Mist White Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Something else I noticed when looking at this one picture; the seats look much deeper than we've seen previously. Look at the sides of the seat compared to the headrest and back.

View attachment 2842
It's a non-production car with non-production seats.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would think there would be a port somewhere on the front and rear bumpers to attach a tow hook since Lotus cars are generally track-focused.
I don't want to screw the front license plate on to the bumper but use a tow hook license plate Mount if possible.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would any true enthusiast choose to have ADAS at all?

I think it’s been confirmed that that lump is the sensor, so not optioning ADAS (if possible) is the only way to avoid it.
Because things like adaptive cruise control or blind spot monitoring are normal features on cheaper cars and handy for a daily as this will be for some.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Front towing eye goes in here.

A581D9E8-3A7C-484A-BA3A-9AC94FDC4B07.jpeg

There’s no rear towing facility, much to the disappointment of the caravan crowd, I’m sure.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Because things like adaptive cruise control or blind spot monitoring are normal features on cheaper cars and handy for a daily as this will be for some.
That was spooky. I was replying to another post as you replied to mine From ages ago.

It was a slightly tounge-in-cheek comment.
There’s the whole argument that if someone is too inattentive to need ADAS maybe they shouldn’t be driving.
But, if you feel the need for it, fair enough. I find it all slightly annoying.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Man if met white is offered on the I4FE it’s gonna mess up my color choice all over again!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's a render, I saw it a few weeks ago on Instagram and forgot to make a note of the creator. I think it was a digital artist with an interest in cars, rather than a Lotus fan. Does anyone know?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It looks like it's the same 3D file I bought and downloaded. There's an error in the model that I only recently discovered, and I can see it on his render. The long amber running lights in the headlights on the model, are in two pieces, and they are NOT in the right position. The outer one is too high up, the inner one is too far down towards the front, and they're both out of the location they're supposed to be in.

There's a spot in the housing where the light and lenses are supposed to fit into.

Look at the long amber lenses in his close-up,

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 9.58.30 AM.png

This is what it looks like on the model. This is a non-final render so you can see the detail. (I had already fixed the left side; this is the right side before I fixed it). Look at the two lens meshes highlighted in blue. They're out of position, and they came this way on the model.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 9.57.50 AM.png

Here's what they're supposed to look like in the right position. The inner part is the reflector, and the outer part is the amber lens. They're supposed to be virtually on top of one another.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 9.53.32 AM.png

His is a nice render though. I'd be curious to know what software he used, although he clearly used one of the high-end render engines like V-Ray.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hopefully those headlights (that keep popping up in renders) with the amber bits are only for US Spec cars that need the obligatory amber side running lights - the indicators are in the horizontal LED 's, after all and there are no amber bits in the pre-prod cars....

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hopefully those headlights (that keep popping up in renders) with the amber bits are only for US Spec cars that need the obligatory amber side running lights - the indicators are in the horizontal LED 's, after all and there are no amber bits in the pre-prod cars....

Actually they are there, you can see the long amber light underneath a clear lens on top of it. The flashing lights are the turn signal/emergency lights, which are different from constant-on running lights. I went amber for both lenses because that's the way their configurator shows them, but maybe they'll be like the demo car, with clear on top of amber. However that is also just basically a proof-of-concept car. It isn't really even a pre-production car, as nice as it looks.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Actually they are there, you can see the long amber light underneath a clear lens on top of it. The flashing lights are the turn signal/emergency lights, which are different from constant-on running lights. I went amber for both lenses because that's the way their configurator shows them, but maybe they'll be like the demo car, with clear on top of amber. However that is also just basically a proof-of-concept car. It isn't really even a pre-production car, as nice as it looks.
What I mean is there’s no requirement in the UK or most, if not all, of Europe for the amber side running lights mandated in the USA - they’re not fitted as an “afterthought” to the sides of our Evoras either. Our only mandatory daytime lights are the white front LED “wings” and optional use of the usual rear lights. Hopefully Lotus have been able to invest in different light variants for different markets and the configurator renders are just one variant…. I don’t want ugly amber bits I don’t need 😉 The blue preprod car doesn’t seem to have them 🤞

Attachments

• 2A6E0E82-D2B3-49F0-9015-BA1366715600.jpeg
    2A6E0E82-D2B3-49F0-9015-BA1366715600.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 67