Not long to wait…… Autocar drive review on March 9

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This weeks Autocar has its ‘next week’ ad saying that the emira first drive will be in the magazine… so I am guessing they are first, before Top Gear, unless it’s on this weekend.. and I think we would know.

timbo999

Reaction score
Interestingly, the April edition of Top Gear magazine is also issued on 9 March... so we might have two reviews to read.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m hoping they have a YouTube review out too. I mentioned this earlier, whilst TopGear, Autocar, Evo and the other large channels have their halo reviews I most look forward to

carwow (as annoying as he can be) for real-world 0-60 times and general liveability

Harry’s garage for driving and general road feel

Autogefühl for minute details on infotainment, internet and exterior.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
274717024_10160017323944359_190360277572046361_n.jpg

Zardoz

Reaction score
Curious if they will be driving a production model (real seats) or another test mule.

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would guess its a drop in photo - seen it before I am sure

JumboJet

Reaction score
This weeks Autocar has its ‘next week’ ad saying that the emira first drive will be in the magazine… so I am guessing they are first, before Top Gear, unless it’s on this weekend.. and I think we would know.
I guess you have seen today‘s Autocar mag with the article about Matt? He stands in front of an Emira with a sticker on the door “Meridian Blue” which was one of the non FE colours discovered by one of our friends hidden in the new configurator, great detective work.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I guess you have seen today‘s Autocar mag with the article about Matt? He stands in front of an Emira with a sticker on the door “Meridian Blue” which was one of the non FE colours discovered by one of our friends hidden in the new configurator, great detective work.
Link?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Gentlemen I'm here to set your minds at ease.
Personally, I don't really care what the critics think, some are bought and paid for.
Harry is the one gent I will pay attention to because he covers real world important things like ride quality, not how far he can drive the car sideways.
Chris Harris is a bit of a twit, bit if a show off, and really prefers the cars that he can drift, drive sideways most easily.
That's why he generally prefers rear wheel drive cars, like BMW M cars, as they are easy to drift.
If the Evora was well received by not only the critics but the general public (customers), which it was, there is no way Lotus is going to make an inferior car, especially when it's their very last ice powered car.
Their whole reputation is resting on the Emira.
They will take as much time as they need to get it right the first time.
So no worries mates, it will be an amazing sports car, even if it's a little underpowered.
If a 3 cylinder GR Yaris can have over 500hp tuned of course, there should be no reason why the Emira gets less hp than the Evora.
Porsche would never come out with a new model car with less hp than the previous model year.
Can you imagine some nerd named Poindexter pulls up beside you in your Emira, he in his sleeper tuned Yaris and destroys you in a drag race, how embarrassing.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Common theme not displaying any colours you can initially buy as an FE :)

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Gentlemen I'm here to set your minds at ease.
Personally, I don't really care what the critics think, some are bought and paid for.
Harry is the one gent I will pay attention to because he covers real world important things like ride quality, not how far he can drive the car sideways.
Chris Harris is a bit of a twit, bit if a show off, and really prefers the cars that he can drift, drive sideways most easily.
That's why he generally prefers rear wheel drive cars, like BMW M cars, as they are easy to drift.
If the Evora was well received by not only the critics but the general public (customers), which it was, there is no way Lotus is going to make an inferior car, especially when it's their very last ice powered car.
Their whole reputation is resting on the Emira.
They will take as much time as they need to get it right the first time.
So no worries mates, it will be an amazing sports car, even if it's a little underpowered.
If a 3 cylinder GR Yaris can have over 500hp tuned of course, there should be no reason why the Emira gets less hp than the Evora.
Porsche would never come out with a new model car with less hp than the previous model year.
Can you imagine some nerd named Poindexter pulls up beside you in your Emira, he in his sleeper tuned Yaris and destroys you in a drag race, how embarrassing.
Wasn't the Evora more expensive than the Emira though?