My trip to Hethel

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If they are thinking, 'The car speaks for itself,' then who is speaking for the car?
The upcoming reviews had better be sterling.
Endorsement is one thing, customer engagement is another.
We are left wanting....
Well said, (y)
Having experienced new offerings from Porsche, and a few other manufacturers, Lotus does surprise me. Yes, there have been some positive 'first drive' reviews, using pre-production cars. As such, it only takes little extra effort to provide deposit holders up to date information.

It's the Tesla way, which sucks!! No comms department at all (think: nobody to call or email with everyone's questions) and they basically say "you'll get something when we decide you deserve it, and you had better feel lucky, too." They can treat everyone like trash because they save money and still sell in record numbers. No real competition and demand has greatly outpaced supply.
...in that case let's hope Lotus change their approach, and sooner rather than later. If not, they may set themselves up for, dare I say it, failure. IMO, the demographic who purchases a Tesla is very different to that who are looking to acquire a Lotus, especially an Emira.

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can any of you who have seen Magma Red in person compare it to this late-2000s era Aston Martin color called Toro Red?

Additional pics here for reference: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/84127134

2008-aston-martin-v8-vantage-roadster-2dr-convertible.jpg

andyss

Reaction score
Last edited:

DenzilP

Reaction score

Attachments

• magma.jpg
    magma.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 82

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can any of you who have seen Magma Red in person compare it to this late-2000s era Aston Martin color called Toro Red?

Additional pics here for reference: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/84127134

View attachment 4775

Yep, as the others say our Magma is more watermelon than burnt orange. I’ve seen a brightly-lit image of the production line cars and it’s not a warm colour, more pinky red.

And, of course, all this ridiculous descriptive text would be solved by a couple of professional shots by Lotus…

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone asked or confirmed if the First Editions will feature any sort of special build plaque inside? We know the automatic has a little FE badge in front of the shifter, but the manual transmission roadshow car didn't seem to have anything like that. I think it'd be nice to have a build number plaque somewhere on the interior to show it's a "special" first edition.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
These are the two magma cars I saw on my trip, photo taken from another thread (not mine)
These factory pictures of magma just do not look like the configurator to me😵‍💫 it is so confusing.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone asked or confirmed if the First Editions will feature any sort of special build plaque inside? We know the automatic has a little FE badge in front of the shifter, but the manual transmission roadshow car didn't seem to have anything like that. I think it'd be nice to have a build number plaque somewhere on the interior to show it's a "special" first edition.
I asked. No numbered build plaque and no repeat of the "Handbuilt in England" plaques used on previous cars. You just get the First Edition badges externally.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked. No numbered build plaque and no repeat of the "Handbuilt in England" plaques used on previous cars. You just get the First Edition badges externally.

Why not? That's extremely disappointing. It'd something so simple that would make a big impact for us early enthusiast buyers. It keeps sounding more and more like a watered down Evora GT but in a pretty body for the masses. I really hope quality is improved and these first batches aren't loaded with issues. I'm sure the powertrain will be fine, but the new body and interior has me worried. Lack of comms isn't helping at all either... who's going to listen to us when we start having problems?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why not? That's extremely disappointing. It'd something so simple that would make a big impact for us early enthusiast buyers. It keeps sounding more and more like a watered down Evora GT but in a pretty body for the masses. I really hope quality is improved and these first batches aren't loaded with issues. I'm sure the powertrain will be fine, but the new body and interior has me worried. Lack of comms isn't helping at all either... who's going to listen to us when we start having problems?
Who’s going to listen to us
Something so simple

You must be new here 😉