Leather vs Alacantara?

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
A guy on the 718 forum posted a pic wearing gloves so he didn’t mess up his steering wheel I’ll try to find it, as funny as my c8 brothers owner pics

promise me brothers, we will do better
eCxq0IT.jpg
😂😂😂 A GTS 4.0...apparently he's our direct competition! I feel we can all rest a little easier at night now😂

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Leather is common, feels cold, feels boring and is preferred by women.
Alcantara feels nice, never cold, sexy and for real men.

Apparently.
I have it on my C63... 2015 model and the Alcantara is quite a bit bobbled and STILL feels better.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Apparently.
I have it on my C63... 2015 model and the Alcantara is quite a bit bobbled and STILL feels better.
Or Alcantara is for racer boy posers that follow the crowd and leather is for the adults. I guess it depends on your perception;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So we'll put Leather vs Alcantara in the same category as Touring vs Sports suspension? Pros and cons to each and it depends on your usage and personal preferences :)

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Apparently.
Alcantara is preferred by men who like cheap, synthetic materials. Leather is preferred by those who prefer the real and classic.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine will be Alcantara and leather, so I´m covered in all arguments .
Couldn't do it with the suspension though . Maybe it works with Touring in front and. Sport in the back!

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Alcantara is preferred by men who like cheap, synthetic materials. Leather is preferred by those who prefer the real and classic.
It’s a bit like your choice of lady friends.

Alcantara is cheap and artificial, but still feels nice. Leather is softer but real and comforting.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Alcantara is cheap and artificial, but still feels nice. Leather is softer but real and comforting.
Arent the base seats going to be Leather bolsters and technical fabric, ie alcantara?

You can have an Alcantara blow up lady friend but not a leather one.

I have an Alcantara blow up double mattress that cost a tenner from Tesco's more alcantara on that then the whole of the Emira!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Maybe I would understand better if I wasn't a lady myself? 🤷‍♀️

But yes....I do agree about Alcantara being "cheap and artificial."

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No weirder than peeling the outside off some animals, decorating your car with it, and calling it "comforting" and "natural" :)
Hey...our cavemen ancestors sure didn't complain. It was comforting and natural for them 🤣

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But yes....I do agree about Alcantara being "cheap and artificial."

Remember, and not all know this, Alcantara is actually a trademarked brand - a synthetic product.
It's advantages are being lighter, requiring less maintenance, has more grip and does not rely on the killing of animals!

It is also not cheap in any way. It is about the same price, sometimes more.

It is often the first choice of interior over leather in high-performance cars.

I love how Alcantara feels but I also love how the right leather colour can look amazing in the right car and smells great.

For the Lotus, I think Alcantara suits it well, though will concede that it will look even better in the GT version.

However, this is all a bit. of bollocks.
There is.as much leather in the Emira as Alcantara anyway. You get both!!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Remember, and not all know this, Alcantara is actually a trademarked brand - a synthetic product.
It's advantages are being lighter, requiring less maintenance, has more grip and does not rely on the killing of animals!

I love how Alcantara feels but I also love how the right leather colour can look amazing in the right car and smells great.

For the Lotus, I think Alcantara suits it well, though will concede that it will look even better in the GT version.

You are correct with what you've said. I honestly don't have a problem with Alcantara (tm)...it's kinda like Kleenex, everyone knows what it is by the brand name 🤣....

Anyway, I prefer it on the interior pillars and headliners to other materials. Even on the seats it can be nice. But where I really don't like it is the steering wheel. Just don't like the way it looks or feels. But like someone else mentioned, we should just be happy we have a choice 😉

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I do actually know all that Ade. The “cheap and artificial” comment was my (cheap) way of trying to get a (cheap) laugh that was, quite rightly, called out by our (as it turns out) “lady friend“ @Magma

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I do actually know all that Ade. The “cheap and artificial” comment was my (cheap) way of trying to get a (cheap) laugh that was, quite rightly, called out by our (as it turns out) “lady friend“ @Magma
Hahahaha! I do love keeping it under wraps for the most part.
No offense ever taken. I find the comments and stereotypes quite comical most times😁

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just to resurrect this thread with some new information.
Seat pricing at Aston
Alcantara - entry level material
Alcantara and part leather
Full leather - most expensive