Members from the Carolinas

rjhoskins

Reaction score
I haven't gotten an official one yet, as I just sent the paperwork this morning and haven't heard back from Daniel yet (and may not until after the holiday). When I spoke to him earlier this week he said they had their 14-ish FEs already spoken for, plus another 40-ish on the list. They are hoping to get 4 cars/month after the FEs, so he figured 12-18 months from now for mine if that number holds. Ken @ Flow was a little cagier and didn't provide info on their waitlist size.
Update this thread once you get your reservation or PM me if you don't mind. I am #83 at Flow Winston and reserved exactly a month ago. I'm curious to see how close the two dealerships are in deposit reservations.

JackSlack

Reaction score
Update this thread once you get your reservation or PM me if you don't mind. I am #83 at Flow Winston and reserved exactly a month ago. I'm curious to see how close the two dealerships are in deposit reservations.
Sure, happy to update once I hear back. Thanks also for your waitlist info.

rjhoskins

Reaction score
Looks like I'm #42 on the Lotus Charlotte non-FE list. I think they have 12-15 FEs, so I guess that puts me mid 50s? Actual wait time dependent on allocations, cancellations, etc.
Way ahead of me in Winston. I'm in this for the duration though.....hopefully many ahead of me will drop out. :)

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone herd of a new Lotus Dealership opening in Greenville, SC? There used to be one, yet it closed sometime around 2019.
Thanks for any feedback!!

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey all! New to the forums here in Raleigh, NC. I heard from Shane at the new Cape Fear (Wilmington) dealer that they plan to open one in Raleigh late '24. No other details yet but that's encouraging for those in the RDU area in the future. I'm trying to decide where to put in my reservation - Charlotte, Flow Winston, or Cape Fear. They're all 1.5-2.5 hours from me so it's not a huge difference. I'll probably go where the list seems to be shorter and so far that sounds like Charlotte.

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Since nobody else has, I figured I'd create a little roll call for North Carolina and South Carolina members.

I am (theoretically) taking delivery of my V6 FE 6MT this fall from the currently-under-construction-yet-to-be-opened Lotus Cape Fear.

I enjoy participating in track days when my schedule allows, and I currently participate with a 2006 Mini Cooper GP I've done a lot of modifications to.

Anyways, post up if you're in the Carolinas!
Wake Forest here. Current V8 Esprit owner, 20 years. Will be at the Wilmington location for the opening event. Looking forward to seeing the Emira, finally.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wake Forest here. Current V8 Esprit owner, 20 years. Will be at the Wilmington location for the opening event. Looking forward to seeing the Emira, finally.
I just spoke to Shane this afternoon and he informed me of the Wilmington grand opening. I will almost certainly be there as well heading down from Raleigh!

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Allocation #1 at Lotus of Charlotte for the V6 FE just now seeing this thread and pretty new to the Emira forums! I was in the right place at the right time with Carolina Lotus Club getting wind of the new dealership prior to opening and secured my spot ASAP.

OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just spoke to Shane this afternoon and he informed me of the Wilmington grand opening. I will almost certainly be there as well heading down from Raleigh!

I'll be working Saturday, but hope to be by around 6:30 or so. I'll be the tall fat guy with a manbun. Looking forward to meeting you gents.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'll be working Saturday, but hope to be by around 6:30 or so. I'll be the tall fat guy with a manbun. Looking forward to meeting you gents.
Sounds good! I just put in my deposit for one the new FE allocations at Cape Fear this afternoon (yes, you heard that right, new FE allocations!). Look forward to meeting some of you gents!

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
Sounds good! I just put in my deposit for one the new FE allocations at Cape Fear this afternoon (yes, you heard that right, new FE allocations!). Look forward to meeting some of you gents!

Congrats! Did they get you locked into the 1.0 FE pricing?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats! Did they get you locked into the 1.0 FE pricing?
Unfortunately no. I think I'm going to be getting hit with the $105K price. It was like an $11K increase over the previous offering. Pretty steep hike but I'm still in pending the text drive next week in Wilmington. If I fall in love with the Emira in person It'll still be worth it.

JackSlack

Reaction score
Does the dealer in Wilmington have a demo car? I'm on the list at Charlotte but have yet to drive one, so wondering if the demo cars are making the rounds again. Got to sit in one in the UK back in Dec which prompted me to put down a deposit.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the dealer in Wilmington have a demo car? I'm on the list at Charlotte but have yet to drive one, so wondering if the demo cars are making the rounds again. Got to sit in one in the UK back in Dec which prompted me to put down a deposit.
Hey Jack! They're scheduled to have a demo Emira NEXT weekend (March 25th) during their grand opening event. Here's a link and although it only mentions BMW motorcycles, you can RSVP here and then call the dealer and let them know you want on the list for a 30 minute Emira drive:

Here's their Lotus FB page:

I'll be headed there from Raleigh and plan to arrive around 10am or so. My drive is set for 11am.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Lotus or this dealer. Just a nascent aspiring Emira owner :)

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think they are also doing this on Friday 24th. Mine is set for 2PM on Saturday 25th. I’ve also put down my deposit and it’s for the $105k MSRP. I don’t know where this puts me on the list.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think they are also doing this on Friday 24th. Mine is set for 2PM on Saturday 25th. I’ve also put down my deposit and it’s for the $105k MSRP. I don’t know where this puts me on the list.
I was told (albeit verbally) that I was confirmed on the FE 2.0 list when I put in my deposit last Friday, 3/10 at Cape Fear at the increased price as well. I haven't gotten an exact number on where I am in that list but I guess it doesn't matter much if you're within the 2.0 allocation numbers. Perhaps the second iteration will have more kinks worked out so we get a bit more for the increased price :)

OP
Lowtush

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've had my confirmed order deposit down for a almost a year, and the GM of Lotus Cape Fear confirmed my FE 1.0 will be the original msrp. I'm #6 at Lotus Cape Fear.

As noted above, they're having a grand opening next Saturday. I'll be there after work in the evening.