Oh boy, the time is here, and I'm not ready yet!

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Nismith I just got a call from Naples today. Im torn between Seneca and Nimbus. The Seneca was stunning the first time I saw the Emira. But I know the color hype would die down years to come but the nimbus would be classy and timeless.

What color you configured?
Wow are you my twin? I was in the same boat Seneca and nimbus. Ultimately went with the nimbus. I like the bright colors in theory but I'm more of a low-key guy so I think it might get obnoxious over time. The nimbus looks amazing imo, but either way you can't got wrong.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Go for the V6 auto if you want to share with your wife. As you probably know, it is not a dual clutch so keep expectations real and you should be fine. V6 has a lot of character and downshift blips make amazing intake/exhaust noises every single time.
Thanks for the advice. I'm with you. I locked in this morning. V6 here I come.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Bren is this the actual color of the nimbus you saw at Hetel. Does it change it color like bronze in different lighting?

I only saw the car under factory lighting, which is all very uniform, so I can't speak much to how it changes. It did not strike me as overly bronze, just a warm silver. I think the previous image of Nimbus on the factory floor was pretty accurate to what I saw. It looks much more "liquid metal" in this outdoor pic, but I do believe it's the same color just coming to life in the sunlight. Magma did the same, it looked darker and less dynamic on the factory floor but came to life outside.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I got a call today out of the blue from my dealer, and he was letting me know it is time to put my order in, and I have until the end of next week to make it FINAL!!! :oops: I was originally thinking it was going to be in June, and I thought "oh yeah, definitely a Top Gear article, or some factory photos by then"...well now I have a week and that's it, the car I WANT to keep for the next 20+ years (maybe that's crazy?) and I have to decide on the color based on some leaked photos and screengrabs from the factory footage.

What a stupid thing, and I know I'm in the same boat everyone else has been in, some with MUCH less to go on, other than the configurator. I was originally Magma Red, and wavered to Nimbus, then Shadow Grey, and lately I've been kind of hot on the Dark Verdant. I felt stupid on the phone with the dealer, not having a definite set of choices, even though I've had all of this time to think about it and decide.

Right now I am locked in (temporarily) at:

Manual V6
Magma
Tan
Full BP
Black wheels
Black calipers
Touring
No Privacy Glass

I've decided against Shadow grey, Hethel Yellow, Seneca Blue, and I think Nimbus. So that leaves me with Magma or DV. I am thinking of DV with black or diamond cut wheels and full BP. Why BP on DV? Because it will make the green seem more green when next to the black. It's like my house; the windows look black to everyone, but when you put black next to them, they look brown, because they are literally called black-brown. So, I am not going to go with the currently locked in spec. If I do red, then no full BP. Not sure on caliper color for a red car...would yellow look like McDonald's colors? Would yellow calipers with a green car look like John Deere colors?

SOOOO excited about this (even though I will likely get the car in February when there's 2 feet of snow and I'll have to find a covered car carrier trailer to get it to my garage!!). I know everyone likes different colors, so asking for input of any kind of something personal like this is kind of pointless, but just feeling like I'm not ready, so hate to have to rush such a big choice. Feeling for the others who have done this months ago with no new photos.
Curious if any of you 'Base' people who are leaning Nimbus are also considering Osmium Silver as well? So difficult to try to assess with limited info

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
That’s what I thought there is no denying that blue looks awesome but I just thought somehow I might get sick of that colour it just didn’t seem me and also I definitely wanted red or tan leather and with the blue I don’t think these two are the best options. Nimbus is not a fad colour and will be timeless. Had a white car once and I literally kept it 4 weeks after coming to conclusion why did I buy white ? just cos it was in - it was murder to keep on top of ( all the black bits )so it went the journey replaced by silver lol
Wow are you my twin? I was in the same boat Seneca and nimbus. Ultimately went with the nimbus. I like the bright colors in theory but I'm more of a low-key guy so I think it might get obnoxious over time. The nimbus looks amazing imo, but either way you can't got wrong.
Did Naples say to you when will be the projected delivery of your order?

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
4 days left before I have to give the dealer my final spec! It's also a crazy-busy work week, so I will have not much time to think about it.

