Komotec working on first upgrades for Emira

schorsch

Reaction score
A few days ago, I called Komotec who is my Lotus dealership with to get an update on my Emira order (delivery expected in December).
I was told that Komotec is already working on four specific upgrades for the Emira:
  1. Bespoke Komotec wheels for the Emira. Also forged 20 inch wheels. I aksed for more details, but none could be shared yet.
  2. Suspension upgrade
  3. Upgraded brakes
  4. A carbon rear spoiler, similar to the one from the GT4
It sounded as if more details are to be published soon on theor website. I was especially encouraged to share this in Forums. I will keep you posted on news once I hear anything. I will be in touch with Komotec a couple of times through the next 8 weeks.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great news and yes keep us posted. Carbon rear spoiler is a winner.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interested to learn more about these wheels... seems like there is ample room for improvement on the weight of the OE forged items.

Last edited:

Stonecutter

Reaction score
They are working on it! The power package tunes are already on their site with placeholder info and pricing. They'll likely be live by next Q1 2023.
So the engine is safely capable of higher revs? I always thought that was a physical limitation for failure?

OP
S

schorsch

Reaction score
I also discussed power upgrades. They definitely are looking into it, but don‘t expect a product too soon. They need a lot of time to understand the Inner workings of the ECU, especially to what extent changes will be visible to Lotus. Further they aim for street legal upgrades and the current noise and emmission constraints are really difficult to deal with. I definitely got the impression that power upgrades are at least a few quarters away.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So the engine is safely capable of higher revs? I always thought that was a physical limitation for failure?
Current limit is actually more likely to be emissions driven - same engine as the Evora, but lower rev limit to help meet new emissions regs.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

It's basically the exact same powertrain as the previous Lotus cars with the airbox and exhaust slightly modified to fit. The ECU map should be extremely similar and require minimal R&D. The redline can easily be bumped to 7200 at least, thus increasing the power of the 2GR-FE to 416-430HP as before. Cooling is a major factor and some increased power packages, like their 450-475HP offerings, require a louvered rear window to aid with heat dissipation.

Here's the Komotec Emira page with placeholders.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's basically the exact same powertrain as the previous Lotus cars with the airbox and exhaust slightly modified to fit. The ECU map should be extremely similar and require minimal R&D. The redline can easily be bumped to 7200 at least, thus increasing the power of the 2GR-FE to 416-430HP as before. Cooling is a major factor and some increased power packages, like their 450-475HP offerings, require a louvered rear window to aid with heat dissipation.

With a tune raising the redline to 7200 would the tachometer also be adjusted showing a new redline at 7200 essentially changing when it turns from yellow to red? I have never tuned a car with a digital dash.

OP
S

schorsch

Reaction score

While the powertrain is the same as for the Evora, the regulations are now several years newer and much stricter compared to when the Evora got type approved. Hence much more difficult to increase HP legally.

Last edited:

ott

Reaction score
I have seen those upgrades, it will be Öhlins coilovers and wing is very similar or may-be identical to GT4 racer’s. They will release also more carbon parts, but don’t know details. Wheels looked cool as well.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Isn’t the lotus suspension supposed to be a strong point?
They're just simple non-adjustable bilstein dampers valved for a reasonable balance of bumpy roads (touring) or smoother street roads (sports). Many will want the ability to lower the ride height or be able to have adjustable compression and rebound either together or separately.

As per their prior offerings I'm guessing they'll be making some nitron streetable, nitron trackable, and ohlins track dedicated setups available for the Emira like they did for the Evora.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have seen those upgrades, it will be Öhlins coilovers and wing is very similar or may-be identical to GT4 racer’s. They will release also more carbon parts, but don’t know details. Wheels looked cool as well.
Swan neck wing, oh my.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I spoke with the Lotus rep at my test drive event about the redline being lowered and he said it was 100% to protect the engine. But then he said they had a low failure rate on Evora GT's, so it kind of seems like there was no great reason for the redline where it is. Lame.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I spoke with the Lotus rep at my test drive event about the redline being lowered and he said it was 100% to protect the engine. But then he said they had a low failure rate on Evora GT's, so it kind of seems like there was no great reason for the redline where it is. Lame.
I had an Evora S1 from 2013 to 2017 that had a 7000 normal range but in sport it went to 7200rpm.

From 2017 to 2021 had an Evora400 that had a 7000 in sport which was disappointing as I missed that extra 200 rpm rush in gears.

So reducing to 6800 is not positive, I think this engine can take higher revs as previous variations. I think they have been emission strangled.

haaaake

Reaction score
So excited they are doing an Ohlins TTX kit for the Emira! Can't wait to see all the stuff the develop.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had an Evora S1 from 2013 to 2017 that had a 7000 normal range but in sport it went to 7200rpm.

From 2017 to 2021 had an Evora400 that had a 7000 in sport which was disappointing as I missed that extra 200 rpm rush in gears.

So reducing to 6800 is not positive, I think this engine can take higher revs as previous variations. I think they have been emission strangled.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
A few days ago, I called Komotec who is my Lotus dealership with to get an update on my Emira order (delivery expected in December).
I was told that Komotec is already working on four specific upgrades for the Emira:
  1. Bespoke Komotec wheels for the Emira. Also forged 20 inch wheels. I aksed for more details, but none could be shared yet.
  2. Suspension upgrade
  3. Upgraded brakes
  4. A carbon rear spoiler, similar to the one from the GT4
It sounded as if more details are to be published soon on theor website. I was especially encouraged to share this in Forums. I will keep you posted on news once I hear anything. I will be in touch with Komotec a couple of times through the next 8 weeks.
Anymore news on these 👀

OP
S

schorsch

Reaction score