Members from the Carolinas

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Since nobody else has, I figured I'd create a little roll call for North Carolina and South Carolina members.

I am (theoretically) taking delivery of my V6 FE 6MT this fall from the currently-under-construction-yet-to-be-opened Lotus Cape Fear.

I enjoy participating in track days when my schedule allows, and I currently participate with a 2006 Mini Cooper GP I've done a lot of modifications to.

Anyways, post up if you're in the Carolinas!

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I split my time between NH and NC (Raleigh) and missed the FE cutoff at Lotus Charlotte by about 5 slots. I’m anxiously awaiting the Base Edition options and pricing and will be placing my order within milliseconds of getting the call from Danny. I’ve never done a track day before but absolutely hoping to change that once I get my Emira!

OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I split my time between NH and NC (Raleigh) and missed the FE cutoff at Lotus Charlotte by about 5 slots. I’m anxiously awaiting the Base Edition options and pricing and will be placing my order within milliseconds of getting the call from Danny. I’ve never done a track day before but absolutely hoping to change that once I get my Emira!
Howdy!

Contact Shane Heffernan at Audi Cape Fear in Wilmington. They're opening a Lotus franchise in the fall. That's where I've got my reservation.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks - I did hear about the Wilmington dealership that was coming, but that was after I already had my deposit in with Charlotte. (It also happens to be after I sold my house in Kure Beach, just south of Wilmington 😐). I’m going to just sit tight with my current BE slot and not try to get too cute with the process.

Skymira

Reaction score
Fortunate enough to make the cutoff for a FE from Flow in Winston-Salem, but just barely so I was told. I'm guessing around a Jan/Feb timeframe. I enjoyed the initial meeting with my salesman and have just been quietly patient waiting for my new toy. I currently have a Jag F-type R and although somewhat in the same class as the Emira (2 seater sportscar) I expect a completely different driving experience from it. I've participated in a few Jaguar "driving experiences", at Las Vegas, New Orleans, Limerock , and VIR, all a blast of course. This will be my first Lotus and looking forward to meeting others in the Lotus "family" so to speak.

rjhoskins

Reaction score
Fortunate enough to make the cutoff for a FE from Flow in Winston-Salem, but just barely so I was told. I'm guessing around a Jan/Feb timeframe. I enjoyed the initial meeting with my salesman and have just been quietly patient waiting for my new toy. I currently have a Jag F-type R and although somewhat in the same class as the Emira (2 seater sportscar) I expect a completely different driving experience from it. I've participated in a few Jaguar "driving experiences", at Las Vegas, New Orleans, Limerock , and VIR, all a blast of course. This will be my first Lotus and looking forward to meeting others in the Lotus "family" so to speak.
Can you share your salesman at Flow in Winston? I'm 30 minutes from the Winston dealership, 1.5 hours from the Charlotte dealership, so would prefer to go thru Winston if possible. Pm if needed, thanks!

Skymira

Reaction score
Can you share your salesman at Flow in Winston? I'm 30 minutes from the Winston dealership, 1.5 hours from the Charlotte dealership, so would prefer to go thru Winston if possible. Pm if needed, thanks!
Ken Scott is my salesman. The demo is scheduled to be in Winston next Friday and Saturday.

rjhoskins

Reaction score
Ken Scott is my salesman. The demo is scheduled to be in Winston next Friday and Saturday.
Thanks so much! That's what I was going to ask about...seeing the car in person. I will reach out to him tomorrow. I really want to see this car in person before putting down the deposit.....I don't mind the wait if it's the right "fun car" for me.

Skymira

Reaction score
Thanks so much! That's what I was going to ask about...seeing the car in person. I will reach out to him tomorrow. I really want to see this car in person before putting down the deposit.....I don't mind the wait if it's the right "fun car" for me.
Your welcome! I too am anxiously awaiting seeing it in person. Also scheduled for my test drive on Sat.

rjhoskins

Reaction score
Your welcome! I too am anxiously awaiting seeing it in person. Also scheduled for my test drive on Sat.
Spoke to Ken Scott today. Obviously, test drives are booked, but I can still get the tour of the car etc. Planning on being there around 10am Saturday to check it out. Hope you enjoy your test drive!

Skymira

Reaction score
Spoke to Ken Scott today. Obviously, test drives are booked, but I can still get the tour of the car etc. Planning on being there around 10am Saturday to check it out. Hope you enjoy your test drive!
Thank you! Hope you like it enough to get one eventually and enjoy it!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in northern VA but spend a lot of time in NC and SC, so I'm chiming in.

My FE order is with Flow in Winston-Salem as well. My deposit went in July 10 of 2021, just after the Goodwood reveal. I believe I'm toward the end of the list for Flow's FE allocation.

After the many production delays shake out, my best guess at delivery will be May or June of next year. Maybe later... just being realistic. The Jan/Feb timeframe was the best guess prior to the most recent delay announcements from Lotus UK.

I'll be there Friday for a test drive at 2pm. Look forward to seeing a few of you if you're present, please say hi.

OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My dealership, Lotus Cape Fear (which has not opened yet) has not had a date set for the Emira test drive event. I was hoping with it being in Winston Salem this week, and Charlotte last week, that perhaps Wilmington would be up next. I'm bummed. My work schedule will not facilitate my traveling 4+ hours for a test drive event.

rjhoskins

Reaction score
Just returned from Lotus in Winston. Planned on just checking out the car in person and sitting in it to get the feel.....They were ahead of schedule so they let me get in a test drive. Totally surreal experience. Loved the car and proud I didn't stall it since it's the first time I've driven a manual gearbox since I sold my Supra back in 2005. The Emira drives great, feels great, a real sports car, yet refined and comfortable. I put my deposit down before I left--yes it will be 1.5 to 2 years probably (who knows), but I'm still excited.

OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm so bummed I wasn't able to make it up from Wilmington. Glad you loved it!

Blue Dude

Reaction score
I drove in a day early from a TN trip hoping to just see it. Not only did I see it, the kind people from Lotus and Flow let me drive it without an appointment as the last test drive for the evening!!

Even met some really nice Lotus owners from VA, I mentioned this forum, they weren't aware of it, hopefully they make it over.

Great car, people, and experience overall!!!

rjhoskins

Reaction score
I drove in a day early from a TN trip hoping to just see it. Not only did I see it, the kind people from Lotus and Flow let me drive it without an appointment as the last test drive for the evening!!

Even met some really nice Lotus owners from VA, I mentioned this forum, they weren't aware of it, hopefully they make it over.

Great car, people, and experience overall!!!
This was my exact experience with Flow Lotus as well. No appointment, arrived early to see the car and was thrown right into the mix of driving. Ken (Flow Lotus) and Jim (Head of Sales, Lotus America) were super nice and accommodating. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Glad you got to drive the car as well.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts