Alfa moves to 5 year warranty. Lotus to follow?

Good point as both Toyota, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo offer 5 years. That said, my Exige V6 has been super reliable with 85000kms travelled.
With the effort Lotus have put into the new factory it would indeed demonstrate they have progressed to a top notch producer of quality cars to offer 5 years.

Many vehicle manufacturers that offer warranties beyond 3 years undertake third party wholesale insurance plans behind the scenes that pay for any warranty claims beyond the 3 year factory period. BMW claim they will not extend their warranty beyond 3 years as they would need to pass on these costs to the customer, and in their market research customers did not want to pay any more.

I don't really mind if Lotus stay at 3 year factory warranty by default, but a factory extended warranty option would certainly be nice for piece of mind.

I know it’s a completely different marque, but I was looking at a Ferrari & they include 7 years servicing as standard - can be carried between owners too.

I know it’s a completely different marque, but I was looking at a Ferrari & they include 7 years servicing as standard - can be carried between owners too.
That‘s great and I like the idea, however this just means that you pay the first 7 years of service in advance.

That‘s great and I like the idea, however this just means that you pay the first 7 years of service in advance.
True in a way, but must be worth £20k over that period…. Main bonus is its transferable so if you buy a 1 year old car you’ve still got 6 years left & a lot of comfort around it being looked after

New Car Warranties are very specific to their market. In the USA, BMW provides a 4 Year - 50K Mile "Bumper to Bumper" warranty. So does Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Volvo(Geely) & VW. I was hoping that Lotus would follow and offer the same 4 year - 50K mile warranty in the USA, yet it appears that this will not happen. It's not the Drive-Train that I would like covered longer than 3 years, it's the Electronics and Software issues. Yet an extra year and 14K mile coverage on the Engine/Tranny and general car would be nice.