• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Looking forward to learning about the Emira environment

bpldlt

Reaction score
I am the only owner of a 2005 Lotus Elise, which I sometimes take to track days at Sebring.
I placed my order at Naples Motorsports, which claims to be the largest Lotus dealer in the world.
I placed my order on July 8th, 21 and I have not received any official order number.
Is there such a thing as an order acknowledgement? I think I got one in 2005 from Lotus.
Anyway, looking forward to learning from you and having my Emira before the end of the year.

Attachments

• KEV_6864.JPG
    KEV_6864.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 47

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am the only owner of a 2005 Lotus Elise, which I sometimes take to track days at Sebring.
I placed my order at Naples Motorsports, which claims to be the largest Lotus dealer in the world.
I placed my order on July 8th, 21 and I have not received any official order number.
Is there such a thing as an order acknowledgement? I think I got one in 2005 from Lotus.
Anyway, looking forward to learning from you and having my Emira before the end of the year.

Welcome!

Hm. Might be worth checking in with Naples. Do you know where you are on their list? Have they asked you for a 2nd deposit?

For context, I placed a 1st "reservation" deposit (refundable) around the same time you did (with a different dealer) and have since placed a 2nd deposit of 10% (non-refundable) to officially order the car. My spec was finalized at the time of 2nd deposit. I'm at the tail end of the 2022 production run and am expecting delivery in early 2023. All of my communication has been with my dealer, nothing directly with Lotus.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum - nice Elise in a great colour!

The dealer should have registered your deposit with Lotus Cars USA and you should have had an email back from them or Lotus HQ with a deposit reference number.

Several people have found these emails in spam/quarantine or haven‘t received them. Worth following up with the dealer.

OP
bpldlt

bpldlt

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum - nice Elise in a great colour!

The dealer should have registered your deposit with Lotus Cars USA and you should have had an email back from them or Lotus HQ with a deposit reference number.

Several people have found these emails in spam/quarantine or haven‘t received them. Worth following up with the dealer.
I did not find any message in my email folders (even Spam). I sent a message 2 weeks ago the Naples and they have not replied. I will give them a call tomorrow (today is a holiday in the USA). Thank you!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There are people after you there that are ordering cars so you definitely need to call.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Naples has multiple salesman and each manage their own list. It’s possible the salesperson you worked with has left and whoever picked it up isn’t paying attention so definitely make a phone call. They got 70 (ish) FE allocations so I would think a July 21 deposit should get you an FE with Naples.

I’m with Naples as well and am still confident I’ll get a car next year but their unwillingness to be transparent on the number of deposits and your actual place in line has always bothered me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I called Naples and they sent me the confirmation email with my Lotus Emira Order Entry.
Moving ahead, thank you!
Good news. Have they indicated when they’ll ask you for spec and likely delivery month?

It sounded like your deposit timing meant it should be now for spec (or even last month), unless you’re opting for i4 FE or Base Edition.