Just happy to be on board

HTM52N

Reaction score
Hi there , just a quick note before signing off till spring . I deposited about a month ago and was told 60 weeks with specification coming in the spring which is fine with me given any new production will have shake down issues so hopefully by summer 23 production will be smooth and the inevitable kinks will smoothed out . Looking forward like everyone else to getting data on the touring or sports suspension plus seeing colours on real cars . I will track mine for certain but it’s real job will be holiday touring to far flung places so the road set up is tempting as a idea but waiting data from users and testers .

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations on the deposit. Not long now and there will be plenty of feedback from new owners and pictures of all the colours in the wild.

Most of what we know so far about suspension is on this thread:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi there , just a quick note before signing off till spring . I deposited about a month ago and was told 60 weeks with specification coming in the spring which is fine with me given any new production will have shake down issues so hopefully by summer 23 production will be smooth and the inevitable kinks will smoothed out . Looking forward like everyone else to getting data on the touring or sports suspension plus seeing colours on real cars . I will track mine for certain but it’s real job will be holiday touring to far flung places so the road set up is tempting as a idea but waiting data from users and testers .
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your decision to purchase an Emira! There's lots of great information for you to read on here and we're generally a friendly bunch that want to help each other.

Enjoy your Emira journey!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You can be sure between now and Spring of 2023, there's going to be tons of pictures and info, and this forum will be the best place to find the latest and greatest.

jagseven

Reaction score
Another newbie here - paid deposit a few weeks ago and accept there wil be long wait. This will be my second new Lotus. I orderd an S1 Elise 25 years ago and had to wait 12 months for that so know how to be patient! Going on factory tour tomorrow so will hopefully get a better sense of the car and colour options after that. I really want a manual and love a good engine note so V6 was an easy choice for me. Less bothered about loads of power these days - just want a car that feels balanced and is fun to drive. Almost bought an MX5 instead (!) but the junior supercar looks of the Emira won me over.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another newbie here - paid deposit a few weeks ago and accept there wil be long wait. This will be my second new Lotus. I orderd an S1 Elise 25 years ago and had to wait 12 months for that so know how to be patient! Going on factory tour tomorrow so will hopefully get a better sense of the car and colour options after that. I really want a manual and love a good engine note so V6 was an easy choice for me. Less bothered about loads of power these days - just want a car that feels balanced and is fun to drive. Almost bought an MX5 instead (!) but the junior supercar looks of the Emira won me over.
Well done and welcome to the forum!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Those kinks are what Lotus used to call “features and characteristics”. They are what fuelled past Lotus owners banding together to find ways to deal with them!

For future Lotus, let’s hope we’re mainly getting together to share our enjoyment of the cars.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations and welcome. Getting that S1 Elise after a 12 month wait must have been amazing. So innovative at the time.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly the same buying history for me.
When I ordered my S1 Elise from Kinsey Jones in Bury, they assumed from my jeans and hoodie appearance that I wasn't worth bothering with. I politely inquired about a test drive (they did have demo cars in 1997) but was told "we don't offer test drives". I then asked how to order one then? "you need to place a £1000 deposit... <now go away>" When I produced my cheque book, they quickly jumped about and changed their tune. The wait for the car was excruciating, made worse by me working overseas at the time and unable to drive for a few months after delivery. First registered in 1998 and still parked in my garage (until the Emira arrives 25 years later)

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've just joined the Emira forum too but have been a frequent visitor since I placed my deposit on 7th July, the day after the Hethel reveal. I've much appreciated Tome's contributions and Eagle7's renders have been excellent. I can understand the general frustration with Lotus communications and the lack of information. I attended one of the final roadshow events at Hethel in October and Matt Windle and Scott Walker were both very aware of the shortcomings but have clearly not brought about an improvement I've gone for V6 manual with touring suspension and was told by Lotus CC a couple of weeks ago that my July build will be delivered in August. I have an early S1 Elise which I'll be keeping too.

jagseven

Reaction score
I’m envious of you guys that kept your S1 Elises - my car was a September 1997 car in Norfolk Mustard yellow which I had for 2 years before kids and a house move got in the way. Tempted to order the Emira in Hethel yellow to bookend my Lotus journey although kids say Nimbus might give off less midlife crisis vibes!

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Tempted to order the Emira in Hethel yellow to bookend my Lotus journey although kids say Nimbus might give off less midlife crisis vibes!
Ha. yeah, never thought of that. Yellow is for the older desperados clutching to youth... @TomE will love that. :D

Great colour though. At least the 4th best colour.... 😛

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m envious of you guys that kept your S1 Elises - my car was a September 1997 car in Norfolk Mustard yellow which I had for 2 years before kids and a house move got in the way. Tempted to order the Emira in Hethel yellow to bookend my Lotus journey although kids say Nimbus might give off less midlife crisis vibes!
Good to see the New Members and hope they are feeling welcomed. As far as June 7th - a date that may become legendary in Lotus lore - imagine the forum gain that could result. Does a cult have a size limit?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ha. yeah, never thought of that. Yellow is for the older desperados clutching to youth... @TomE will love that. :D

Great colour though. At least the 4th best colour.... 😛
My wife has already renamed it “Mid Life Crisis Yellow”. I say it’s more the colour of a spring chicken (or at least one of those toy rubber chickens!).

At least it’s a traditional Lotus colour, unlike these new-fangled metallic shimmery colours that don’t photograph or render properly :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good to see the New Members and hope they are feeling welcomed. As far as June 7th - a date that may become legendary in Lotus lore - imagine the forum gain that could result. Does a cult have a size limit?
There’s certainly the sub-cult of people with pre-reveal deposits. The “forgotten hundred”, where Lotus messed up the deposit date recorded for their earliest adopters and consequently didn’t communicate with them 🤦‍♂️

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My wife has already renamed it “Mid Life Crisis Yellow”. I say it’s more the colour of a spring chicken (or at least one of those toy rubber chickens!).

At least it’s a traditional Lotus colour, unlike these new-fangled metallic shimmery colours that don’t photograph or render properly :)
My Elise is Norfolk Mustard otherwise I'd have gone for Hethel Yellow too. Oddly enough my wife really likes the colour and I'm past any midlife crisis.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I put my deposit down in Early August and am expecting that I won’t get a car till probably at least a year from now or into next summer, I don’t see how it’s possible that those putting deposits down in the last month have any chance of getting a car by middle of next year - what are the current expected dates for end of first edition production and then ongoing production?