Lotus Emira Track Experience

mrmoogee

Reaction score
Can you tell us the shift points? 1-2 2-3 3-4 I’ll allow kph. Im hopeful it’s the opposite of 718s.
As best as I can... eyes were not glued to the speedometer the whole time..., just went by what I felt and heard from the car to judge it's limits... and I'll try remember back to Sport mode setting....

Hethel test track I suppose is fairly low-mid speed style layout (there was a temporary chicane in on the day as well to keep higher speeds limited), only just hooked it into 5th on Mansell and Fitapaldi straights.

1-2, pretty short as I expected, 2-3 also was thinking about it, 3rd longer again, but 3rd and 4th pulled well through the twisty stuff, low to mid end pick felt ok. Getting into 5th on both main straights, taking it to 120-125mph but there was more to go certainly... conversely, braking harder down from 120ish into the chicane, quite a tight one on Mansell, dropped to 3rd through there and it pulled out happily, running kerb and just went straight over it fine.

Realising I've waffled more here sorry... for B road/twisty road blasting, I would gauge that I'd think 4th would pull you through most bends with little trouble. Would have been great to find 6th gear and see how that was of course. I'd add as well, finding any gear, easy, the feel of shifting was superb. Clutch feel and weight was also a delight.

To sum up the power delivery overall, it is nice linear delivery to me, it doesn't snap your neck getting up to speed, but before you know it, you are there and going pretty fast. Suppose thinking of who Lotus are "going for" with this car, they didn't want it to handle like some wild beast, and it doesn't, it works more with you than against you

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As best as I can... eyes were not glued to the speedometer the whole time..., just went by what I felt and heard from the car to judge it's limits... and I'll try remember back to Sport mode setting....

Hethel test track I suppose is fairly low-mid speed style layout (there was a temporary chicane in on the day as well to keep higher speeds limited), only just hooked it into 5th on Mansell and Fitapaldi straights.

1-2, pretty short as I expected, 2-3 also was thinking about it, 3rd longer again, but 3rd and 4th pulled well through the twisty stuff, low to mid end pick felt ok. Getting into 5th on both main straights, taking it to 120-125mph but there was more to go certainly... conversely, braking harder down from 120ish into the chicane, quite a tight one on Mansell, dropped to 3rd through there and it pulled out happily, running kerb and just went straight over it fine.

Realising I've waffled more here sorry... for B road/twisty road blasting, I would gauge that I'd think 4th would pull you through most bends with little trouble. Would have been great to find 6th gear and see how that was of course. I'd add as well, finding any gear, easy, the feel of shifting was superb. Clutch feel and weight was also a delight.

To sum up the power delivery overall, it is nice linear delivery to me, it doesn't snap your neck getting up to speed, but before you know it, you are there and going pretty fast. Suppose thinking of who Lotus are "going for" with this car, they didn't want it to handle like some wild beast, and it doesn't, it works more with you than against you
I remember testing the M4 when it first came out and that car when you put the power down certainly wanted to drag you intro a hedge. Pleased the power on the Emira is balanced and linear.

mrmoogee

Reaction score
I remember testing the M4 when it first came out and that car when you put the power down certainly wanted to drag you intro a hedge. Pleased the power on the Emira is balanced and linear.
Yes, think balanced and transferable is best way to describe power output. My BMW even with x-drive and about 410bhp feels easier to displace than the Emira

centerpunch

Reaction score
Do you think you redlined 2nd around 100 kph?

Seems likely the car will have gearing very similar to the Evora, right?

I will be stunned if speed in 2nd gear at redline is under 100kph/63mph. Having to shift twice in 0-to-60mph or 0-to-100kph really hurts those times, which are important for marketing reasons.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I will be stunned if speed in 2nd gear at redline is under 100kph/63mph. Having to shift twice in 0-to-60mph or 0-to-100kph really hurts those times, which are important for marketing reasons.
This is true but is this what they did?
718s move to 3rd at freaking 80 or so MPH

centerpunch

Reaction score
I dunno, it's a bit weird that they haven't released detailed specs, including gearing information.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

2nd gear redline is around 68-70mph (112kph) and 3rd around 100mph (161kph) based off Harry's video last year. Timestamped clip below:

mrmoogee

Reaction score
no slots till March next year!
price up to £199 for taste of Lotus and track time down about 10 minutes overall... but the new Dynamic Emira session sounds ok, still, the price of a few very, very good coffees... on the subject of tea and biscuits, I feel they missed a trick not having Lotus Biscoff available when I went last, I mean, come on, ha

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
FANTASTIC news

sorry but its higher than that and quite a bit. The evora is a good bit higher, 120 at least and the emira is not far behind it.... 100 it is not I can assure u.
Why not ask some of the current owners.... better to get an exact answer....

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
price up to £199 for taste of Lotus and track time down about 10 minutes overall... but the new Dynamic Emira session sounds ok, still, the price of a few very, very good coffees... on the subject of tea and biscuits, I feel they missed a trick not having Lotus Biscoff available when I went last, I mean, come on, ha
Bell and Colvill have Lotus biscuits :LOL: I was there a few days ago

petermal57

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have booked two days on the 12. and 13. of may 2023,
will someone else be there?
last year it was cancelled, Hope to drive from Germany with my new Emira, Hope to get the Car in April 2023.
Greetings peter

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I did in one of my videos.
I was on Sports suspension. The car was fully run in.
No noticeable understeer and the traction is UNBELIEVABLE.
All in all, I think this could destroy many 'faster' cars on shorter circuits and twisty country roads.

I felt I could feel what was going on really well. It was confidence inspiring.
Although all the evidence out there at present on those types of short twisty circuits says otherwise? 🤔🤯

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Although all the evidence out there at present on those types of short twisty circuits says otherwise? 🤔🤯
I think they have revised the geo since those initial tests as no one else has said anything about it for months…. I certainly couldn’t feel anything on my test drives and im coming from an s2 exige…

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think they have revised the geo since those initial tests as no one else has said anything about it for months…. I certainly couldn’t feel anything on my test drives and im coming from an s2 exige…

Explain this a little more please