Lotus Tailor Made Advanced August 3rd

Car66

Reaction score
Today I attended the Advanced course along with 5 other people. The course was well run and the instructors were all very experienced and excellent. You were allocated the same instructor throughout The day. Clubhouse was run by excellent hospitality staff who took excellent care of us. Weather was 29 degrees and dry.

In the morning we carried out 3 exercises
slalom course
brake and brake/avoid
skid pan
in the afternoon we had 2 twenty minute track sessions.

Cars:
Hethel Yellow touring spec
Nimbus Grey touring spec
Dark Verdant sport
Seneca Blue sport
All cars are pre production spec - one had production spec leather seats. All manual.
We also saw Magma Red, Red, White and Cammo on the day.
All 3 wheel specs were present.

The car - chassis was still very lotus - just better.
brakes excellent
steering wheels, alcantara and leather both great
seating position great
Switching from tour mode to sport made a considerable difference to throttle response and engine sound - both great
Car is more refined with the major interior upgrades but still a raw experience to drive in tour and track
Some of the attendees did a back to back sport vs tour comparison on track so can share their thoughts.
This is an excellent car and should be very enjoyable for most.
Very useable in the real world and perfect amount of power for chassis.

During the day we did see numerous lorries turn up delivering parts (including wheels!) and plenty of people on site working.

Do the course or get a test drive and stop worrying about the delays, communication shortfalls and lack of photos - it will be worth it all!

lots of other information gained but we were all reminded of confidentiality agreement and no photo rule!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
lots of other information gained but we were all reminded of confidentiality agreement and no photo rule!

Thanks for the feedback! Sure wish I could go.

What's this about a no photo rule? I've seen a ton of photos and video from these events over the past few weeks. I just want to see the silver wheels! 🤔

ARA

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Do you know what combination of tyres were used with sport and touring cars?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Today I attended the Advanced course along with 5 other people. The course was well run and the instructors were all very experienced and excellent. You were allocated the same instructor throughout The day. Clubhouse was run by excellent hospitality staff who took excellent care of us. Weather was 29 degrees and dry.

slalom course
brake and brake/avoid
skid pan

Cars:
Nimbus Grey touring spec
Dark Verdant sport
Seneca Blue sport
All cars are pre production spec - one had production spec leather seats. All manual.

brakes excellent
seating position great
Switching from tour mode to sport made a considerable difference to throttle response and engine sound - both great
Car is more refined with the major interior upgrades but still a raw experience to drive in tour and track
Some of the attendees did a back to back sport vs tour comparison on track so can share their thoughts.

During the day we did see numerous lorries turn up delivering parts (including wheels!) and plenty of people on site working.

Do the course or get a test drive and stop worrying about the delays, communication shortfalls and lack of photos - it will be worth it all!

really? no photos of the cars you were going to drive... wow.... I cant really see why and I was looking forward to getting some good shots and videos while outside the car.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback.... all sounds +ve....... worth every penny, just about.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

What's this about a no photo rule? I've seen a ton of photos and video from these events over the past few weeks. I just want to see the silver wheels! 🤔
Confidentiality agreement on a track day event? Sounds strange or did you do the Factory tour as well? Or just because the cars are pre production?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the car tho appreciated 👍

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My guess is the no photos was because it was a weekday and therefore potential for cars moving around the factory site that they don’t want photographed.

The pics we have seen from LDA sessions have been from Saturdays, when the rest of the site is shut.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

slalom course
brake and brake/avoid
skid pan

Cars:
Nimbus Grey touring spec
Dark Verdant sport
Seneca Blue sport

brakes excellent
seating position great

Thanks for the feedback and info. It sounds like you’ve currently or previously owned a Lotus. What are your comparisons for comparing against the Emira?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is the no photos was because it was a weekday and therefore potential for cars moving around the factory site that they don’t want photographed.

The pics we have seen from LDA sessions have been from Saturdays, when the rest of the site is shut.

I think it's a new rule actually. I was chatting with the person who manages the official Lotus social media accounts and asked for some shots of the silver wheels. I've gotten some pics in the past, but it sounds like they're on lockdown now....

Screenshot_20220803-171306_Instagram.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

I would like that to be true, but seems not according to post below :(. A bit annoying when you spend 1000 pounds and cant take a few photos for your insta .... I will be asking to get some shot of me next to the car and will not be happy if it doesnt happen. What on earth are they trying to hide now..... inside the factory I understand, kind of, but here.. on the track... this is disappointing and its a good job I dont have a or any friend to bring to take photos of me, which would be normal on other days, porsche, audi, etc...

oh wellllll

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

slalom course
brake and brake/avoid
skid pan

Cars:
Nimbus Grey touring spec
Dark Verdant sport
Seneca Blue sport

brakes excellent
seating position great

Hi first at all thanks for sharing the experience

Did you sense the height on the driving position between the preprod seats and the ones production seats?

OP
C

Car66

Reaction score
I would like that to be true, but seems not according to post below :(. A bit annoying when you spend 1000 pounds and cant take a few photos for your insta .... I will be asking to get some shot of me next to the car and will not be happy if it doesnt happen. What on earth are they trying to hide now..... inside the factory I understand, kind of, but here.. on the track... this is disappointing and its a good job I dont have a or any friend to bring to take photos of me, which would be normal on other days, porsche, audi, etc...

oh wellllll
The track was being used for development work at the same time
It’s a working factory site - things go past they don’t want shared. It would be very different if it was at Silverstone etc like other manufacturers

OP
C

Car66

Reaction score
Hi first at all thanks for sharing the experience

Did you sense the height on the driving position between the preprod seats and the ones production seats?
Seats have multiple electric adjustments - I’m 6 foot and even with helmet on was well clear of roof

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Seats have multiple electric adjustments - I’m 6 foot and even with helmet on was well clear of roof

I mean was supposed to be diferencies between pre and production seats , like 2 inches higher on the pre

Did you realize it?

OP
C

Car66

Reaction score

Silver wheels looked great in real life - which was a relief as I have specced them!

OP
C

Car66

Reaction score
I mean was supposed to be diferencies between pre and production seats , like 2 inches higher on the pre

Did you realize it?
Didn’t stand out to be honest but wasn’t looking closely either - they were all still pre productions cars so would be wrong to draw any conclusions anyway

Brooksy

Reaction score

slalom course
brake and brake/avoid
skid pan

Cars:
Nimbus Grey touring spec
Dark Verdant sport
Seneca Blue sport

brakes excellent
seating position great

Was attending today also - great day and very much agree with all car66 comments.
Re the sport v tour comparison, it was honestly tough to tell the difference on track. I’ve got a touring on order and was a bit nervous but absolutely no issues now and nothing to worry about.

Lolub

Reaction score
Thank you for your review and update!

Did Lotus indicate at all when tweaking of cars would end and production would begin?

I keep getting the impression that they're changing things on the fly almost daily (for unknown reasons), which is kind of worrisome, especially at $100K. 😲😧