Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have to say I also cant see much point or extra comfort in electric seats.... an american import/ant/ed idea from years ago, but I think its a huge waste of money and weight and effort and parts and potential issues at some point. However, I am average height and these days below average weight, given the norm to be overweight, and hence I guess the slightly taller or larger frame maybe like electric seats. 2800 pounds (money not weight) or something like that for all electric in competitor cars.... insane. I'll be very interested to see and more so to sit in the bucket seats when they arrive along with the extra 30/50 Hp from the engine in the XXX version probably to be given some airtime snip bits late this year.. I'm 100% guessing and not referring to the GT.
Wrong thread, but I am now really thinking I went with the wrong colour in Red, but such poor work on Lotus's behalf to show us the real colours has lead me down that path, or rather has not lead me down any other path, BUT probably when I see it in the flesh it will be fine, problem is I have a blue one to use first and will probably see all the colours at the track at the end of July one way or another. Anyway, just rambling now, had lunch, so there you go.
Also, if values do hold very very well as people expect, although I still say in the EU its a different story.... then I may change to the bucketed seat, extra HP type when it gets announced and can then do the colour lottery again and can keep doing it until I get it right, or until I get an electric sports car (sorry for the bad language!) from Lotus or Porsche, which ever one (even jaguar who have made the best looking GT for the money over the last 10 years F type), looks and seems better.
I also hope the Heinz souppppped up version doesnt have a god awful spoiler on it..... more bad language... Rest in Peace
Don't feel cheated with magma red, its the dogs danglies! Seen it in the flesh. 👍👍

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I vote ice grey but whatever floats your boat. Red makes me think of the 80's and white/ice grey is Tesla modern.

The Emira interior reminds me of the 80s, in a good way. I didn't get that sense from photos, but when I sat in the car for the first time it hit me, and had this vague sense of rad-aesthetic / retro 80s video games. I think it's partly the screens and graphics, partly the simple shapes. As a child of the 80s who grew up obsessing with racing games, it was a welcomed surprise.

So in that sense, the red might fit right into the vibe. But also when I saw red on the factory floor it looked thoroughly modern, very sporty but not shouty. Ice looked great too, but not as sporty. I agree that the white is more contemporary, but the reason white works so well in Tesla is it's a serene and calming environment. I was tempted by Ice in the Emira but figured it was a bit discordant with the screaming V6 behind my ears (and also, I've owned the white Tesla interior and it was a pain in the ass to keep clean and definitely developed some permanent stains from passenger's jeans).

If interiors were drive modes, I'd label them like this:

Black alcantara: Race
Red: Sport
Tan: Tour
Ice: Comfort

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So in that sense, the red might fit right into the vibe. But also when I saw red on the factory floor it looked thoroughly modern, very sporty but not shouty.
~~~
If interiors were drive modes, I'd label them like this:

Black alcantara: Race
Red: Sport
Tan: Tour
Ice: Comfort
I would have done Magma Red over Red Leather if Lotus had given us ANY images whatsoever so that we could see how the colors play against each other in real light. As it stands, the possibility of it clashing horribly was just too high, so I played it safe with Magma Red over Tan. I hope it proves to be a good choice.

I'm not entirely sure yet about the amount of "peanut butter tan" leather they will have on the dash and center console area. I think they could have two-toned it more subtly for the Tan to retain the sporty character. In Red it seems like it works because it contrasts nicely with the silver elements and the black dash. And the black Alcantara interior works as well, with the black leather trim at the edges that's a little more complex in execution than the standard leather options. But both Tan and Ice are more "large color block" dominant around the dash elements than I would prefer in this car. I really hope they don't do anything weird like a black contrast stitch on the tan. Tan/caramel leather is awesome but doesn't lend itself well to contrast stitching.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would have done Magma Red over Red Leather if Lotus had given us ANY images whatsoever so that we could see how the colors play against each other in real light. As it stands, the possibility of it clashing horribly was just too high, so I played it safe with Magma Red over Tan. I hope it proves to be a good choice.

I'm not entirely sure yet about the amount of "peanut butter tan" leather they will have on the dash and center console area. I think they could have two-toned it more subtly for the Tan to retain the sporty character. In Red it seems like it works because it contrasts nicely with the silver elements and the black dash. And the black Alcantara interior works as well, with the black leather trim at the edges that's a little more complex in execution than the standard leather options. But both Tan and Ice are more "large color block" dominant around the dash elements than I would prefer in this car. I really hope they don't do anything weird like a black contrast stitch on the tan. Tan/caramel leather is awesome but doesn't lend itself well to contrast stitching.

A buddy of mine rolled the dice and locked-in red on red. I think he figures that if it clashes, it'll be unique!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Here's the original show samples of both the leathers and associated stitch threads.

--Leather Samples.jpg

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Red on Red is definitely bold - can’t wait to see a picture of that!

elromulous

Reaction score
Have there been any updates on the original concern of this thread, namely, the seats being not very sporty, and of unexceptional finish? The original photos posted looked like seats that belonged in a Camry, at best.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hopefully we will have aftermarket options.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The OEM Emira seats look fine for a GT car. I’ll have a set of buckets for track season I’ll swap in once a year.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For me, I'm not buying a $100k+ car with the plan of having to replace the seats. If lotus can't get that right, I'll have to cancel my pre order.

I am the exact opposite. I am hoping I can get a great set of aftermarket seats to really set the car off and use on the track. For me it's not about Lotus getting that right, it's about doing upgrades that fit my personal taste and use. There is no racing seat that wouldn't look good in this car and be awesome to ride in.

elromulous

Reaction score
So I agree wrt racing seats. I don't expect a gt car to come with racing seats (although I certainly think it should be an option, e.g. Cayman gt4). But I do expect the daily driver seats to be high quality, and be sporty while also comfortable.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I actually love my M2 Comp's seats. They look great, are ultra comfortable, and I enjoy adjusting the side bolsters electronically for a snug fit.

Hoping the Emira's seats are just as good, if not better.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Please explain, why would you want to do this? So you can take the seats out. This is an honest question.
Most cars give a dash light error when you disconnect the seat airbag. In the R8 they sell aftermarket plug ins that fool dash error or I think you can do it in ECU. When you install aftermarket seats you need to address issue. Not speaking for anyone but that’s what I know.🤷‍♂️

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Please explain, why would you want to do this? So you can take the seats out. This is an honest question.

Most likely if removing oem seat and using an aftermarket seat you’d be using a harness bar and a real harness with a helmet and HANS device. Airbags not needed in those situations and not really designed to work with helmets.