Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here you go!

View attachment 39825
That red is gorgeous. @73JPS

@robrmon I'd like to add two in green leather with yellow stitch. So four total for me.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OP
robrmon

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks everyone for the feedback today.
I’ve relayed relatively equal interest in Alcantara and leather, yellow stitching in general stands out, but there will be interested in all the other colours.

Initial batch will be around 125 units, I’ll let you know when the website is up.

@Time2Fly, I agree the bespoke leather colours would look incredible. Perhaps something you can discuss with the seller after this run. I can imagine from his point of view, It’s harder to quantify the interest in the individual leather colors, noting he is on the hook for whatever doesn’t sell. Black leather/Alcantara is probably a safe bet for him initially, but at least you can see what’s doable.

73JPS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As I mentioned a while back, I collaborated with a guy in the UK who made key cases for the Eletre. He is in touch with a manufacturer in China and we have the first batch of samples!

I’m really impressed, leather and Alcantara are the options with different stitching colours. Black, Yellow, Green, Black, Blue are suggested.

He will setup a website, we think pricing will be £35 each (£15 international postage and £7.50 per each additional one) think that makes 1 piece around 63usd delivered.

Please don’t consider these orders, but can I get indications of interest that I can relay to the guy who is producing these.

Personally, I think I would buy two one in Alcantara, and one in leather

View attachment 39800
If you’re still gauging interest or trying to predict production I would take one in leather and one in Alcantara, red stitching for each.

OP
robrmon

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you’re still gauging interest or trying to predict production I would take one in leather and one in Alcantara, red stitching for each.
He’s already put in an initial order. I think everyone should be happy.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks everyone for the feedback today.
I’ve relayed relatively equal interest in Alcantara and leather, yellow stitching in general stands out, but there will be interested in all the other colours.

Initial batch will be around 125 units, I’ll let you know when the website is up.

@Time2Fly, I agree the bespoke leather colours would look incredible. Perhaps something you can discuss with the seller after this run. I can imagine from his point of view, It’s harder to quantify the interest in the individual leather colors, noting he is on the hook for whatever doesn’t sell. Black leather/Alcantara is probably a safe bet for him initially, but at least you can see what’s doable.

Hopefully he can. Strange to have the nicer colors only for a car with a smaller adopter base.

OP
robrmon

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hopefully he can. Strange to have the nicer colors only for a car with a smaller adopter base.
Yeah I thought the same, but perhaps he decided it was hard to predict what sells and what won’t and learnt from it so opted on less customization. Anyhow he has the link to this page and is reading the posts so I’m sure all feedback is welcome.

Bancho

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you are well! Many thanks to robrmon for the introduction to this forum.

Think its worth me giving an introduction and a bit of background, as this is not my day job, im just a Lotus owner that fell into doing something to help the community.

I am a Lotus Eletre owner and was one of the early customers in the UK. I am part of a Facebook forum and we quite quickly realised we needed a solution to a problem we had with our key. Unlike the Emira key, that one has no way at all to attach to anything, people nearly lost them and often dropped them with significant damage.

Having seen some pretty poor quality attempts at chinese sellers selling covers via aliexpress, i started researching and talking to a number of factories to produce a custom keycover.

The other forum members jumped at this when i discussed what i was doing and fortunately supported me by paying in advance of me placing the order with the factory. It has since grown considerably, i initially took orders via email, then a google forms and now put together a small e-commerce site. I am also now supplying directly to some Lotus dealers.

As i need to buy and stock the variations (dont like telling people i am out of stock, but at same time i cant afford to have lots of stock sitting in my house!), i want to keep the number of variations down.

At the moment i have placed an initial order for black leather or alcantara with a choice of stitching:
- Black
- Yellow
- Blue
- Red
- Green

Based on feedback, thinking of changing to:
- Black Leather with yellow or red stitching
- Alcantara with yellow or red stitching
- Red Leather with Red Stitching
- Yellow Leather with Yellow Stitching
- Green Leather with Yellow Stitching
- Can also see if i can get a leather similar to Seneca Blue

In terms of pricing, it mirrors the Eletre pricing (despite this one actually costing a bit more due to larger size and needing a new custom mould):
£35 per piece
£5 UK shipping (£2.50 additional)
£15 International shipping (£7.50 additional)

Hope this helps, apologies for the long post! Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for doing these! They look great. I'm still in for four whenever you can get them produced. Two black leather and yellow stitching, two green leather with yellow stitching.

OP
robrmon

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi all,

Think its worth me giving an introduction and a bit of background, as this is not my day job, im just a Lotus owner that fell into doing something to help the community.

I am a Lotus Eletre owner and was one of the early customers in the UK. I am part of a Facebook forum and we quite quickly realised we needed a solution to a problem we had with our key. Unlike the Emira key, that one has no way at all to attach to anything, people nearly lost them and often dropped them with significant damage.

Having seen some pretty poor quality attempts at chinese sellers selling covers via aliexpress, i started researching and talking to a number of factories to produce a custom keycover.

The other forum members jumped at this when i discussed what i was doing and fortunately supported me by paying in advance of me placing the order with the factory. It has since grown considerably, i initially took orders via email, then a google forms and now put together a small e-commerce site. I am also now supplying directly to some Lotus dealers.

As i need to buy and stock the variations (dont like telling people i am out of stock, but at same time i cant afford to have lots of stock sitting in my house!), i want to keep the number of variations down.

At the moment i have placed an initial order for black leather or alcantara with a choice of stitching:
- Black
- Yellow
- Blue
- Red
- Green

In terms of pricing, it mirrors the Eletre pricing (despite this one actually costing a bit more due to larger size and needing a new custom mould):
£35 per piece

Thank you
Welcome to the forum @Bancho !
And thanks for the collaboration on this…

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi all,

- Black
- Yellow
- Blue
- Red
- Green

£35 per piece

Thank you
For those of us whose cars don't match the above options, might I suggest and all black alcantara alternative?

Bancho

Reaction score
For those of us whose cars don't match the above options, might I suggest and all black alcantara alternative?
Out of interest what is your car configuration? Just thinking if theres a popular configuration i have missed i can try and do something for it.

Worst case yes I could add an option for Alcantara with black stitching