Lotus of Oakville

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought allocations were discussed last summer out of the 70 FEs in Canada? Please don’t quote me but I thought it was 15 for Gentry and 10 for Oakville?
I heard the same... and Calgary I believe was 10 as well. Vancouver I believe got 20. and Scotti in Montreal 15.

@Captain.Kirk I think John at gentry might be fishing for some more Emira deposits.... I am sure allocations going forward will be delivered based on deposit amounts... whoever has more deposits will get more cars.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I heard the same... and Calgary I believe was 10 as well. Vancouver I believe got 20. and Scotti in Montreal 15.

@Captain.Kirk I think John at gentry might be fishing for some more Emira deposits.... I am sure allocations going forward will be delivered based on deposit amounts... whoever has more deposits will get more cars.
Last August Gentry (Paul) told me they were given 12 FE allocations at that time.

Who knows what the actual allocation numbers are across the board, they’re as clear as Lotus’s production schedule.

At least all the speculation we do keeps us busy while we wait for Lotus to do what ever they do. Hopefully they remember where NA is located for shipping purposes.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hopefully they remember where NA is located for shipping purposes.
I am sending Lotus HQ the exact location of Bilbao for shipping purposes
We have been using this World Map before Google Earth exists :

mapamundi-bilbao.jpeg

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am sending Lotus HQ the exact location of Bilbao for shipping purposes
We have been using this World Map before Google Earth exists :

View attachment 22470

Perfecto amigo!

An actual paper map wth nice colourful pictures is what Lotus needs. They certainly don’t know how to do infotainment, let alone GPS. They seem to only know how to ship eastward across the English Channel.

Navi

Reaction score
1 out of 10 is incorrect I contacted Lotus head office and they confirmed that ratio is false and also confirmed the standard minimum deposit required from dealers is $2500.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
1 out of 10 is incorrect I contacted Lotus head office and they confirmed that ratio is false and also confirmed the standard minimum deposit required from dealers is $2500.
What ratio did Lotus HQ quote you?

Anyway, I’m just relaying what Gentry told me on the phone.

Gentry does a $5K CAD deposit. Less to pay on delivery at least.

Navi

Reaction score
No details on a ratio although if that what GL told you check with head office and bring it to their attention.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What ratio did Lotus HQ quote you?

Anyway, I’m just relaying what Gentry told me on the phone.

Gentry does a $5K CAD deposit. Less to pay on delivery at least.
Lotus likely aren't going to share the split of allocations between dealers, because it would create a structural disincentive against smaller dealers that would prevent them from growing their business with Lotus.

That being said, it should be abundantly clear that anytime a car dealer says something like, "I get 10 cars on allocation for every 1 car that other dealer gets!" is absolutely not being literal or factual. They are talking bullshit. I mean come on, it doesn't even pass the sniff test, it's just dealer hyperbole. There's no way that Lotus would maintain dealer franchise arrangements that produce that kind of insane disparity in access to product. If I had a nickel for every time I heard an auto dealer spuriously claim to be #1 at something and their competitors all utter failures on the same metric, I'd have a bag of nickels heavy enough to club a bear unconscious.

My dealer's required deposit was $2500 here in the US, so that tracks with the deposit info that Navi relayed. Some dealers have required higher deposit values, and that's their prerogative. Customers have the freedom to buy elsewhere if they don't like a particular dealer's terms.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
No details on a ratio although if that what GL told you check with head office and bring it to their attention.
For me that would be a waste of my cycles because ultimately they’re in charge. Sometimes we can over think and over speculate on things out of our control.

When my car shows up, it shows up.

Last edited:

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ordered July 9th '21, #26 at Gentry. Last I spoke with them they were estimating Aug./Sept. 23'
Placed my deposit @Gentry on July 26/2021 and I’m #39 in their queue. That’s about 1 new deposit per day between our deposit dates.

So like me you’re going to be a base model and we’re still waiting for the base level to be added to the configurator.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would not expect any North American base cars to arrive at dealers until mid 2024 at best case scenario. TBH, I am ok with that..... More time to sort issues, I don't think I would take an F/E Emira if it was offered to me at the moment... If I lived in the UK, different story.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would not expect any North American base cars to arrive at dealers until mid 2024 at best case scenario. TBH, I am ok with that..... More time to sort issues, I don't think I would take an F/E Emira if it was offered to me at the moment... If I lived in the UK, different story.
Agreed.

A FE version of any new car is a gamble and only good for bragging rights, which I don’t care about at all. However, the Emira is not really a totally new car, a lot of existing design that Lotus should have been able to handle out of the gate.

I’m all for waiting for an Emira that is fully baked. We in NA are too far from the Lotus mothership to get speedy support. But then maybe Lotus UK is too far from the new Geely “Galaxy”.

Unfortunately, the Lotus Emira is turning into a never ending story.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Placed my deposit @Gentry on July 26/2021 and I’m #39 in their queue. That’s about 1 new deposit per day between our deposit dates.

So like me you’re going to be a base model and we’re still waiting for the base level to be added to the configurator.
Interesting... Placed my deposit with Gentry on September 27/2021 and I'm #54. Looks like a lull in the orders between July and September (Only 15 deposits in the next 2-month span). I'm curious to know how many deposits they have now.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting... Placed my deposit with Gentry on September 27/2021 and I'm #54. Looks like a lull in the orders between July and September (Only 15 deposits in the next 2-month span). I'm curious to know how many deposits they have now.
Not sure how many deposits they have now.

From talking to Paul last week at the TO auto show (he was there with an Emira & a DB2-4) he said there was a lot of interest at the show. However, interest doesn’t necessarily translate to deposits especially when most people at an auto show are just looking.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ordered July 9th '21, #26 at Gentry. Last I spoke with them they were estimating Aug./Sept. 23'
Ask him again today about that. FE's now not coming in to North America until 2024. And base models after that. Sort of like Elon does, take deposit money, don't give updates, sit on all the money you have now and laugh all the way to the bank.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ask him again today about that. FE's now not coming in to North America until 2024. And base models after that. Sort of like Elon does, take deposit money, don't give updates, sit on all the money you have now and laugh all the way to the bank.
I gave up last year trying to get any correct information from them. Any info he would have gave out would have been wrong anyways. Would be interesting to know what is happening with Canadian 2.0 F/E situation, did they say anything on that end?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts