Lotus Emira Boot

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, they had to have a fire extinguisher and other things were clearly pre-production. The boot of the blue show car looked like the back of the Delorean in Back to the Future!

I've got an Evora S and I thought the Emira boot space was a very similar size and dimensions. There is a decent amount of space left and right under the rear wings too. I don't play golf but am told you can get a set of clubs in there.

I sat in the blue show car and checked out the rear space (my photo isn't as good as some of the others floating around). My Evora is a +2 and obviously Emira rear space is less than that. I'd say roughly half the bulkhead to seat distance but still very useable - and more space for shortarses like me who have the seats all the way forward :) Two or maybe three cabin bags looked fine.
Top marks!

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
First look at the Lotus Emira Boot/Trunk.

View attachment 16
(Photo credit: Nick R - Facebook)
Were there any additional pics from this event? This looks like the magma red paint that I’ve honed in on as my exterior color choice (since neither white or a metallic dark blue are offered) that I’m planning to pair with a tan interior. I’d love to see some exterior shots instead of the computer rendering. Thank you.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can't remember where the dimensions were posted, but I do remember that the trunk (per that source) was ~20% larger than my Porsche 997's frunk. Which is more than large enough for a weekend getaway with my wife. And apparently there's room behind the seats, too (?).
According to Lotus, the space behind the seats is actually larger in volume than the trunk space in the rear.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
According to Lotus, the space behind the seats is actually larger in volume than the trunk space in the rear.
208 litres behind the seats, 151 litres for the boot. Lotus say you can fit a standard flight case or a bag of golf clubs in the boot, two flight cases behind the seats (I think you might squeeze in three).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Were there any additional pics from this event? This looks like the magma red paint that I’ve honed in on as my exterior color choice (since neither white or a metallic dark blue are offered) that I’m planning to pair with a tan interior. I’d love to see some exterior shots instead of the computer rendering. Thank you.
That picture is of the grey pre-prod car at Goodwood. I haven't seen a Magma car yet. As far as I'm aware they've only built the grey and blue ones of the Emira colours, the rest so far are all in "crash test blue". UK dealer tour starts in September and I'm hoping they might have more than one car and some of the other exterior and interior colours.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That picture is of the grey pre-prod car at Goodwood. I haven't seen a Magma car yet. As far as I'm aware they've only built the grey and blue ones of the Emira colours, the rest so far are all in "crash test blue". UK dealer tour starts in September and I'm hoping they might have more than one car and some of the other exterior and interior colours.
Oh! Stupid me! The red I’m seeing is the rear light bar. Duhhhhh. Sorry. Thanks for setting me straight. Best, mike

theredmini

Reaction score
Actually it's my pic from 8 July at Goodwood but it's been doing the rounds ever since with several people posting it as though it was their own. It was posted in The Lotus Forums as a public service for those after info about the boot so I'm happy to see it helping people out
Does anyone have pictures of back seat storage?
I'm curious if this car is capable of 2 carry-on suitcases.
Here you go. I guess how much space there is will depend on the position of the seats, but this is with the passenger seat as far back as it will go. Not the best shot, but it shows it’s at least deep enough to fit a helmet!
50277B04-602B-4E7E-815D-873FE2F8C8BE.jpeg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Here you go. I guess how much space there is will depend on the position of the seats, but this is with the passenger seat as far back as it will go. Not the best shot, but it shows it’s at least deep enough to fit a helmet!
View attachment 217
Thanks for sharing this! Seems like moving the seat up a little and maybe adjusting the tilt a little would give you enough room for a good-sized overnight bag on the passenger side without cramping them too much. As for the driver side, it will really depend on how tall you are as to how much you can fit behind that seat.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Looks like a fire suppression system that they have just because it's a test mule or will that remain for the production version?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Because it's a pre-production prototype and a requirement for running at Goodwood. Won't be on the production cars. The blanking plates and battery/cover are also pre-production.