Lotus Emira Boot

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First look at the Lotus Emira Boot/Trunk.

lotus-emira-boot.jpg

(Photo credit: Nick R - Facebook)

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Not bad at all! I read somewhere that it will at least fit a set of golf clubs?

Skymira

Reaction score
Seems I remember seeing a video showing the space extends all the way into the quarter panels, allowing more storage than you see here with just the opening.

Vroom

Reaction score
Since the Emira is a mid-engine car, does anyone know if it will have a front trunk, or "frunk"?

Bertone GT

Reaction score
Since the Emira is a mid-engine car, does anyone know if it will have a front trunk, or "frunk"?
No, as far as I understood (and in line with the previous Evora layout) the front will be entirely used by radiators. Fresh air enters by the lower front grill, pass the radiators and exit through the Z-shaped seams on the bonnet (if I remember correctly the chief designer explains this in the Carfection video on YT)

Last edited:

Kenny

Reaction score
I can't remember where the dimensions were posted, but I do remember that the trunk (per that source) was ~20% larger than my Porsche 997's frunk. Which is more than large enough for a weekend getaway with my wife. And apparently there's room behind the seats, too (?).

foldplat

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of back seat storage?
I'm curious if this car is capable of 2 carry-on suitcases.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
That looks like a good size space behind the seats there. I would guess enough room for a couple of small duffle bags or backpacks?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
First look at the Lotus Emira Boot/Trunk.

(Photo credit: Nick R - Facebook)
Actually it's my pic from 8 July at Goodwood but it's been doing the rounds ever since with several people posting it as though it was their own. It was posted in The Lotus Forums as a public service for those after info about the boot so I'm happy to see it helping people out :)

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Actually it's my pic from 8 July at Goodwood but it's been doing the rounds ever since with several people posting it as though it was their own. It was posted in The Lotus Forums as a public service for those after info about the boot so I'm happy to see it helping people out :)
Get some royalties mate

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If only! Of all the Emira pics I posted from Goodwood on 8 July that's the one I've seen re-posted the most. I knew people were going to ask about storage and the Lotus folks were very cagey about opening the boot of the blue show car (I did see it for a second and it was stuffed with batteries to power the motors and run the electrics). So I was quick to snap the boot of the grey car when they had it open.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If only! Of all the Emira pics I posted from Goodwood on 8 July that's the one I've seen re-posted the most. I knew people were going to ask about storage and the Lotus folks were very cagey about opening the boot of the blue show car (I did see it for a second and it was stuffed with batteries to power the motors and run the electrics). So I was quick to snap the boot of the grey car when they had it open.
I'm glad you did!! Well done

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Nicely done Tom, the photo was very useful! You can clearly see it is pre-production from some of the finishing but it was still very useful, as is the info about fitting 2 pull-along cabin bags behind the seats. I'm going from reasonable boot in a Vantage plus space behind the seats so luggage space being decent in the Emira, which it is, means me and my better half can go touring in it. The hooning will mainly be done on my own or with my son - baggage free!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nicely done Tom, the photo was very useful! You can clearly see it is pre-production from some of the finishing but it was still very useful, as is the info about fitting 2 pull-along cabin bags behind the seats. I'm going from reasonable boot in a Vantage plus space behind the seats so luggage space being decent in the Emira, which it is, means me and my better half can go touring in it. The hooning will mainly be done on my own or with my son - baggage free!
Yes, they had to have a fire extinguisher and other things were clearly pre-production. The boot of the blue show car looked like the back of the Delorean in Back to the Future!

I've got an Evora S and I thought the Emira boot space was a very similar size and dimensions. There is a decent amount of space left and right under the rear wings too. I don't play golf but am told you can get a set of clubs in there.

I sat in the blue show car and checked out the rear space (my photo isn't as good as some of the others floating around). My Evora is a +2 and obviously Emira rear space is less than that. I'd say roughly half the bulkhead to seat distance but still very useable - and more space for shortarses like me who have the seats all the way forward :) Two or maybe three cabin bags looked fine.