New car is here, well worth the wait.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Leonard excellent I’m going to call you on your bs - I can’t see you as a serial knitter lol I wud love either the red one or the multi or the blue ( last two on RHS on bottom row hahahaha
Let me have a word with the barmaid. She sorted my pumpkins out

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lol yes that will stop my ickle mit getting cold 🥶 on the cold knob, only One problem I don’t know how to knit 🧶 I’m not very talented in any way shape or form lol 😝
You don’t need to knit them yourself! Loads of choice here:

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still waiting on that facepalm reaction emoji...
Now available...
Facepalm-Emoji.png

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Seriously though, I think Shmee raised this as an issue on his test drive. He mentioned about having an imprint on his hand from the gear knob.
wait wait wait wait...
did i fall asleep?
I thought he never ever released his video of test driving the car????
Cant believe I missed it.... are you sure? am I that slow.... driving maybe, but the rest, I thought not...
I am with Leonard, this has to come down to attention to details, interest in your work be that sourcing or QC. Its just a sign of what may lie beneath...ie other larger issues we may find later.
Having said that, 911's and yes even 991's have gear knobs which come off..... ask Harris....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
wait wait wait wait...
did i fall asleep?
I thought he never ever released his video of test driving the car????
Cant believe I missed it.... are you sure? am I that slow.... driving maybe, but the rest, I thought not...
I am with Leonard, this has to come down to attention to details, interest in your work be that sourcing or QC. Its just a sign of what may lie beneath...ie other larger issues we may find later.
Having said that, 911's and yes even 991's have gear knobs which come off..... ask Harris....

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Thanks mr L.

ok so maybe i saw it before (I haven't) and turned it off after he said "for the drivers" more than once.. and used the word cacophony, which I dont think I have ever brought into a sentence in my life, but then again I am tone deaf so makes sense.

Realise this is the wrong place but just a few comments.
1. This car is easilly changing from 2nd-3rd at 110 km/h .. on the video he changes once at about 95 and its not even close to the top end.
2. I didnt bother watching to the end, he's not in the same league as Harry or Jeremy or May or many other youtubers for me. I think the camera / sun light angles are very poor for a guy that makes a VERY good living from doing this. wait until the sun is behind you before recording...or at least off to a degree at the side.... You know where you live, where the sun rises, etc etc... If I could figure it out, I am sure a millionaire youtbuber can.
3. He didn't give a crap about the car, as why would you spend 80% of the video time driving behind a truck or a car. Get the hell out of bed at 6am and drive where there very few if any vehicles ruining your drive and hence video....what a xxat. Sorry for you fans..but once again, what a plxxker... (plonker was the word in case you were wondering).

Grumpy

Reaction score
I’ve requested that they post me out a replacement gear knob as it’s quite a trek to my nearest dealer. I’m going to wait until there is a recognised fix for a couple of very minor gripes before I take it in, otherwise I think I will be back and forth.
It’s a standard Lotus knob. ALl elises and Exige have these and they feel unfinished when new. It’s one area they have clearly just carried over, not looked at and thought that one extra process and it would feel better.