New car is here, well worth the wait.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love it. The car gets soooo much attention out and about. I’ve just picked up my daughter from school and the kids were all pointing at it. Regards the drive, it’s full of character, there is loads of feedback through the steering wheel. Makes an nice noise. Overall I’m absolutely thrilled with it.

Clutch is hard work in traffic. I haven’t mastered shutting the boot yet! The machining on the gear knob must have been done at the same factory that made my fake Rolex!

Driving is more of an ‘event’ than my previous cars.
Haven’t driven it hard as still running in.

Attachments

• 802FE78F-8F21-4E2B-B394-94BACB5176A8.jpeg
    802FE78F-8F21-4E2B-B394-94BACB5176A8.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_7062.MOV
    23.6 MB

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I love it. The car gets soooo much attention out and about. I’ve just picked up my daughter from school and the kids were all pointing at it. Regards the drive, it’s full of character, there is loads of feedback through the steering wheel. Makes an nice noise. Overall I’m absolutely thrilled with it.

Clutch is hard work in traffic. I haven’t mastered shutting the boot yet! The machining on the gear knob must have been done at the same factory that made my fake Rolex!

Hope you gave the kids some burble and popping as you drove away..

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Hahaha, love that video clip! the really funny part is there are people out there who would fall for it..:)

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
people will ask if its a Ferrari even with the Lotus badge on it :LOL: specially if its red

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Congrats, great color choice. According to my sources on here, that's the pre production knob, the real one is coming in the mail from Porsche, have you ever owned a Lotus before? :)

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congrats, great color choice. According to my sources on here, that's the pre production knob, the real one is coming in the mail from Porsche, have you ever owned a Lotus before? :)
No. I haven’t had a lotus, but we had a vx220 bk in the day!
Had a 991.2 turbo 🤣

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Haha, that's great! Now take those stickers off ASAP. :ROFLMAO:

I'm already looking into some suppliers for custom stitched leather shift knobs and boots to replace the factory parts.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

You need to fill that knob with some paint.
Here’s one I made earlier:

4465B151-6EE6-4BD7-AAB3-CB254FD511C6.jpeg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seriously though, I think Shmee raised this as an issue on his test drive. He mentioned about having an imprint on his hand from the gear knob.
An issue with RHD cars?
:)

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

It's great to see customers finally getting their cars delivered and seeing their excitement. Can't wait for more input from new owners. Congratulations on acquiring such a spectacular vehicle and have an absolute blast!! Every drive is going to be an occasion.