• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Mist White Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A shame there isn't a picture from behind the car to confirm engine fitment. But that ADAS sensor pod is a pretty big clue. Unless they're fitting dummy ones to V6s to confuse people!

There are other odd things about this car - have you got a link to the original Facebook post as I can't find it.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A shame there isn't a picture from behind the car to confirm engine fitment. But that ADAS sensor pod is a pretty big clue. Unless they're fitting dummy ones to V6s to confuse people!

There are other odd things about this car - have you got a link to the original Facebook post as I can't find it.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve got full ADAS in my Isuzu. It’s constantly trying to pull the steering wheel away from the centre line on me, and on long trips on narrow roads it will beep a lot if it thinks I’m not far enough out. Not a deal breaker in a ute, but would become very draining in a pure sports car.
Glad ADAS won't be on the V6 Emira.
Not interested in those annoying Nanny AIDS this is a driver's car remember.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad ADAS won't be on the V6 Emira.
Not interested in those annoying Nanny AIDS this is a driver's car remember.
No worries, we all remember as you mention it in every post 👍🏻 Nevertheless I would like it for example if the car could recognize road signs.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Regardless of what is under the hood of that mule, that sensor pod is U. G. L. Y.

Why oh why could they not stash it out of sight?... if it just the front-facing radar for adaptive cruise, maybe I can just rip it off and blank the connector 🤔

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Regardless of what is under the hood of that mule, that sensor pod is U. G. L. Y.

Why oh why could they not stash it out of sight?... if it just the front-facing radar for adaptive cruise, maybe I can just rip it off and blank the connector 🤔
I totally concur in what you said, it takes the cake 🍰 for being the ugliest ADAS radar I’ve seen on any car… It looks like a black brick that’s been wedged into the front grill…

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It looks like a prototype, let's hope it is. License plates in some countries might interfere with it if that is the final product.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I assume you're referring to this ugly lump?

1643490168997.png

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks great even when it's covered in dirt. Great to see real-world pictures next to other cars, too. Really helps give a sense of size for us poor Canadians who haven't been able to see a model in person yet. Also extremely useful for us because this is what the Emira will look like all winter long. #ForTheCanadians

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I assume you're referring to this ugly lump?
Yes. The low profile plates in Europe and the smaller plates in US/Canada would probably be OK (functionally), but I think the taller plates in some countries would overlap with the bottom part of the "lump".

[edit] According to my trusted data source Wikipedia, "some countries" seems to be only Japan. All other countries seem to be equal to or shorter than the US plates.

Looks great even when it's covered in dirt.
Curious to see it fitted with tire chains.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE - it won't let me post here, so will mention you in the post so you can see it
Thanks. I've not seen me being tagged in - is it in a private group? If you PM me a link to the group I'll join and find it 👍

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't believe that is an ADAS unit. The white car seems to have both the China plate mount, and the everybody-else mount on it. Here's a couple of screen snaps from a video of the Chinese yellow and blue car, where you can see on the blue car, the plate is mounted to this block. The blue car does NOT have the lower mounting bracket that's on the white car, so this block is clearly where the plates in China are going to be mounted to.

China mount 1.png

China Mount 2.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something else I noticed when looking at this one picture; the seats look much deeper than we've seen previously. Look at the sides of the seat compared to the headrest and back.

Seats.png

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
this block is clearly where the plates in China are going to be mounted to.
Or it’s where they screwed the show plate to because the proper plate mount wasn’t available….

The ADAS sensor has to go somewhere, and I don’t see anywhere else that it can logically go.

The thing on the white car is similar to the one that the Evora had in that it’s an adapter to which different sized plate holders can be fixed. Different shapes for different countries.
Or be left off for the lucky US states that don’t require a front plate.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Or it’s where they screwed the show plate to because the proper plate mount wasn’t available….

The ADAS sensor has to go somewhere, and I don’t see anywhere else that it can logically go.

The thing on the white car is similar to the one that the Evora had in that it’s an adapter to which different sized plate holders can be fixed. Different shapes for different countries.
Or be left off for the lucky US states that don’t require a front plate.
They could mount it off to the side somewhere, similar to the way Alfa did on the Giulia on the passenger side in the front. I also hope by now they have smaller, more efficient units. That one on the Alfa was from 6 years ago. If Lotus doesn't have a more elegant solution than to put that ugly wart on the otherwise beautiful face of the Emira, then they should design one themselves that fits within one of the side intake areas. Otherwise, I'd hope they could add the safety features of lane change alert, and maybe some of the other safety features as a separate option. I can't see any sports car enthusiast wanting that ugly wart on the front of their Emira.

Alfa MonteCarlo Blue.jpeg

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can't see any sports car enthusiast wanting that ugly wart on the front of their Emira.
Would any true enthusiast choose to have ADAS at all?

I think it’s been confirmed that that lump is the sensor, so not optioning ADAS (if possible) is the only way to avoid it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't believe that is an ADAS unit. The white car seems to have both the China plate mount, and the everybody-else mount on it. Here's a couple of screen snaps from a video of the Chinese yellow and blue car, where you can see on the blue car, the plate is mounted to this block. The blue car does NOT have the lower mounting bracket that's on the white car, so this block is clearly where the plates in China are going to be mounted to.

View attachment 2839
View attachment 2841
It's a show plate on a non-production show car, so they may just have stuck it wherever was easiest! The legal requirement for showing plates in China means on a road-registered car it would have to be screwed to the upper part of the bumper on an Emira, to comply with the required height. So it doesn't need the plinth on the lower lip in China and hence one isn't fitted.