Carbon expected when?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Since I’ve been apparently been passed by FE (still no word from my dealer) I’m now consider waiting a bit.

One of the things I liked a lot when I was looking at the Evora GT was the carbon roof 😍 and bits

Is there any expectation of this being an option on Emira? Based on Evora history was it a few years in? Does it coincide with engine power bump / “GT” model?

Pure speculation I’m aware.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Probably power upgrade 430 ish and wieght reduction through carbon bits plus 10k price increase, when is more tricky with the amount of cars they need to build now.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It'll happen.. I can see the V6 Emira GT with 430HP and some carbon bits for ~$120k in 2024 or so.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If the V6 output is limited to 400bhp because of emissions restrictions (as suggested by some more knowledgable in these matters than I) then it's unlikely we'll see any V6 power bumps. Performance upgrades might be limited to the I4 versions which have a lot of headroom built in.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thoughts on Will carbon parts for the interior be available as aftermarket to us impatient fools that have a first edition coming?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A lot of the aftermarket folks are gearing up to do Emira stuff. Performance, styling, interior etc. Some will be waiting to get their hands on an early car so they can finalise - I know of 6 companies with June/July deliveries and there are bound to be more.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Since I’ve been apparently been passed by FE (still no word from my dealer) I’m now consider waiting a bit.

One of the things I liked a lot when I was looking at the Evora GT was the carbon roof 😍 and bits

Is there any expectation of this being an option on Emira? Based on Evora history was it a few years in? Does it coincide with engine power bump / “GT” model?

Pure speculation I’m aware.

When I went to the Emira reveal I met another guy who said he has a carbon fiber maker. He is planning on getting a lot of the Emira parts re-done in carbon. What exact parts, I am not sure. I think it comes from California. When I get the info I will pass it along.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
When I went to the Emira reveal I met another guy who said he has a carbon fiber maker. He is planning on getting a lot of the Emira parts re-done in carbon. What exact parts, I am not sure. I think it comes from California. When I get the info I will pass it along.

I'm already talking to a carbon connect and planning to do some r&d for c/f engine bay shrouds and some other bits. I'll be sure to create a post with progress.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
When the Alfa Romeo Giulia came out, it wasn't long before carbon parts began to show up in China. Considering Geely's involvement with Lotus, I would expect carbon parts to happen sooner rather than later. Front and rear hatch lids would be first I would think, but paint matching the FE colors is probably going to be pricey. The main area to reduce weight is going to be the 12-way seats. Those will likely be the easiest way to reduce the most weight quickly. Probably not cheap either, but that's modding.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When the Alfa Romeo Giulia came out, it wasn't long before carbon parts began to show up in China. Considering Geely's involvement with Lotus, I would expect carbon parts to happen sooner rather than later. Front and rear hatch lids would be first I would think, but paint matching the FE colors is probably going to be pricey. The main area to reduce weight is going to be the 12-way seats. Those will likely be the easiest way to reduce the most weight quickly. Probably not cheap either, but that's modding.
Steve Tillett is going to be working on some race seats and has an Emira on order for personal use:

twinturbo11

Reaction score
A lot of the aftermarket folks are gearing up to do Emira stuff. Performance, styling, interior etc. Some will be waiting to get their hands on an early car so they can finalise - I know of 6 companies with June/July deliveries and there are bound to be more.
would love to learn more about these companies (y)