Ohlins TTX Kits from Jubu

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Road 2-way Kit

Track 2-way or 3-way Kit with option of track and race (likely spring difference)

They seem to both involve an adjustable bracket front and rear that allows for likely camber adjustment.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Road 2-way Kit

Track 2-way or 3-way Kit with option of track and race (likely spring difference)

They seem to both involve an adjustable bracket front and rear that allows for likely camber adjustment.

That was quick! They're ~$8500 USD. 😰

GRP is working on their own adjustable kit for the Emira too. Should be announced soon. 😎

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That was quick! They're ~$8500 USD. 😰

GRP is working on their own adjustable kit for the Emira too. Should be announced soon. 😎

No, that 8,000 euros includes 20% VAT, should be cheaper for us here state-side, but also this is 100% in line with the usual cost of TTX.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is exactly the suspension that Emira should have shipped with (at least if you specified the Driver's Pack), but happy that it'll be available aftermarket at least. I've bought a lot of Ohlins gear over the years for motorcycles and have always been extremely satisfied.

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is exactly the suspension that Emira should have shipped with (at least if you specified the Driver's Pack), but happy that it'll be available aftermarket at least. I've bought a lot of Ohlins gear over the years for motorcycles and have always been extremely satisfied.

There's no way an Ohlins TTX damper should ever be shipped on a production vehicle like this imho. You're looking at yearly rebuilds on a set of dampers like this depending on use case. The driver's pack would cost a whole lot more too, each damper on the Emira probably costs them around $100 and these are easily 10x as expensive.

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I drove a Polestar 2 with Performance pack recently actually, and those are not an Ohlins TTX damper, it's a more road focused Ohlins DFV system, the price difference between the two are 2.5-3x as much for the TTX 2-way as the DFV for most applications. The TTX is a much lower hysteresis performance damper than the Ohlins and is going to see a higher rate of refresh due to normal operation.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I disagree. They should offer it as a cost upgrade when you order the car. The base suspensions are fine for most people and offering Ohlins as a factory option would give more choice.

On the Evora, Ohlins TTX were a cost option on the GT410 / US GT, I think at around £8,000. Very few were ordered with the option. They were standard fit on the GT430.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not familiar with Öhlins TTX dampers. Are these the same as coilovers where you can adjust ride height?

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not familiar with Öhlins TTX dampers. Are these the same as coilovers where you can adjust ride height?

With a 2-way you'd be able to adjust: ride height, bump and droop, compression, rebound.

With a 3-way you'd be able to adjust: ride height, bump and droop, high speed compression, low speed compression, and rebound.

Ohlins TTX are a very good high end dampers that should probably be used only for people who plan to race, track or the most dedicated sports car enthusiasts that don't mind the extra maintenance. You can only really go more expensive by upgrading to a 4-way setup (separate low and high speed rebound) or going with more exotic forms of suspension and establishing a racing development program with suspension manufacturer.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd love to see an Ohlins Road & Track kit for the Emira. Maybe they will release one. The TTX is beyond what most owners would strictly want in a street-driven coilover. Not because of the ride, but the maintenance.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One thing we can all agree on: all other things being equal, yellow is faster!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One thing we can all agree on: all other things being equal, yellow is faster!
I agree. It will be the fastest at catching the eye and attention of the police! Followed closely by Magma. ;)

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These look sweet. Debating if I want to try and track this or not so hopefully some other options come out to help lower the entry point :)

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
KW will for sure come up with 3-way adjustable coilovers. Their KW V3 Kit is usually slightly below the 3.000€ mark here in Germany where they are made. They are well renowned and it is an extremely capable kit as well.