• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When mine arrives you can all come and sit crossed-legged around it (the Lotus position of course) and chant while we burn some incense and meditate.

After all, Lotus ownership is a bit like a cult. At least I think that's what the guy shouted at me as I drove past - "you Lotus cult"? :)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When mine arrives you can all come and sit crossed-legged around it (the Lotus position of course) and chant while we burn some incense and meditate.

After all, Lotus ownership is a bit like a cult. At least I think that's what the guy shouted at me as I drove past - "you Lotus cult"? :)
Best you didn’t hear exactly
(something about a wheel gap).

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It certainly sounds like some cars with specific options will be delayed and we will be told on a case by case basis.
So await the call... 📞 📲
Well, 2 years ago, i was told delivery would be March 22. Then April/May, then May/June. Then at Lotus Silverstone in November 21, i was told definitely June. Then an Email 2 months ago said July. Then the last Email with Mr Windle in saying more delays. Personally, i wouldn't mind the delays so much if we were getting regular updates from the factory on progress. Today a conversation with Matthew at Lotus Silverstone said that contact would be made for payment 30 days before the delivery date. So that means an August delivery at the earliest. Any thoughts?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, 2 years ago, i was told delivery would be March 22. Then April/May, then May/June. Then at Lotus Silverstone in November 21, i was told definitely June. Then an Email 2 months ago said July. Then the last Email with Mr Windle in saying more delays. Personally, i wouldn't mind the delays so much if we were getting regular updates from the factory on progress. Today a conversation with Matthew at Lotus Silverstone said that contact would be made for payment 30 days before the delivery date. So that means an August delivery at the earliest. Any thoughts?
2 years ago? You must be VIP 😆

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s consistent with the timings and contact for others with early deposits. I assume you’ve had some calls too, and emails about providing your specification and preferences on delivery?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That’s consistent with the timings and contact for others with early deposits. I assume you’ve had some calls too, and emails about providing your specification and preferences on delivery?
Yes, just waiting to be contacted about payment and then, from my understanding, a delivery date. In my case, collecting from Lotus Silverstone.

G

Guest142

If anyone is interested I have now had my V6 auto confirmed as an October build November delivery....

Any other V6 Auto's confirmed?
Very excited to hear this news. Congratulations can't wait to get my confirmation for delivery as well. Happy July 4th.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have now had my V6 auto confirmed as an October build November delivery....

Any other V6 Auto's confirmed?
Yep. December delivery for me

A0AA7AA1-342D-4CAB-8B26-EF68C6D559F3.jpeg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
group therapy or forum therapy ..haha
yeh its a bad sign when you spend your time talking to people you dont know about a car you have never seen (in person)
Hello. My name is ___, and it's been ____ hours/days/weeks since I've binged on Forum messages and Emira car reviews.

#For the Driven mad

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With my original date being July build August delivery this confirms a 3 month delay for the auto box as mentioned on here previously.

To switch to the I4 option would be a Q1 2023 delivery, so staying with the V6.

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
With my original date being July build August delivery this confirms a 3 month delay for the auto box as mentioned on here previously.

To switch to the I4 option would be a Q1 2023 delivery, so staying with the V6.
Ive just chased my delivery with Lotus. Cant recall the date of my order but it was the day of the official Lotus reveal, not Goodwood
Delivery was originally slated for June
Delays for all orders are 6-8 weeks from the last notification and they confirmed a build slot for me in Sept
I also sent a follow on email enquiring as to whether my order will slip further due to potential delays on Autoboxes. Response was as below

The factory has not confirmed if specific specifications will incur further delays, as they currently sit at 6-8 weeks for all Emira orders.

If this information is available to us, we will reach out and advise you accordingly.