• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Alfa coming Aug 30

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This could be big. A new Alfa sports car that slots in above the 4C, but more attainable than the 8C.

Thoughts?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This could be big. A new Alfa sports car that slots in above the 4C, but more attainable than the 8C.

Thoughts?

the rumor is that it may carry the "6C" moniker. Assuming that rumor proves true and Alfa sticks to its historical naming convention 4C: four-cylinder engine, 8C: V-8, that can only mean the new car will be powered by some version of the glorious 2.9-liter V-6 housed in current Alfa Quadrifoglio models. That engine already makes 505 horsepower in the QF, but Alfa also made a limited-run 540-hp version known as the GTA.

I'm excited.

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Alfa were going to replace the 4c with a 6c, but then the MC20 came out with carbon tub and V6.
My guess would be a new body on that with a bigger price tag

OP
Porter

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Alfa were going to replace the 4c with a 6c, but then the MC20 came out with carbon tub and V6.
My guess would be a new body on that with a bigger price tag
Why a bigger price tag? It's an Alfa, which are mass market cars, so it should be less than the equivalent Maserati. The 8C was expensive but was a special case.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Didn't hear about this but I am excited. However I read "Halo" in the article. Doesn't Halo = $$$? Even though I can't afford one, I am disappointed the GTAm didn't make it to the US. I hope at least this car, if they build it, makes it to the US.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would guess no manual transmission so it would not work for me. Excited to see the design though. 🤘

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why a bigger price tag? It's an Alfa, which are mass market cars, so it should be less than the equivalent Maserati. The 8C was expensive but was a special case.
The answer to 'why a bigger price tag' can be found in use of the word Supercar in the headline.

Last edited: