• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira De-badged

I’m thinking of removing the front Emira badge filling the dip, repainting and putting the Lotus Emblem as a decal (minus the outside circle. My order is for Mist white and I think that would look perfect.

My reason: I hate how the yellow clashes haha
that would look wicked... Would love to see pictures!

Just to keep the post alive.. still looking for custom fender shield options.

Found this one online. Looking for something like this with new
Logo and without the race flag.

Does anyone know a company who can make these in the design that I have in mind?

Attachments

• IMG_3106.png
    IMG_3106.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 49
Not for me.
As already commented, it makes the rear of the car look naked. Also, removing the letters doesn't save any significant weight. In general, I'm not a fan of deleting or installing things just for looks for instance, adding wings, spoilers, defusers, side skirts etc that don't actually improve aerodynamics or ride quality. Any minimal benefit they could possibly have, if any at all, tend to be nullified by the adverse effect of adding unnecessary weight.

Just to keep the post alive.. still looking for custom fender shield options.

Found this one online. Looking for something like this with new
Logo and without the race flag.

Does anyone know a company who can make these in the design that I have in mind?
I wouldn't put those on my car, but if they had a small version they'd make a cool looking guitar pick.

• Haha
Reactions: ADC
Does make it nice when cleaning and waxing without the raised badges...
And it is your car that you can do what ever you want to it and
do not have to ask for approval..
Enjoy your debadged Lotus.

Last edited:
I replaced the nose badge, wheel centers, and lettering with black. Yellow Lotus badges clash badly with the Hethel Yellow body.

Can you link to those? I want to pick them up for my car when it arrives

All the cool kids have black badges 😎
View attachment 35580
Well there you go, can't argue with tastes, can you? I for one, think that the black removes all contrast that the yellow adds to most colors of the emira and I actually think that it works really well with the blue (which is not my chosen Emira color anyway). One exception, again in my "peanut gallery" opinion, is with Hethel Yellow, not only because yellow doesn't contrast at all with yellow, but even more significantly, because the shades of the yellows don't even match.
There's a reason why generally auto brand emblems (badges) have distinct coloring which is to stand out and not camouflage in to the surface surroundings. Admittedly however, the only oddity I have found with the OEM Emira Badging is the Lotus' rationale for badging the steering wheel hub in a different color than the rest of the car. Go figure....

Back