Lotus of Oakville

wheresmyemira

Reaction score
Has anyone here placed their deposit with LOTUS of OAKVILLE?
I placed my deposit in Jan 2023 & was told that I was 50 something in line. However, I read a post by someone on here that they placed their deposit in mid 2022 and is #54.
Any info about oakville timeline, updates & allocation numbers would be appreciated!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I placed my deposit in Jan 2023 & was told that I was 50 something in line. However, I read a post by someone on here that they placed their deposit in mid 2022 and is #54.
Any info about oakville timeline, updates & allocation numbers would be appreciated!
US dealers each have their own queue. There isn't any consolidated or universal queue. You may be #54 at your dealer and someone at another dealer may be #42 even if they deposited later than you.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was told in sept 21 I was in the 50’s…. This should tell you all you need to know about Lotus of Oakville. Although I do feel bad for any Lotus dealer these days, I wouldn’t expect transparency. Truthfully, nobody knows where in line they are at Oakville. Hope that helps.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was told in sept 21 I was in the 50’s…. This should tell you all you need to know about Lotus of Oakville. Although I do feel bad for any Lotus dealer these days, I wouldn’t expect transparency. Truthfully, nobody knows where in line they are at Oakville. Hope that helps.
This is only my experience, but I was originally going to place my Emira deposit with Oakville because it was closer to where I live. However, the sales staff were sadly very slow in making it happen so I placed my deposit at Gentry in July/2021. At Gentry I’m #39. So based on my experience I’m not very confident with Oakville so you may have been told what you wanted to hear, a lower number than you actually are especially since you just placed your deposit in January/2023. On the other hand Oakville’s numbers may have changed if they have had cancellations. The fact is none of us really know what’s going on in this crazy mixed up world of Lotus. Good luck to us all, including Lotus themselves.

Last edited:
OP
W

wheresmyemira

Reaction score
US dealers each have their own queue. There isn't any consolidated or universal queue. You may be #54 at your dealer and someone at another dealer may be #42 even if they deposited later than you.
I meant someone that also placed their deposit at oakville, 6 month before me.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think he meant the other person was at the same dealership? It could be that they’re deleting anybody who’s dropped out? Also, it seems that deposits and dates aren’t very linear. For example I was unaware of the deposit process when the car was unveiled and signed up on the Lotus global site that day thinking the deposit process hadn’t began and I’d get contacted by them with advance notice. I then got a call from Gentry as they were closing up shop and arranged to come in after a weekend instead of racing in with my deposit. So I was kicking myself for awhile but then apparently found out they had something like 30-33 deposits as of the reveal date and I’m 35 so in the end we’re probably talking like a month or two tops difference in delivery date and having signed up the morning of the reveal prior to the event wouldn’t have even come close to getting a FE lol. Don’t even get me started on posts from folks in the US who went to certain dealers in September and got an FE that will open up a whole new can of worms LOL. I already expressed to the Lotus rep who despite not having any power that they really ought to be careful not to completely shaft ppl who made July deposits by charging some egregious price for an FE spec…time will tell, but if they cut off the FE for July depositors they should at least maintain some sort of cost structure for those who placed deposits ahead of other FE depositors (wishful thinking).

AMKV28

Reaction score
I placed my order in June 2021 and they told me I would be in line for an FE. That never happened and I am still waiting for an update on building my Base Emira with the new choice of colours. Tony is supposed to get an update from Lotus America this week on the status of the build timeframe and delivery schedule.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Placed my order with them July 12, 2021. No idea on what number I am in line. The wait continues.
Placed my deposit on July 26/2021 with Gentry. On my “New Car Bill of Sale” it states the number in the allocation queue I am (#39). It also states my deposit is fully refundable.

If it were me I would contact Oakville and ask where you are in their Emira queue. Also, make sure you have a “Bill of Sale” stating your position in the queue.

The wait is agonizing when you’ve been waiting for almost 2 years for a car. Sometimes I even think it’s a dream that I placed a deposit on an Emira and I have to look at the Bill of Sale to remind me it’s real as I hope the Emira is too!

