• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira De-badged

J600net

Reaction score
Thoughts? 🤔👍 or 😑👎

Screenshot_20231121_212537_Auto Trader.jpg

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of de-badging anything. Not for me either.
I don't mind a logo or even the brand name like Lotus or Porsche, but I've never understood why we want our cars to be covered in information like the specific model name, its engine size, the trim level, the fact it has a turbo charger and other detail.

It's just marketing and pure social signalling, when you think about it. Otherwise why would they stick a badge on the back that says Panamera Turbo S and not just Panamera (or a just a Porsche).

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What irks me more than de-badging is addition of cheesy decals and badges like:
* Transformer autobot badges on camaros
* Stickers of fake bullet holes
* Poorsche decals on VW Beetles :ROFLMAO:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't mind a logo or even the brand name like Lotus or Porsche, but I've never understood why we want our cars to be covered in information like the specific model name, its engine size, the trim level, the fact it has a turbo charger and other detail.

It's just marketing and pure social signalling, when you think about it. Otherwise why would they stick a badge on the back that says Panamera Turbo S and not just Panamera (or a just a Porsche).
Never thought about that before, interesting. One non-marketing / non-signalling benefit I can think of is, those decals might make it easier to sell a specific trim level of car on the used market?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've seen people do this to cars over the years, and personally I've never understood it.

Other than the LOTUS lettering on the back, the Emira only has the wheel center caps, the front badge, and the FE badges on the sides. For those who want to de-badge, what would you do with the empty spaces where you removed the badges?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
other than upgrading/tuning a car so much it doesn't resemble the car it started with anymore, im not a fan of de-badging

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Yep, it's all about status signalling and the upsell!