Now that reviews are out is anyone having 2nd thoughts about Emira ?

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Definitely some second guessing. I want the Emira to feel special to drive every time I get in. I want a sense of occasion.

The reviews of the Evora seem to align with what I'm looking for and I wanted someone to say if that's still true or not of the Emira. Well, the Evo review specifically stated that it's a different animal than the Evora, and on top of that, all other reviews seemed very muted.

I guess I'll keep my deposit and just wait until I can test drive it before I decide to buy. In the meantime, I'll seriously be considering other options. I was afraid the looks and refinement would be Lotus's priority with Emira, and that seems to be the case. :(

cloud9blue

Reaction score
i would take any sort of these "auto journalists" words with a grain of salt. the exception to that are harry metcalfe and henry catchpole.

anyway, drive the car for yourself to decide. i signed up for the lotus driving event at hethel and will make a final decision then. but so far i see this is still the perfect car for me -- an analogue no-BS sports car for the road and driving experience, not a digital laptime chaser like so many other sports car out there these days.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1654643746483.jpeg

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Ok,..... but the FAT AMERICAN lady did give the Corvette a 5 star review atleast......unlike your Brit reviewers....dumping on your own national legacy brand...WTF !! ( and ......WTF means ....Weds, Thurs, Fri)

She even said the seats were roomy and comfy

Last edited:

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No, it's not about 2nd thoughts AFTER the reviews but me wanting to test drive before committing. I've tried the GTS extensively now I just need to drive the Emira. Once I got over needing to be one of the first in town to hv it, its just practical sense before plonking $$ down.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In honesty I am a bit. I thought it would be overwhelming praise but it felt a bit more muted. I am struggling to justify selling my Alpine plus adding £30k. Whilst the Emira clearly is more beautiful I think the Alpine May suit me better, lightweight etc
NGL, if I had access to an Alpine A110, that's a no-brainer to me.

It's because Alpine isn't sold here that I am going with an Emira.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
NGL, if I had access to an Alpine A110, that's a no-brainer to me.

It's because Alpine isn't sold here that I am going with an Emira.
Hmm I personally think the Alpine is hideous. No offense. I mean looks have to play a part in the decision.(looks are subjective of course) If a turd was the fastest thing on the road I still would not drive it.🤭

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Definitely some second guessing. I want the Emira to feel special to drive every time I get in. I want a sense of occasion.

The reviews of the Evora seem to align with what I'm looking for and I wanted someone to say if that's still true or not of the Emira. Well, the Evo review specifically stated that it's a different animal than the Evora, and on top of that, all other reviews seemed very muted.

I guess I'll keep my deposit and just wait until I can test drive it before I decide to buy. In the meantime, I'll seriously be considering other options. I was afraid the looks and refinement would be Lotus's priority with Emira, and that seems to be the case. :(
OK, maybe the car won't be the raw special occasion machine I'm hoping for and maybe there's been some initial overreaction, but god damn does it punch above it's weight class in the looks department:

1654649507050.png

True supercar looks for sports car money.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
OK, maybe the car won't be the raw special occasion machine I'm hoping for and maybe there's been some initial overreaction, but god damn does it punch above it's weight class in the looks department:

View attachment 6313

It looks so much better than the P in the EVO review! Not even close in my eyes. Definitely keeping my order.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 6313

Most of the reviews I read said it WAS a raw special occasion machine, just not as good as the Porsche across every category.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This about sums it up, give up your slots and move on and let others have what will be a classic going forward. Fed up listening to constant winging w*******

yep, but when I pull up at my local and a GT4 is in the car park, what's going to get more attention, a porka or something unique. Bear in mind most of you lot are 1. rich, 2. old, 3. will never track it, 4. will only drive it when the weather is fine, and in all honesty when its parked next to a beautiful full on Evora will look more gazelle like. Hoping Il, get moved up to July from August as nobs drop out
👍👍 I am # 2 track my cars when I can. Drive then in rain. My favorite car is 2015 Cayman GTS when I drive it. My other favorite car is my Evora GT when I drive it.
I don’t try make comparisons.
My next favorite will be the Emira FE (when I get it hopefully by November or December)
Nor will I compare it to the other 2
Will just just enjoy the one I chose to drive that day

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Matt Watson’s 5.3 second 0-60 is very concerning. I know everyone will find a reason to say it isn’t real or it doesn’t matter but… 4.3 was already slow, 5.3 in a car that looks like that is downright embarassing. I sure hope more data on this will be forthcoming and improved

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not having second thoughts at all. I do wish it had gotten better reviews, sure, but beating the Cayman GTS 4.0 is not important to me, so the fact that it didn't is not a big deal. From my own experience, I had one car that got lukewarm press coverage and one car that got rave reviews; I adored the former and was merely satisfied with the latter. The press is going to generally be a bit more conservative and pragmatic in their assessments. Regardless of how well the Porsche Cayman GTS drives, it will be roughly in the same ballpark as the Emira day-to-day. Not in the same ballpark are the looks and exclusivity, at least for the next 3-4 years. The Cayman is boring to look at and simply too common - this is a deal-breaker to me and why I have never ever been interested in buying one. I do wonder what Clarkson would say about the Emira. He loved the Evora but that was a while back.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmm I personally think the Alpine is hideous. No offense. I mean looks have to play a part in the decision.(looks are subjective of course) If a turd was the fastest thing on the road I still would not drive it.🤭
Haha I like the A110's retro looks. That said, I am still excited about the Emira and am hoping the 2 year wait for mine can be slightly reduced. 😁

I just watched Matt Watson's review and it got me feeling like a kid in a candy shop.

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts about the review most specially the EVO review. Why compare the Emira to a GT4 Cayman? That is quite silly for Mr. Jethro to compare it with the Emira. Why not compare it with the big brother Emira GT4?
Surely the Emira looks significantly better and performs better than the Porsche Cayman GTS which is a fair comparison.
I remembered I stop watching Top Gear when mr. Jethro replaced Jason Cammisa.
Suddenly Top Gear USA got boring to watch thanks to Mr. Jethro.
I buying my Emira as a weekend fun car and not a weekend track car.
Im definitely forever frustrated with you Mr. Jethro your far less exciting than Jason Cammisa.

Shadoken

Reaction score
Matt Watson’s 5.3 second 0-60 is very concerning. I know everyone will find a reason to say it isn’t real or it doesn’t matter but… 4.3 was already slow, 5.3 in a car that looks like that is downright embarassing. I sure hope more data on this will be forthcoming and improved

That 0-60 time does seem odd given the power and weight. Even on a manual , unless it has extremely tall gear ratio.
A BRZ has a 0-60 thats a little over that and it has almost half the power , granted its 100kg lighter.

AR2

Reaction score
Honestly, I’m still in love with the car, and can’t wait to get mine. My only regret was not getting a manual, since I see so much praise on it. But I’ve never really driven a manual and didn’t want to risk learning on such an expensive car, but the manuals look very fun, wish I knew how to drive one well.