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I placed my order in June 2021 and they told me I would be in line for an FE. That never happened and I am still waiting for an update on building my Base Emira with the new choice of colours. Tony is supposed to get an update from Lotus America this week on the status of the build timeframe and delivery schedule.
Tony from Oakville is the reason I changed to Gentry. Good luck.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tony from Oakville is the reason I changed to Gentry. Good luck.
It truly is shocking. I get why Oakville would not want to tell you your place in line, or how many Emira allocations they are receiving. Makes it easier for them to prioritize other deals and bump you if need be. The only reason a dealer would not be transparent on your # in line is because of that. I am ok with waiting, I don't think the Emira is fully sorted anyways.

AMKV28

Reaction score
I'm debating on cancelling my order and getting a 911T or Cayman GTS.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It truly is shocking. I get why Oakville would not want to tell you your place in line, or how many Emira allocations they are receiving. Makes it easier for them to prioritize other deals and bump you if need be. The only reason a dealer would not be transparent on your # in line is because of that. I am ok with waiting, I don't think the Emira is fully sorted anyways.
Absolutely agree. According to the owner of Gentry, Oakville gets only 1 allocation to every 10 that Gentry gets. By the time Oakville gets to allocation #50, the Emira will be out of production. If true, you might as well look for another car. I also don’t mind waiting even longer for an Emira because it’s definitely not fully baked yet.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm debating on cancelling my order and getting a 911T or Cayman GTS.
Hey, if you want a car that will be noticed, go for an Aptera being built in San Diego. They start around $30k USD. All electric.

DB7E80B4-5D59-44CD-8F7C-D3286172FFD1.jpeg

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is only my experience, but I was originally going to place my Emira deposit with Oakville because it was closer to where I live. However, the sales staff were sadly very slow in making it happen so I placed my deposit at Gentry in July/2021. At Gentry I’m #39. So based on my experience I’m not very confident with Oakville so you may have been told what you wanted to hear, a lower number than you actually are especially since you just placed your deposit in January/2023. On the other hand Oakville’s numbers may have changed if they have had cancellations. The fact is none of us really know what’s going on in this crazy mixed up world of Lotus. Good luck to us all, including Lotus themselves.
I'm 3.5hrs away from Oakville and 4hrs away from Gentry. I ended up putting a deposit with Gentry for various reasons.

I put a deposit in early Oct 2022 and He said I was around #160 on the list. lol..

He said probably late 2024. I ordered V6 Manual. Seneca Blue. That's all he asked for specs. I havent called since. I'm hoping I can get a test drive or showing at least in near future.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 3.5hrs away from Oakville and 4hrs away from Gentry. I ended up putting a deposit with Gentry for various reasons.

I put a deposit in early Oct 2022 and He said I was around #160 on the list. lol..

He said probably late 2024. I ordered V6 Manual. Seneca Blue. That's all he asked for specs. I havent called since. I'm hoping I can get a test drive or showing at least in near future.
I’m 1.5 hrs from Gentry so I hope Lotus gets the Emira as trouble free as possible because it’s a long wagon ride into town to get service and supplies. You’re even farther!

We’re all on a slow conveyor belt in a tunnel that sometimes slows, sometimes stops, sometimes even goes backwards. I hope whoever is in control of the conveyor belt knows what they’re doing because we are not seeing much light at end of the tunnel yet.

But, “there’s always hope!”

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Absolutely agree. According to the owner of Gentry, Oakville gets only 1 allocation to every 10 that Gentry gets. By the time Oakville gets to allocation #50, the Emira will be out of production. If true, you might as well look for another car. I also don’t mind waiting even longer for an Emira because it’s definitely not fully baked yet.
1 in 10.... I don't think that is accurate. Even Lotus of Calgary which is a brand new dealer gets more than that. IMO Gentry will probably get more allocations, but 1 in 10, I think is too much. Maybe 1 in 2.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought allocations were discussed last summer out of the 70 FEs in Canada? Please don’t quote me but I thought it was 15 for Gentry and 10 for Oakville?

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
1 in 10.... I don't think that is accurate. Even Lotus of Calgary which is a brand new dealer gets more than that. IMO Gentry will probably get more allocations, but 1 in 10, I think is too much. Maybe 1 in 2.
That’s what the owner (John) told me when I placed my deposit. He said for ever 1 that Oakville gets, he (Gentry) gets 10. Take it for what it’s worth.

I just need one Lotus Emira, that has no issues. It’s not asking for too much when Lotus makes so few cars compared the big auto manufacturers.