Lotus Driving Experience Cancelled

Mike

Reaction score
In advance of my delivery I had booked a Lotus Driving Experience at Hethel for next weekend.

Before you get you jealous, I've just had a call to cancel the Experience as they haven't been able to take delivery of the cars.

I was confused as I thought I had already seen cars on the track in marketing photos.

The Driving Academy apologised and offered a refund but our flights, hire car and hotels have all been paid for weeks ago and I doubt I'll get a refund for these.

I'm a #disappointeddriver

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
In advance of my delivery I had booked a Lotus Driving Experience at Hethel for next weekend.

Before you get you jealous, I've just had a call to cancel the Experience as they haven't been able to take delivery of the cars.

I was confused as I thought I had already seen cars on the track in marketing photos.

The Driving Academy apologised and offered a refund but our flights, hire car and hotels have all been paid for weeks ago and I doubt I'll get a refund for these.

Ah man. Did you explain how far you were travelling....
I feel like there should have been an exception made here

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Come over anyway Mike, we can certainly suggest some other cool stuff to do

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is where lotus need to step up their game, they need to take your individual circumstances into account!!!
This is what separates excellent CS from average or even poor... I think we know where this particular example sits.
I'd be offering a free lunch and tour and a passenger spin around the track.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Give to to Lotus they certainly know how to surpass expectations and keep everyone satisfied - not, what a mess what a disappointment. These dates should not have been organised if there was any chance at all that they could not deliver them. You should be fully compensated. Such late notice to cancel wow 😮

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes it's not that hard that's, exactly what I was thinking bit of free food and plenty of vp, tt and press cars about to give them an idea. Come on lotus 80k car want to compare with porsche???

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Same. Mine was June 29 and I was flying from the states. Flights and Airbnbs booked, all non-refundable.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You have to come over still. Will be a great mini break none the less

I do have a Goodwood ticket, and booked Saturday qualifying at the British GP, but the point of the trip was LDA and I've located myself near Hethel based on that.

Now I'm interested in the UK dealer demo car conversation lol. What's the current thinking as to when that's happening?

OP
M

Mike

Reaction score
Same. Mine was June 29 and I was flying from the states. Flights and Airbnbs booked, all non-refundable.
So sorry to hear this. I'm new to Lotus and as such don't expect any historical priority but having a trip cancelled like this is hard to take. Particularly as I was bringing some staff with me as a treat. Was quite embarrassing to tell them it was cancelled.
I can imagine you would be somewhat annoyed with travel and accommodation also already organised and paid for.

I've been offered alternative dates but my team have summer holidays booked and it's doubtful if we can make it. I'm happy to DM you the dates and you can have them if you want to take the risk it won't be cancelled again.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not getting this. How many cars were the driving experience getting 5? How does that help customer cars matt is softening people for a further delay How many auto box cars are there in the first batch next to non I think, just cos he's got his face out on a video means nothing. Be honest tell us what the delay is name the parts and the problem stop people guessing get a job as a politician if you want to be economical with the truth.

OP
M

Mike

Reaction score
Ah man. Did you explain how far you were travelling....
I feel like there should have been an exception made here
I did explain I had flights, car hire and accommodation booked. To be fair, the guy was apologetic but that doesn't really help in this case.

I was offered alternative dates but i'm not sure I trust them not to simply cancel again with only a weeks notice.

I run my own business and have long understood that trust is one of the most important factors in customer relations. It's really hard to get back once lost or abused.

I obviously haven't received my car yet (due July) but I was in the process of looking at hotels in Scotland to Complete the North 500 route when I flew over to collect it. This just spoils the excitement and casts doubt on the liklihood of the delivery date.

I'm frustrated and disappointed but clinging on to a hope that once I eventually get the car, it will drive well and I can enjoy the post purchase experience.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wow you would at least think they could gather up 5 ish cars not to cause all this extreme disappointment and cost to people that have made major plans on the dates that Lotus offered.
How can this be the case when they are saying cars are in production ? Sorry but sorry does not no where cut it in this scenario - This Company slides further down my scale everyday. Maybe Matt should do a video of this topic as well - absolutely messing people about - should of started dates later when they 100% certain they can deliver !

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Surely they could find another lotus. Give someone the option to drive an exige instead of the Emira. Not everyone will be booking it to test drive the Emira will they? I’d be happy to do it in another lotus.

If not maybe they could borrow a GT4. I’ve heard they’re good round a track

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. I'm new to Lotus and as such don't expect any historical priority but having a trip cancelled like this is hard to take. Particularly as I was bringing some staff with me as a treat. Was quite embarrassing to tell them it was cancelled.
I can imagine you would be somewhat annoyed with travel and accommodation also already organised and paid for.

I've been offered alternative dates but my team have summer holidays booked and it's doubtful if we can make it. I'm happy to DM you the dates and you can have them if you want to take the risk it won't be cancelled again.
Wow what a great thing to do for your team too. Really frustrated for you. When you see pics of cars being driven around to car shows around the place, you’ve got to think they can use them for the LDA. But, I guess not.

Chris2409

Reaction score
Surely they could find another lotus. Give someone the option to drive an exige instead of the Emira. Not everyone will be booking it to test drive the Emira will they? I’d be happy to do it in another lotus.

If not maybe they could borrow a GT4. I’ve heard they’re good round a track
That’s a really good point - they could have used an Elise/Exige/Evora and (if they really wanted to keep people sweet) still give them the option to come back to do the day in the Emira as originally planned. Appreciate not all would be able to travel back but it would have been a really good gesture - particularly for those with orders in place.

To be fair, I’m also really disappointed that the day has been cancelled at such short notice but I would rather wait a bit and drive a properly ready car as opposed to one of the VPs that seem to have differing quality issues.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I suppose the problem with using another Lotus, which would be great fun, is that it would not be acceptable for some people given they have emira's on order and hence others in the group for that day may not make the trip and hence the cost for just one person would be preventative.
However, I fully agree something should be done. A factory tour at the very least and some little VIP treatment to see the colour car you have ordered etc, although the driving academy dont necessarily know you have ordered a car or have a great link to the production I guess.
I would certainly make a strong case and try to push for something..... explaining the costs to you, maybe a 50% reduction on one at a later date, or as I say, a free factory tour at the very least.
contractually they dont have to do anything, but in terms of customer relations and public relations, you would hope someone there would push for something for you.....