I'm down to DV and Magma, with my bias toward DV at the moment...would like tan leather, but not sure I like the version of tan used (orangey looking). Might do a deviated stitch alcantara to match the calipers, which would either be red or yellow.

I considered red interior, but that might be pushing it too much...

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
4 days left before I have to give the dealer my final spec! It's also a crazy-busy work week, so I will have not much time to think about it.

I'm down to DV and Magma, with my bias toward DV at the moment...would like tan leather, but not sure I like the version of tan used (orangey looking). Might do a deviated stitch alcantara to match the calipers, which would either be red or yellow.

I had the same feeling about the tan so went for black leather. Hope it’s not too dark

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I think red would be pushing it too much. My original spec had DV with a tan interior but that conflicts with using all warm or cool colors. DV is cool & tan is warm. They look good together but I drifted to DV and Grey which are two cool colors. That way the yellow will pop as the only warm color. I have no opinion on Magma because I simply have to see red colors in person. Red colors are tricky and there is no way I would pick a red without seeing it. Red has to be right IMO. It has to speak to me. There are a lot of different reds out there and I like some a lot better than others.

If I were called today, this would be my DV spec:

ZW4WnCH2

I would love to powder coat the supercharger yellow to match the calipers. I then went with the ICE Grey interior so the really only color on the car will be the Lotus logo, yellow calipers, and start/stop button cover in the interior. The shaky part of the spec is the calipers. I am not sure about the yellow calipers and my wheel selections below, therefore I may go with black calipers.

On that spec here are two winter wheel setups I am looking at. I really want something outlandish for my 2nd wheel setup to use with my stock gloss black wheels. I can drive the car year around but I would need all season tires. I like summer sticky tires so I want the Cups for a few months in the summer then it's off to the Goodyears.

Well, that's how I am approaching mine. I hope this helps you some way or gives you ideas. Clock is ticking.

klassenid-wheels-klassen-cs06s-brushed-radiant-gold-polished-copper-lip-2.jpg
Misano_wheel_3_piece_gold001.jpg

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think red would be pushing it too much. My original spec had DV with a tan interior but that conflicts with using all warm or cool colors. DV is cool & tan is warm. They look good together but I drifted to DV and Grey which are two cool colors. That way the yellow will pop as the only warm color. I have no opinion on Magma because I simply have to see red colors in person. Red colors are tricky and there is no way I would pick a red without seeing it. Red has to be right IMO. It has to speak to me. There are a lot of different reds out there and I like some a lot better than others.

ZW4WnCH2

I would love to powder coat the supercharger yellow to match the calipers. I then went with the ICE Grey interior so the really only color on the car will be the Lotus logo, yellow calipers, and start/stop button cover in the interior. The shaky part of the spec is the calipers. I am not sure about the yellow calipers and my wheel selections below, therefore I may go with black calipers.

On that spec here are two winter wheel setups I am looking at. I really want something outlandish for my 2nd wheel setup to use with my stock gloss black wheels. I can drive the car year around but I would need all season tires. I like summer sticky tires so I want the Cups for a few months in the summer then it's off to the Goodyears.

Well, that's how I am approaching mine. I hope this helps you some way or gives you ideas. Clock is ticking.

View attachment 5579View attachment 5580
Those are some sweet wheels! Can't wait to see them on someone's car.

Yes, clock is ticking...tick, tick, boom!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

ZW4WnCH2

Other discussion on wheels stated that very few wheels will fit the Emira because of (?) offset. I know next to nothing about wheels aftermarket replacement as I've always used the OEM wheels, but I'm not in love with any of the stock Emira wheels - are the above verified / sure to work? If so can't wait to see some pictures of aftermarket wheels on this car!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Other discussion on wheels stated that very few wheels will fit the Emira because of (?) offset. I know next to nothing about wheels aftermarket replacement as I've always used the OEM wheels, but I'm not in love with any of the stock Emira wheels - are the above verified / sure to work? If so can't wait to see some pictures of aftermarket wheels on this car!

These wheels would be custom made. I have ordered wheels from klassenid.com in the past. You can essentially design them however you want and they can make a wheel for any car.

EDIT: I mean you can choose a wheel from their collection and make it whatever color and finish you want.

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

ZW4WnCH2

Are these rims available in the Emira specification?