Lotus Emira Key Fob cases - initial run

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi all,

Hope you are well! Many thanks to robrmon for the introduction to this forum.

Think its worth me giving an introduction and a bit of background, as this is not my day job, im just a Lotus owner that fell into doing something to help the community.

I am a Lotus Eletre owner and was one of the early customers in the UK. I am part of a Facebook forum and we quite quickly realised we needed a solution to a problem we had with our key. Unlike the Emira key, that one has no way at all to attach to anything, people nearly lost them and often dropped them with significant damage.

Having seen some pretty poor quality attempts at chinese sellers selling covers via aliexpress, i started researching and talking to a number of factories to produce a custom keycover.

The other forum members jumped at this when i discussed what i was doing and fortunately supported me by paying in advance of me placing the order with the factory. It has since grown considerably, i initially took orders via email, then a google forms and now put together a small e-commerce site. I am also now supplying directly to some Lotus dealers.

As i need to buy and stock the variations (dont like telling people i am out of stock, but at same time i cant afford to have lots of stock sitting in my house!), i want to keep the number of variations down.

At the moment i have placed an initial order for black leather or alcantara with a choice of stitching:
- Black
- Yellow
- Blue
- Red
- Green

Based on feedback, thinking of changing to:
- Black Leather with yellow or red stitching
- Alcantara with yellow or red stitching
- Red Leather with Red Stitching
- Yellow Leather with Yellow Stitching
- Green Leather with Yellow Stitching
- Can also see if i can get a leather similar to Seneca Blue

In terms of pricing, it mirrors the Eletre pricing (despite this one actually costing a bit more due to larger size and needing a new custom mould):
£35 per piece
£5 UK shipping (£2.50 additional)
£15 International shipping (£7.50 additional)

Hope this helps, apologies for the long post! Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
Thank you! My car is Seneca with alcantara interior and yellow stitch so I would 100% be interested in leather with yellow stich, alcantara with yellow, alcantara with blue if those are ones you are getting (3 in total). If there’s a Seneca leather that may be of interest as well! Seneca with a leather stitch. Day 1 order for me or pre-order I’m down.

Bancho

Reaction score
Sounds like I will end up with quite a few variations.. based on what you have said, will need to go with:

MaterialStitching
AlcantaraBlack Stitching
AlcantaraYellow Stitching
AlcantaraRed Stitching
AlcantaraBlue Stitching
Black LeatherBlack Stitching
Black LeatherYellow Stitching
Black LeatherRed Stitching
Black LeatherBlue Stitching
Yellow LeatherYellow Stitching
Green LeatherYellow Stitching
Red LeatherRed Stitching

Will also try for a Seneca Blue leather, but this will likely be in a future batch. The other colours I have tested and used for the Eletre already, so should be ok to do.

Thanks

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

Hope you are well! Many thanks to robrmon for the introduction to this forum.

Think its worth me giving an introduction and a bit of background, as this is not my day job, im just a Lotus owner that fell into doing something to help the community.

I am a Lotus Eletre owner and was one of the early customers in the UK. I am part of a Facebook forum and we quite quickly realised we needed a solution to a problem we had with our key. Unlike the Emira key, that one has no way at all to attach to anything, people nearly lost them and often dropped them with significant damage.

Having seen some pretty poor quality attempts at chinese sellers selling covers via aliexpress, i started researching and talking to a number of factories to produce a custom keycover.

The other forum members jumped at this when i discussed what i was doing and fortunately supported me by paying in advance of me placing the order with the factory. It has since grown considerably, i initially took orders via email, then a google forms and now put together a small e-commerce site. I am also now supplying directly to some Lotus dealers.

As i need to buy and stock the variations (dont like telling people i am out of stock, but at same time i cant afford to have lots of stock sitting in my house!), i want to keep the number of variations down.

At the moment i have placed an initial order for black leather or alcantara with a choice of stitching:
- Black
- Yellow
- Blue
- Red
- Green

Based on feedback, thinking of changing to:
- Black Leather with yellow or red stitching
- Alcantara with yellow or red stitching
- Red Leather with Red Stitching
- Yellow Leather with Yellow Stitching
- Green Leather with Yellow Stitching
- Can also see if i can get a leather similar to Seneca Blue

In terms of pricing, it mirrors the Eletre pricing (despite this one actually costing a bit more due to larger size and needing a new custom mould):
£35 per piece
£5 UK shipping (£2.50 additional)
£15 International shipping (£7.50 additional)

Hope this helps, apologies for the long post! Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
Red leather is interesting... I think I'd be down for one red leather and one black leather with yellow stitch. Just tell me how and when to order.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Out of interest what is your car configuration? Just thinking if theres a popular configuration i have missed i can try and do something for it.

Worst case yes I could add an option for Alcantara with black stitching
Atlantis Blue over Ice Grey

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217-152212.png
    Screenshot_20240217-152212.png
    295.9 KB · Views: 20

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Colour combination looks stunning 😍

Would the grey leather be of interest? Could add a few of them.. If not I've added the black stitching back for the black leather and alcantara.

Thanks
I fine with the all black. Don't want you to have to anything special for mine.

Bancho

Reaction score
I fine with the all black. Don't want you to have to anything special for mine.
Appreciate that and understand it's probably in response to me trying to keep the variations down.

I will add some grey leather ones anyway, up to you then if you would like that or the all black. Who knows, there may be a load of owners with Ice Grey or the grey/silver paint who want the grey leather one!

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Appreciate that and understand it's probably in response to me trying to keep the variations down.

I will add some grey leather ones anyway, up to you then if you would like that or the all black. Who knows, there may be a load of owners with Ice Grey or the grey/silver paint who want the grey leather one!
I think black and alcantara with yellow stitching are very popular.

Don’t need to create extra work beyond that but I feel like red leather is nice for red cars and for Seneca cars maybe even blue Alcantara with yellow stitch over leather?

Last edited:

neonate

Reaction score
Thank you Rob for putting this up!
Hello Bancho, I will take a alcantara with black stitch and a red leather with red stitch. Thank you

Pixelated816

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Color of my car is NG so I would love a grey leather with yellow stitching, I’m down to pay a little more. But if it’s just black leather, then I’m interested in the black leather with yelllow stitching please!

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds like I will end up with quite a few variations.. based on what you have said, will need to go with:

MaterialStitching
AlcantaraBlack Stitching
AlcantaraYellow Stitching
AlcantaraRed Stitching
AlcantaraBlue Stitching
Black LeatherBlack Stitching
Black LeatherYellow Stitching
Black LeatherRed Stitching
Black LeatherBlue Stitching
Yellow LeatherYellow Stitching
Green LeatherYellow Stitching
Red LeatherRed Stitching

Will also try for a Seneca Blue leather, but this will likely be in a future batch. The other colours I have tested and used for the Eletre already, so should be ok to do.

Thanks
Hi Banco,

Thanks again, where are located in the UK, I am Stone, Staffordshire.

As from my previous post:

2 x Emira black leather with red stitching

2 x Eletre Black (with or without red stitching)

If you private message your bank details, happily pre pay

Roland

Chobfreak

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would take 2 in black leather with very light grey (nearly white) stitching to match my interior.
20240315_211941.jpg