wouldn’t break away like that under those circumstances.

The cup 2 could easily catch out an inexperienced driver, or even an unlucky experienced driver pushing it in less than ideal conditions….

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The cup 2 need to be treated with caution if cold and/or wet. Had a test drive in an I4 on Cup 2. It was a little cold that day. Car stepped out on me on a bend with moderate acceleration. I was pretty surprised as I wasn’t going hard. My I4, sport with F1 is very surefooted and wouldn’t break away like that under those circumstances.

The cup 2 could easily catch out an inexperienced driver, or even an unlucky experienced driver pushing it in less than ideal conditions….
Torquey turbo engine in a mid engine layout with cup 2s in the cold are a recipe for surprise. 3 strikes in the how to loose traction Department.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, the local pick a part has some nice bits now.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. They got their cars first and got them with only CUP 2s. Statistically more likely to crash.
images

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
ummm it wasn't china and the guy didn't make it. Check "Nicks" post above