OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
2486 Porsche 981 Spyders 🌎 just for comparison
Yes but I think you really need to lump 718 spyders, along with 981. The 718's were actually developed by GT division. Now in the UK due to RHD they may certainly be more rare than Lotus on it's home turf. For Europe and ROW LHD Emira's will be far rarer than the Porsche 718/981. Porsche made over 5K 718's (most GTS, Spyder, GT4) in 2021 just for the US and Canada. It is impossible that lotus will be delivering 5K Emira a year just to North America. My guess for LHD Emira in Europe and ROW will be about half the amount of 718 GT4/Spyder.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So they will produce more emira cars in two years than the evora over ten years ; and you reckon it will be a keeper how !
Evora and Emira may not be very different when it comes to technical's, but a world of difference in finish, quality and tech.

Evora = more for the enthusiast
Emira = more for the masses

99% of people if given the option of owning an Evora or Emira for the same price will choose Emira.

The question is if a GTS Cayman was parked beside an Emira for the same price which would they take?

I would say right now it's 50/50 split. End of the day Porsche has a proven product and many people will gravitate to that, especially when it's their hard earned money. But that Emira sure does look better and I certainly chose it over the Porsche.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes but I think you really need to lump 718 spyders, along with 981. The 718's were actually developed by GT division. Now in the UK due to RHD they may certainly be more rare than Lotus on it's home turf. For Europe and ROW LHD Emira's will be far rarer than the Porsche 718/981. Porsche made over 5K 718's (most GTS, Spyder, GT4) in 2021 just for the US and Canada. It is impossible that lotus will be delivering 5K Emira a year just to North America. My guess for LHD Emira in Europe and ROW will be about half the amount of 718 GT4/Spyder.
I was just comparing like for like numbers for cars that suffer little from depreciation really.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Evora and Emira may not be very different when it comes to technical's, but a world of difference in finish, quality and tech.

99% of people if given the option of owning an Evora or Emira for the same price will choose Emira.

The question is if a GTS Cayman was parked beside an Emira for the same price which would they take?

I would say right now it's 50/50 split. End of the day Porsche has a proven product and many people will gravitate to that, especially when it's their hard earned money. But that Emira sure does look better and I certainly chose it over the Porsche.
Evora + Emira

Does this make me:

1. A mass enthusiast?
2. A massive enthusiast?
3. An enthusiast in the mass?
4. All of the above
5. None of the above including number 4

Guess it is easier to play with the configurator, fix the wheel gap, duct tape the bonnet, and chip in new rims and an Auto transmission.
And take picture of a DV in the wild!

#ForTheMassEnthusiast
🤣

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Everyone one the form ( +90%) have choosen the Emira! Hello. Maybe for the large percentage it’s a 3 or 4 car and some already own a Porsche. I have a 981 Boxster GTS adding the Emira not even remotely interested in the 718 4.0
Go figure…..
Exotic looks and driving experience.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Only a guess too:

2022 - V6 1,500 - i4 0 (sadly I think the first i4s will be delayed to Jan 2023)
2023 - V6 4,000 - i4 3,000
2024 - V6 3,000 - i4 4,000
2025 - V6 500 - i4 5,500 (V6 final edition, Type 135 launch and 1,000 cars built)
2026 - V6 0 - i4 4,000 - T135 3,000

But they might overcome the 7,000 per year bottleneck by 2024 and they could ramp up a third shift to cover type 135 rather than reduce i4 volumes.
I don’t think anyone has an i4 delivery date before April already. Interesting to know if anyone has an earlier date.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t think anyone has an i4 delivery date before April already. Interesting to know if anyone has an earlier date.
Bear in mind my guesstimate was in June and there have been 3 lots of delays since then.

The earliest UK i4 delivery is currently forecast to be July: