• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Jubu Aero (diffuser fins, splitter, swan neck wing)

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
have you guys seen these? Really liking the splitter and diffuser fins. Wonder if the wing is chassis mounted or just attached to the hatch. They have a picture of someone standing on it.

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like they were able to make a non-destructive and reinforced mount for the wing, what a win!

1689611832423.png

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm liking this much more than their first Emira wing! $5k is still a ton of cash though. 😬
Closer to $4K usd with 20% VAT removed, but I'm guessing import duties and shipping will put it closer to $5K.

To also put it into perspective a solution that requires drilling holes with generic brackets like a voltex swan neck is $3K and most swan neck solutions for a 911 that bolt in are closer to $7K.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not usually a wing guy but I like all three of these new parts. I will probably be ordering all of them once I actually get a car. Nice work!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I like all three parts too. Hopefully they will be able to give a rendering of what the car would look like in your individual spec. I assume you would have different color options so it would be nice to see each option. 5k is steep though.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I like them all but I don't know if I could ever justify $5K for just a wing. It feels wrong in my soul. Also, how is the diffuser less than 1/4th the cost of the splitter? It seems like from a materials perspective they'd be relatively close albeit the splitter is more intricate to fabricate than the splitter. These prices seem...odd.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The splitter is quite large. The "diffuser" is really just extended fins.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 3.12.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 3.12.06 PM.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 129

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mounts for the wing are not chassis based I believe. They mount to the underside of the hatch probably -- Jubu mentioned how no hatch practicality was sacrificed.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
it sure is hard to visualize how it would look with that hideous camouflage. thats the the point i guess

im certainly going to keep my eye out on all the carbon fiber bits. I like adding them to my cars. im more of a trunk lip guy than a wing guy but I wonder how that would look when the Emira already has a natural trunk lip curve

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
it sure is hard to visualize how it would look with that hideous camouflage. thats the the point i guess

im certainly going to keep my eye out on all the carbon fiber bits. I like adding them to my cars. im more of a trunk lip guy than a wing guy but I wonder how that would look when the Emira already has a natural trunk lip curve
I do believe it’s going to be hard to incorporate a lip spoiler to the emira without ruining the design but that’s also the one I’d want haha

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I do believe it’s going to be hard to incorporate a lip spoiler to the emira without ruining the design but that’s also the one I’d want hah

the only lip spoiler example iv seen is this. its AI/CGI of course so kinda useless, but maybe it could work, tho id want a smaller one

lotus-emira-with-velocity-aero-widebody-kit-aims-for-supercharged-v6-lifestyle_3.jpg

lotus-emira-with-velocity-aero-widebody-kit-aims-for-supercharged-v6-lifestyle_2.jpg