Leather vs Alacantara?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, same with Bentley BUT Aston and Bentley offer some proper expensive leather.
Our GTC is responsible for the death of 17 cows! :eek:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, same with Bentley BUT Aston and Bentley offer some proper expensive leather.
Our GTC is responsible for the death of 17 cows! :eek:
Bet it feels lovely, semi aniline leather??

I think the Emiras is Nappa, ie one down from semi aniline?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Dunno, but after 15 years (2007 model) it still smells incredible, is super soft and suits the car. It just would not suit the Lotus. I just believe Alcantara suits the car better though I did love the red, ice and tab leather options - in looks.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So we'll put Leather vs Alcantara in the same category as Touring vs Sports suspension? Pros and cons to each and it depends on your usage and personal preferences :)
I think this is pretty much spot on. My V6 has alcantara on wheel & seats and I think it works very well - wheel has a lovely feel and grip on seats is better. My i4 order has alcantara wheel with ice grey leather which will also be excellent - lightens the dark feel of the interior. V6 Sport, i4 Touring - happy with both (I suspect Touring is more ‘Lotus’. V6 Vs i4 - god knows - can I have a manual i4? Or an AMG v8 Emira?