lucky boardwalk customer

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What's the Emira's ring time? I wasn't aware there was one .
I’ve seen m2 cs times 15 seconds faster than the evora. Assume the Emira will be a bit faster and they’re basically very similar. And ain’t nobody calling an m2 cs a “supercar”

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Here is another opinion of the classification of cars. Interesting.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Here is another opinion of the classification of cars. Interesting.

So HPSC? Sounds like a winner according to this article/opinion.

#ForTheDefinitions

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So HPSC? Sounds like a winner according to this article/opinion.

#ForTheDefinitions

Yes HPSC for the win!

Also, I think the chassis should be considered high on the materials meter. We have these debates a lot but I think it's often forgotten how Lotus is 2nd to none in regards to handling. Again I was told at my track day the Lotus designed the chassis and handling for both Ford GTs. Accessible handling is very important for normal drivers such as myself.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Audi R8? Porsche 911? The Emira’s great but certainly not in that class of car - it’s price if anything tells you this.

The Emira GT/S might just sneak into that category but anyone comparing the 911 to the Emira needs a reality check.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Audi R8? Porsche 911? The Emira’s great but certainly not in that class of car - it’s price if anything tells you this.

The Emira GT/S might just sneak into that category but anyone comparing the 911 to the Emira needs a reality check.

The point of the article as i understood it is they aren't comparing cars to each other, they are comparing them to a set of criteria. Those criteria (exclusivity, materials, performance, price) are their opinion. The Emira, as far as I know, should be able to be driven on a track without modifications. Yes you can drive a mini van on a track but I understood their point to be that the car can withstand and is built for track abuse.

I love the debate of whether the Emira is a supercar, junior supercar, sports car etc. But to me you need some type of criteria for each classification to really have a sensible debate. IMO it's closer to a 911 than a Mustang GT based on their criteria.

#conversationswehaveinlieuofhavingtheactualcar

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The point of the article as i understood it is they aren't comparing cars to each other, they are comparing them to a set of criteria. Those criteria (exclusivity, materials, performance, price) are their opinion. The Emira, as far as I know, should be able to be driven on a track without modifications. Yes you can drive a mini van on a track but I understood their point to be that the car can withstand and is built for track abuse.

I love the debate of whether the Emira is a supercar, junior supercar, sports car etc. But to me you need some type of criteria for each classification to really have a sensible debate. IMO it's closer to a 911 than a Mustang GT based on their criteria.

#conversationswehaveinlieuofhavingtheactualcar
If the Emira had a slightly quicker 0-60, say by 3/4 of a second l, one cold make the argument they were punching above their weight class from HPSC to SC.

Last edited: