Mandatory Speed Limiter on the Emira?

MikeyTT

Reaction score

I'm presuming the Emira will get "type approval" before May 2022 and not have to comply with this?

Emira may be the first and last new car I ever buy it may appear.

Just had it confirmed as I thought the UK Emira will have a speed limiter

''The speed limiters will be fitted on all UK vehicles as standard, this is a regulation for which we must abide by. However, all vehicles will have the option to turn it off within the drivers settings/ control.''

Looks like that will be part of the pre flight check !

What’s your source for that? It contradicts a previous statement by Lotus:

Why is this thread titled “Tracker”? :unsure:

Just letting you know that the demo car has been lowered to look more planted , probably at least a inch

Email direct from Lotus yesterday

OK, thanks. More contradictory info from them :)

Perhaps coincidence but could just be coming with a Volvo carryover. If you watch Succession there's a brief shot of the XC40 dash in one of the 'Sponsored by...' idents. Whenever I see it I am reminded of the Emira dash (no bad thing!)

Some of the Geely and Lynk & Co cars have similar elements too, so it's probably a group thing. I know the Lotus Human/Car Interaction team had access to any hardware or software they wanted from across the group.

Thanks, I'd not looked at Lynk before. Interesting business model. Start/stop button is rather familiar, along with clocks, vents, stalks and steering wheel buttons.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 17.29.02.png

Thanks, I'd not looked at Lynk before. Interesting business model. Start/stop button is rather familiar, along with clocks, vents, stalks and steering wheel buttons.

View attachment 1009
Definitely all the same. Shame not bespoke, but as expected and not a bad thing really.
My 1995 VW Corrado shares its wing mirrors with the McLaren F1 😁🥰