Members from the Carolinas

@Life411

Reaction score
I'd love to hear about the purchase experience at Cape Fear from any of you picking yours up this week. Just want an idea of what to expect when mine comes in.

It's a long story, but Lotus sent me the wrong FE1.0 car (didn't match my spec) and so I'm expecting one in May-ish now.
Whoa, wtf! That's frustrating!

FeelsWheels

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying one from Flow Lotus (Ken) and he is fantastic - I live in Florida, but might be flying up there to drive it down and start that break-in period.

OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Cape Fear called me today and let me know it will be closer to April for mine now. A pleasant surprise!

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I posted in the main delivery thread but thought I'd add it here too. I was #3 delivery and #2 off the lot (sorry about that hiccup with the driver, @ttvetdoc, but thanks for letting me be #2 out the door =p)

Attachments

• IMG_2346.JPEG
    IMG_2346.JPEG
    334 KB · Views: 35
OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congrats again from a Wilmingtonian!

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts so far that has collected? I'm at 500 miles and not once took it out of tour and I'm following the 1000 mile run in so I haven’t got to experience the exhaust and emotion that provides. It's a much nicer place to be over my 400 as far as tech and luxury goes. My 400 feels more raw but it's also got suspension, tune, headers, filled motor mounts. The Emira can easily be modified to match or exceed the performance of a 400/GT but stock for stock the 400/GTs take the performance edge no doubt. Really the only downside is if you use the rear seats for kids which I do with my 400 from time to time to share the fun and can't do that with the Emira. Fantastic car so far can't wait to hit 1000 and be properly mean to her 😀

Hoping to meet some of you in the future. I love the Lotus brand and have a growing collection of them that includes a 3-Eleven, 2-Eleven Kswap, and 400.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What's everyone's thoughts so far that has collected? I'm at 500 miles and not once took it out of tour and I'm following the 1000 mile run in so I haven’t got to experience the exhaust and emotion that provides. It's a much nicer place to be over my 400 as far as tech and luxury goes. My 400 feels more raw but it's also got suspension, tune, headers, filled motor mounts. The Emira can easily be modified to match or exceed the performance of a 400/GT but stock for stock the 400/GTs take the performance edge no doubt. Really the only downside is if you use the rear seats for kids which I do with my 400 from time to time to share the fun and can't do that with the Emira. Fantastic car so far can't wait to hit 1000 and be properly mean to her 😀

Hoping to meet some of you in the future. I love the Lotus brand and have a growing collection of them that includes a 3-Eleven, 2-Eleven Kswap, and 400.
I took mine out of Tour into Track immediately but have been largely following the 4K RPM limit. I'm only 150 miles in and most of that on highway but I could feel it loosen up a bit even on that initial drive. I can't compare much to an Evora 400 as I've only driven an Evora GT Auto and I MUCH prefer the Emira to that experience. Part of it is that I haven't driven a manual regularly in over 10 years so that in and of itself is taking some getting used to again.

I'll insert more of my thoughts as the weeks go on and I get more miles under my belt. I can't wait to rev the thing out after 1K :)

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
I took mine out of Tour into Track immediately but have been largely following the 4K RPM limit. I'm only 150 miles in and most of that on highway but I could feel it loosen up a bit even on that initial drive. I can't compare much to an Evora 400 as I've only driven an Evora GT Auto and I MUCH prefer the Emira to that experience. Part of it is that I haven't driven a manual regularly in over 10 years so that in and of itself is taking some getting used to again.

I'll insert more of my thoughts as the weeks go on and I get more miles under my belt. I can't wait to rev the thing out after 1K :)
I intend on modifying the car but wanted to get through the initial 1000 miles following the guidelines just incase I had some issue with the car. Once I feel the car is sorted enough which so far so good I won't care too much if they did deny something due to a modification.

The shifting has gotten smoother over time and shifts better than my 400. Some shifts are so smooth it's surprising due to having experience with the same gearbox in multiple cars. I do wish Lotus would have went with a slightly softer clutch pedal in their V6s but overall not a big deal.

I'll post more feedback once I break the 1000 mile barrier. Super impressed with the car so far.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm only about 150 miles in too and I've spent almost all in Tour mode on the highway. I did a short run in Sport to try it out, but wasn't doing anything crazy. I too am adhering to the 1000 mile break-in recommendations. I have no prior Lotus experience to compare to, so I can only compare with my S5 sportback and Mini Coutryman. Both of those cars are quick and fun in their own way, but the Emira is just a whole new world. It feels like I'm driving a small, yet comfortable, racecar. I absolutely love the mechanical, analog feel that it has. The notchy gearbox, the supercharger whine, the snarling V6 with its pops and burbles on deceleration. Man this thing is awesome. I, too, am still getting familiar with driving a manual transmission again after many years, so that adds some tentativeness for me, but I agree that the car seems to be settling in with every additional mile and is becoming more and more like an extension of my body. It's early days, so I'm sure I'll have additional feedback as I get more experience with it.

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I intend on modifying the car but wanted to get through the initial 1000 miles following the guidelines just incase I had some issue with the car. Once I feel the car is sorted enough which so far so good I won't care too much if they did deny something due to a modification.

The shifting has gotten smoother over time and shifts better than my 400. Some shifts are so smooth it's surprising due to having experience with the same gearbox in multiple cars. I do wish Lotus would have went with a slightly softer clutch pedal in their V6s but overall not a big deal.

I'll post more feedback once I break the 1000 mile barrier. Super impressed with the car so far.

My car is scheduled to go into Eurowise to have Phil install my 3rd cat delete pipe and the electronic exhaust valve controller this upcoming week. Looking forward to the improvement in sound. I don't think this should impact break-in assuming I follow the other rules.

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
My car is scheduled to go into Eurowise to have Phil install my 3rd cat delete pipe and the electronic exhaust valve controller this upcoming week. Looking forward to the improvement in sound. I don't think this should impact break-in assuming I follow the other rules.
Nice! I have the same parts. I'm heavily considering doing it today haha but I want to hear how it sounds fully stock in person first. I might play around with it. I believe the Evoras were considered broken in by 600 miles and just to not go full ham on them until after the first 1000 mile service.

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice! I have the same parts. I'm heavily considering doing it today haha but I want to hear how it sounds fully stock in person first. I might play around with it. I believe the Evoras were considered broken in by 600 miles and just to not go full ham on them until after the first 1000 mile service.

I can't believe you've put 500 miles on the car since Monday! Super impressive

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I took delivery Tuesday morning and I've stuck to doing roughly 125 miles a day. It's breaking in the sound system too which is leagues better than the Evoras.
I'm glad you're happy with the KEF system. I'm a big music/sound guy so I was hoping it was going to have a decent sound system and I wasn't going to need to make upgrades or modifications

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
I'm glad you're happy with the KEF system. I'm a big music/sound guy so I was hoping it was going to have a decent sound system and I wasn't going to need to make upgrades or modifications

It's not perfect for sure but spend just 30 seconds with an Evora and you'll know that sound system is the worst so comparing the two the Emira is many steps above.

Looking forward to what people do with the sound system upgrades as I would be interested in that.

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
Emira sounds so good with Milltek Valve Controller and GRP 3rd Cat Delete. The crackles are a nice addition over the Evoras. Touring mode!

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Emira sounds so good with Milltek Valve Controller and GRP 3rd Cat Delete. The crackles are a nice addition over the Evoras. Touring mode!

Nice work getting that done today! Sounds really good!! Nice growl to it. Appreciate you posting the video, that’s super helpful

I assume that is valves wide open?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts