• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New car is here, well worth the wait.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
That looks shockingly bad, looks like someone has cut the numbers with a dremmel
Initially I thought it was a design effect.....
I would be covering that with gaffer tape once I remember how to count to 1 2 3 4 5 ... or maybe a little wrapping on top. Im not a fan of the gear lever actually. Had it in the Elise and its not bad, but I'd prefer wood or maybe even more alcantara. I may just put a condom on top of it, no other use for them ......

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mark, I found this image, Now take the car back and demand a real production knob, with the hurry to get these cars out, unfortunately you Guiana pigs are going to pay a hefty price...
Mark, I found this image, Now take the car back and demand a real production knob, with the hurry to get these cars out, unfortunately you Guiana pigs are going to pay a hefty price...

View attachment 10699
Can anyone confirm from their test drive whether this is what it should look like?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm from their test drive whether this is what it should look like?
20221104_141844.jpg

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. That looks a lot smoother and deeper engraved than mine.

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. That looks a lot smoother and deeper engraved than mine.
All the knobs are the same,they must have had thousands made,the demo I drove was the same and my 2021 Elise is the same,although after 6000ks seems to be smoother(and no blisters)
My Emira is due to land next week in NZ and I bet 100% it will still be rough edges.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1500 miles in and the slight roughness seems to have polished itself off.