Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m getting the black pack because I often use a seasucker bike rack mounted to my car and the vacuum cup will pull vinyl or ppf right off. That being said I’m usually mounting to glass so that might not matter.
Same reason I’m going black pack for my roof.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Based on the Magma photos shared, I agree that it will look exceptionally good with a red roof BUT with dark tinted windows. That will give it some good contrast on the canopy.
?I must not be paying attention?
The FE wheels are they silver or satin?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Based on the Magma photos shared, I agree that it will look exceptionally good with a red roof BUT with dark tinted windows. That will give it some good contrast on the canopy.

Added a quick photochop of Magma with tinted windows.

View attachment 4979
Can you PS the rotor hats black and also eliminate that picnic table at the back that keeps making me think it is a spoiler?! Hahah

My wife saw this photo and asked me what happened to the hood and if it had been in an accident or something 😂

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you PS the rotor hats black and also eliminate that picnic table at the back that keeps making me think it is a spoiler?! Hahah

My wife saw this photo and asked me what happened to the hood and if it had been in an accident or something 😂
The things I do to make forum folks happy! :LOL:

magma-dark-windows-no-table.png

Quantas66

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220430-171706_Samsung Internet.jpg

This angle with yellow calipers suggests these alloys will be a high polish, chrome-like finish. Okay with me but would like to know if thats how they will be or not.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 4982
This angle with yellow calipers suggests these alloys will be a high polish, chrome-like finish. Okay with me but would like to know if thats how they will be or not.
Apparently not based on those who saw the wheels in the flesh at Hethel.

A highly polished chrome-like finish is what I wanted too, so I’m a bit disappointed that the finish is satin like the diamond cut wheels.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
View attachment 4982
Nothing I saw in the factory reflected like that, I think it is just a bit of a glitch on the configurator coding.

Both my paintings feature the same combo - yellow calipers and silver wheels, with the source images coming from the configurator. In both cases I greatly toned down the yellow reflections as they were just too much.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If the silver wheels aren't shiny enough, it's not a big deal to have them sprayed with a gloss clear that can be anywhere from satin to high gloss.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So a wrap is different to PPF? Aren’t they both the same vinyl? (Sorry, just getting into this stuff.)
As KitKat said, PPF is "Paint Protection Film", its primary goal is to protect the paint of a car, whilst generally the idea is to not change the aesthetic of the original paint. Normally they're entirely transparent and colourless to retain the factory paint, sometimes adding a little more depth to them. However, there are some more expensive PPF films that have an aesthetic aspect to it too (coloured, satin look etc). Generally the aim with PPF is to be as unnoticeable as possible but protect the paint. It's thicker than a wrap and has a different installation process. It's a lot more expensive than a wrap (for the same covered area). Often people will just PPF the front bumper, bonnet and wheel arches of a car as they need the most protection.

A wrap's primary goal is purely for aesthetics, changing the look of the car. The best wraps are now paint-like and can even be polished and waxed/ ceramic coated like paint can. They're normally around half the price of a PPF to install roughly. It offers some decent protection from stone chips etc, but not as much as PPF.

I.e:
Generally you'd get PPF to protect the car and have minimal change to the aesthetic.

You'd get a wrap to change the aesthetic of the car but with some additional protection.

For a black roof - a good quality wrap will be better than a PPF and far more economical.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If the silver wheels aren't shiny enough, it's not a big deal to have them sprayed with a gloss clear that can be anywhere from satin to high gloss.
True. But I like to keep my cars original.

At this price point I should get what I’m happy with without need to modify with after market parts or spray jobs.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As KitKat said, PPF is "Paint Protection Film", its primary goal is to protect the paint of a car, whilst generally the idea is to not change the aesthetic of the original paint. Normally they're entirely transparent and colourless to retain the factory paint, sometimes adding a little more depth to them. However, there are some more expensive PPF films that have an aesthetic aspect to it too (coloured, satin look etc). Generally the aim with PPF is to be as unnoticeable as possible but protect the paint. It's thicker than a wrap and has a different installation process. It's a lot more expensive than a wrap (for the same covered area). Often people will just PPF the front bumper, bonnet and wheel arches of a car as they need the most protection.

A wrap's primary goal is purely for aesthetics, changing the look of the car. The best wraps are now paint-like and can even be polished and waxed/ ceramic coated like paint can. They're normally around half the price of a PPF to install roughly. It offers some decent protection from stone chips etc, but not as much as PPF.

I.e:
Generally you'd get PPF to protect the car and have minimal change to the aesthetic.

You'd get a wrap to change the aesthetic of the car but with some additional protection.

For a black roof - a good quality wrap will be better than a PPF and far more economical.
Or get black PPF like this: https://www.xpel.com/ultimate-plus-black-paint-protection-film

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
True. But I like to keep my cars original.

At this price point I should get what I’m happy with without need to modify with after market parts or spray jobs.
At this price point we should all be getting what we want, but right now that ain't gonna happen. Just the way it is. I just want my car.

Something else you could do is put a high quality wax on the silver, at least the fronts, and buff it to a good shine. That will make them shinier. Everybody puts a good wax on their car, so nobody considers that a modification.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At this price point we should all be getting what we want, but right now that ain't gonna happen. Just the way it is. I just want my car.

Something else you could do is put a high quality wax on the silver, at least the fronts, and buff it to a good shine. That will make them shinier. Everybody puts a good wax on their car, so nobody considers that a modification.
Like your thinking but the reality is that wax won’t make a satin clear coat look like gloss chrome.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Like your thinking but the reality is that wax won’t make a satin clear coat look like gloss chrome.
True. If you really want actual chrome though, you could always buy a second set of wheels and put the original set away for future "all original" value. Get the second set sand-blasted and chromed for the real deal, or a true chrome paint. They have them that really look like chrome now.

I know, you "shouldn't have to" but setting that aside, once you have your car, if you really want chrome wheels, there are options that can make it happen.

Here's a picture of the wheel on the blue car in China at that small boutique. It has a high gloss on the silver part, and I think it actually looks pretty good.

DSC_1580.JPG