My trip to Hethel

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Rant is understandable... we're all in the same boat...

Sucks to spend $100k on a car and not even know if I've picked the right color. Especially given that the review of the Seneca here is so unfavorable. Have to remind myself that it's just one person's opinion. I mean, he liked the Shadow Gray... and I saw that in person; it was drab.

I'm sure we all made the right decisions for us. We better have!
I nearly went for Seneca after seeing it in the flesh! Lotus chose this colour for the launch car - that should tell you all you need to know...

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure all colors will be great. Had a long moment of hesitation between magma and senecca, but ended up ordering senecca as well.

BigMoose

Reaction score
Rant is understandable... we're all in the same boat...

Sucks to spend $100k on a car and not even know if I've picked the right color. Especially given that the review of the Seneca here is so unfavorable. Have to remind myself that it's just one person's opinion. I mean, he liked the Shadow Gray... and I saw that in person; it was drab.

I'm sure we all made the right decisions for us. We better have!

Lotus employee here! The Seneca cars really seem to come alive once they've gone through finals. Judged when the car is coming down the assembly line the colour looks a bit flat, but the transformation after going through finals is surprising and once fully finished the Seneca is stunning. That could explain the OP finding it disappointing.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus employee here! The Seneca cars really seem to come alive once they've gone through finals. Judged when the car is coming down the assembly line the colour looks a bit flat, but the transformation after going through finals is surprising and once fully finished the Seneca is stunning. That could explain the OP finding it disappointing.
Thanks for posting. What happens in finals? Is that a polish and fettle?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks for posting!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You are gonna regret telling everyone you are an employee 🤣

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
men, i have so many questions that i don´t know where to start,

those are my questions right now

sddefault.jpg

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Thanks for the response... I ordered Seneca w/black pack, diamond wheels, yellow calipers and ice grey leather interior. I'm beyond excited and can't wait to receive it ;)

What does "finals" mean? Is that an industry term or UK jargon? Thanks!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Cheers for yet more tidbits of info. The final piece of the puzzle I'm waiting for is how the i4 is going to sound.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response... I ordered Seneca w/black pack, diamond wheels, yellow calipers and ice grey leather interior. I'm beyond excited and can't wait to receive it ;)

I have same spec

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

How cool will Seneca look in the Florida sunshine.:love:

Dunfixin

Reaction score
Having seen all the colours in the flesh my thoughts were:
Verdant - darker than I expected but comes alive in the light. Very nice.
Magma - outstanding colour. Lots more depth to it than I had assumed from configurator
Nimbus - quite classy and really shows the styling lines well. Makes the car look expensive.
Hethel - looks fantastic in the flesh. Very in your face. Very Lotus. Hides the lines and curves a bit though.
Shadow grey - very smart looking. Subtle but expensive. When the light hits it the styling lines and curves they really show.
Seneca - more depth to it than I imagined. A subtle fleck I hadn't spotted but definitely pops more in the daylight.
I have a Seneca with black pack and silver wheels on order but would likely go Shadow Grey, lower black pack and silver wheels if I was starting again.....but my other cars are all dark so wanted something more vibrant. To be fair the Magma looks amazing but I'm trying to avoid the mid-life crisis tag from my wife. 😉

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Having seen all the colours in the flesh my thoughts were:
Verdant - darker than I expected but comes alive in the light. Very nice.
Magma - outstanding colour. Lots more depth to it than I had assumed from configurator
Nimbus - quite classy and really shows the styling lines well. Makes the car look expensive.
Hethel - looks fantastic in the flesh. Very in your face. Very Lotus. Hides the lines and curves a bit though.
Shadow grey - very smart looking. Subtle but expensive. When the light hits it the styling lines and curves they really show.
Seneca - more depth to it than I imagined. A subtle fleck I hadn't spotted but definitely pops more in the daylight.
I have a Seneca with black pack and silver wheels on order but would likely go Shadow Grey, lower black pack and silver wheels if I was starting again.....but my other cars are all dark so wanted something more vibrant. To be fair the Magma looks amazing but I'm trying to avoid the mid-life crisis tag from my wife. 😉
Ok, how did you see the colors? How many people have had secret tours? 😮 And you actually saw verdant?!