Let’s talk about the offset pedal box

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Is it possible to evenly space them like the right hand drive car? I’m sure it’s something I’ll get used to but during the test drive I was wearing chukka boots and it was honestly difficult to drive. Gas and brake very close together. If not I’ll just make sure I wear the right shoes when driving it

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone notice how the pedal box looks different from the first post? First pic shows gas pedal attached to the floor and the more recent pics show it coming from the top. I much prefer the first orientation with thr gas pedal connection to the floor.
The photos with the pedals coming from the top are correct from my experience, but other's with delivered US spec cars can confirm. I assume the first photo from the OP is from a different vehicle altogether.

I'm the opposite from you in that I prefer the floating pedals instead of an angled pedal that's hinged to the floor because that way the whole pedal moves concurrently, allowing more feel and precision as opposed to the top moving and the bottom staying fixed. Curious to hear other's opinions on this however, as memory serves all modern Porsches have the floor mounted pedals, which some say makes it easier to heel-toe. I suppose it all comes down to what you're used to.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The photos with the pedals coming from the top are correct from my experience, but other's with delivered US spec cars can confirm. I assume the first photo from the OP is from a different vehicle altogether.

I'm the opposite from you in that I prefer the floating pedals instead of an angled pedal that's hinged to the floor because that way the whole pedal moves concurrently, allowing more feel and precision as opposed to the top moving and the bottom staying fixed. Curious to hear other's opinions on this however, as memory serves all modern Porsches have the floor mounted pedals, which some say makes it easier to heel-toe. I suppose it all comes down to what you're used to.

It's totally a preference thing. However, I find when heel toeing before a corner you are typically braking hard so the brake pedal is pressed down but the gas pedal is still high. I like keeping my heel down at the gas pedal, braking with my toes and then rolling my foot to blip the gas. My foot moves less and it feels like it's easier to be consistent. When the gas pedal is floating you have to hit the brake, then lift your heel and jab the throttle. Of course, skilled drivers can do any just fine. I just think it's easier and more comfortable leaving my heel down.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When it comes to comparing pedal offset, well, I think there's no comparison to this...

Casket Car

1000000430.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've experienced no problems with the pedal box. Just wear shoes that don't have an extended sole, and you'll be fine. Heel-toe is great.

ManOfSteel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
lol I wish. I'm trying to find some driving shoes. Any recs from anyone on this forum?
I've been wearing Piloti shoes for 16 years and love them. Perfect for my Elise (confined pedal box), great for heel-toe shifting.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know why the UK RHD Emiras have bigger pedal spacing than the LHD cars?

I’m not complaining because I have wide feet and found the Evora ones a bit too close, just thought it odd.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the UK RHD Emiras have bigger pedal spacing than the LHD cars?

I’m not complaining because I have wide feet and found the Evora ones a bit too close, just thought it odd.
I think the pedals are a little close. I have size 9.5 feet and bought driving shoes which are great. The one problem I had was the Emira floor mat catching the heel of any boot or extended sole I wore on my left foot using the clutch. I literally cut about a three inch deep rectangle out of the floormat. Fixed the problem. I had tried double sided velcro to hold the mat down but it still caught the heel of some of my shoes.